What you did today

Tale

My wife is from there and she hasn't been home in about a decade. Usually her folks come here and visit but this year we are going there.

I wanted to detour to Finland for a couple days but we are going to Russia for a few days instead.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Ah Germany - Italy later. Should try to watch that, not sure if Italy is the German women's boogeyman like they are for the men.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My wife is from there and she hasn't been home in about a decade. Usually her folks come here and visit but this year we are going there.

I wanted to detour to Finland for a couple days but we are going to Russia for a few days instead.

Say hi to Oby for us.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Another bike ride today.  Very similar route to what I did yesterday, but opposite direction.  I climbed Clark Hill again but didn't climb Chestnut Hill today.  I substituted with Mott Hill, which is an easier climb than Chestnut Hill, and Clark Hill is easier from the direction I climbed today, longer distance but milder gradient, probably about 6.5% average and never over 7.5%.  All in all, about the same distance as yesterday and roughly the same amount of climbing, but with easier gradients.  That coupled with significantly better conditions (mid 80s, low humidity) made for a fantastic day out on the road.  I feel really good right now.  I definitely earned a beer.

:biggrin:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I sweated. Sweat? Sweatinged? Perspirated? Perspired? Alot. It's too damn warm!

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Now I'm watching Phil Mickelson about to win The Open.  Man, he's hit some masterful shots.  Out of all the majors, this is the one I thought would always be the hardest for him to win.  Even a 2 putt right now will likely be good enough, if he sinks the birdie it's definitely over.  Go Phil!

Edit:  **** yes!  **** yes!  **** yes!  Phil sinks the birdie on 18, that's how you finish off a championship.  There's no catching him now.  It's purely academic at this point.

claret-jug3.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I was sitting on my terrace repairing & oiling a rifle stock (on a hot day the pores of the wood open up and accept oil more easily) and worked on it so intensively that I failed to notice that it was burning hot. I mean, 100F/ 39C hot. 4 hours later I didn't feel so good so I took a nap and now I feel like arse. 

Guess I'm having a mild heatstroke, my head feels like a smoldering piece of charcoal. ;(

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Say hi to Oby for us.

It feels oddly appropriate that I just watched Severance.

~

Friend turned up today, and we just sat in the garden talking plans and misfortunes. Few cups of coffee, and a bowl of ice cream.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

How are you coping with being a lord of leisure, Ros?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Weirdly enough I was just thinking the same thing, Ros.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Just got home from Nashville. My GF came over for my birthday last Thursday. Then Saturday morning we woke up and decided to go to Nashville. Had a great time, went to the Nashville Nightlife theater for a couple of concerts from really great singers and bands I've never heard of. We spent the night there and came home this morning. Most definitely a great weekend.

This week we finish off the Dyer County Schools project and hand that network over a full two weeks ahead of schedule. We were a little over budget but we still came off well on this one. We are giving the installation teams a bonus for their part. The should provide some incentive for the next project! Time to refocus on the Mall business again. That means road trips coming soon.

Now time to do a little shopping online, play Skyrim for a bit and enjoy a cold Sam Adams or two... or three. Life is good folks!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My mother came back from her trip, got a bunch of shirts. The bright yellow one with pineapples on it truly takes the cake.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So you rather went to say hi to Oby than me and the other guys? huh? HUH?

;)

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

;)

Yeah Shady that does seem a bit wrong, I would argue that you have more friends on the forum from the Scandinavian countries than Russia?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Played games. Ate pizza. Took care of/coddled a sick cat (Mr. Grey, outside kitty, seems to have a bad cold or something :( ) Watched the Red Sox beat the Yankees after 11 innings. Now watching a bad movie.

All in all, a pleasant Sunday.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

;)

Yeah Shady that does seem a bit wrong, I would argue that you have more friends on the forum from the Scandinavian countries than Russia?

Finland is a Norrrrrdic country, not Scandinavian. You can tell it from our stunted legs as opposed to the vikings. Ask Oby.

Actually, all good propaganda is based on truth. I'm 5'11" and wear a "long" uniform jacket and "short" uniform trousers ;)

• Like 1

;)

Finland is a Norrrrrdic country, not Scandinavian. You can tell it from our stunted legs as opposed to the vikings. Ask Oby.

Actually, all good propaganda is based on truth. I'm 5'11" and wear a "long" uniform jacket and "short" uniform trousers ;)

Thanks for the geographical correction :)

I laughed at Oby's absurd assessment of Finns, what did he say "Finland is a small degradated periphery of Finno-Ugric world, historically they live in isolated small communes with too much inbreeding. As result their DNA are broken, genetic diseases  everywhere and womens have "specific" Finnish fat and short legged appearance."

I was expecting a major rebuttal from you but I suppose you thought " what's the point of trying to explain the facts to the truly ignorant"

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Actually, I'm terrified. It's my assumption (based on what I hear from my Russianf friends) that his views reflect the current official view of Finns in Russia. When a country of 143 000 000 inhabitants starts promulgating views like that of its neighbor of 5 400 000 people, I have the urge to prepare for the worst.

Or it's just that they've noticed that Finnish/Russian marriages are weighed like 10:1 towards Finnish husbands and Russian wives. Possible feelings of inadequacy? ;)

• Like 3

I think it's only sensible to remind you gentlemen that oby isn't even a woman, let alone Russian. It's been amusing to pretend otherwise, but don't start discussing 'her' views as if they are representative. The only thing they represent is someone with some sort of mild mental disorder.

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

I think it's only sensible to remind you gentlemen that oby isn't even a woman, let alone Russian. It's been amusing to pretend otherwise, but don't start discussing 'her' views as if they are representative. The only thing they represent is someone with some sort of mild mental disorder.

I think it's only fair to remind you that "he" is the male pronoun. ;)

I think it's only fair to remind you that "he" is the male pronoun. ;)

* I think you just made a mistake there, but I know you are smarter than me so I'm not going to say anything*

-Elwood Blues