What are you playing now?

The best part is camping a mile away from a base, then take out the patrols with your Dragunov SDV - as their comrades come to pick 'em up and carry them back, you detonate the IEDs you placed around the perimeter and watch the whole base burn to the ground as flames engulf everyone... Slowly smiling as your hear the distant screams for mercy.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

FC2 induced motion sickness while I was driving, so I never finished it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

My CoH2 digital CE is pre-loading right now for the retail release.

I've also just got cheap copy of bonkers but oddly addictive ARPG Sacred 2 (Gold Ed). The original Sacred was a hidden gem of an Eastern Euro Diablo-clone which I enjoyed loads.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Well, that's what I get for listening to online advice about how to defeat an end boss.  I was having a bit of trouble with the RE Revelations end boss on the hard difficulty, so I went online to check out some advice.  Use a machine gun, it said.  That's the key.  Don't use a rifle or magnum because they're too slow to fire.

So after failing multiple times with that, I decide to do things my own way.  Equipping my sniper rifle, I take on the end boss and finish him off with relatively no problem.  The only thing you need to be good at is quick scoping, where you raise the scope and target without much delay.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Trying to play Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition or Shadow Hearts 2.

Both are way too slow for my mood at the moment.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

http://www.getloadedgo.com/

Thanks Astiaks for this link as I think this is an excellent opportunity, anyway I will be buying Dishonored but want some input on my other game. Should I buy Hunted or Brink? I know they are totally different games but I just want views on either :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Having a really good time with Unepic.  There's absolutely nothing remarkable about the game.  It follows the standard metroidvania formula of explore > run into obstacle > explore > find item > backtrack > etc.  The combat is very simplistic.  The RPG system is certainly nothing special, though it's a bit meatier that what I expected from a budget hybrid game.  The humor, while it occasionally has its moments, is mostly eye roll inducing.  Yet it all works well together, for whatever reason.  The game doesn't try to reinvent the wheel, but it delivers a solid, enjoyable metroidvania experience with added RPG elements.  The game is already worth the 5 bills I plunked down for it, and I'm likely only 10-15% through it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished Call of Juarez: Gunslinger...awesome game. One of the best shooters in recent memory. Absolutely worth 15 bucks. It's also worth mentioning that the story gets better and better as you progress through the story mode and the finale was just awesome.

Thanks Astiaks for this link as I think this is an excellent opportunity, anyway I will be buying Dishonored but want some input on my other game. Should I buy Hunted or Brink? I know they are totally different games but I just want views on either :)

You're welcome. :)  I'd definitely go for Hunted because Brink is more like a multiplayer experience, no decent single player. Hunted on the other hand has loot, single player, co-op and two humorous characters.

Edited by Astiaks
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Finished Call of Juarez: Gunslinger...awesome game. One of the best shooters in recent memory. Absolutely worth 15 bucks. It's also worth mentioning that the story gets better and better as you progress through the story mode and the finale was just awesome.

You're welcome. :)  I'd definitely go for Hunted because Brink is more like a multiplayer experience, no decent single player. Hunted on the other hand has loot, single player, co-op and two humorous characters.

Thx, Hunted it is then :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I liked Hunted: The Demon's Forge.  replayed it a few months back.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Playing a bit of Raid mode in Resident Evil Revelations.  I really hate those werewolf/alligator looking B.O.W.s though.  Give me any of the other enemies any day over those things.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ha ha ha am playing a class called The Inquisitor in Sacred 2. He's called Fang. He carries a polearm and when he isn't chopping people up with it he sort of electrocutes them like the wrinkly dude from the later Star Wars films. He dresses like Vincent Price in drag and is evil in a **** Dastardly way (the plot for the 'Darker Path' is set up like that). It looks like a sort of prettier Diablo 2 and is a great little game (actually with the expansion it is a great *big* game the world map is huge) and I get to ride a crazy steed and stuff.

Recommended.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Some of the character quotes in that game are priceless as well. "And all that without using Linux" being a great one form the Temple Guardian. Though the best must be the seraphim pondering about deleting her inventory if you are afk for too long..

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I really need to get around to trying Sacred2 someday. I liked the original Sacred for about 4 days but then stopped. Something about the perspective/combat mechanics felt really awkward at the time, tho I did like the humor/other aspects of the game. But #2 seemed like it might be an improvement in that regard.

Having a Seraphim with a saber toothed tiger riding mount might be purrrrfectly awesome too. :p

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sacred 2 changed quite a few things from the original game. And while I loved the original, I found myself suprisingly fine with all the changes. The story is pretty forgetable, but that is also partly because the game world is so vast, you forget there is a story at all.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Having a Seraphim with a saber toothed tiger riding mount might be purrrrfectly awesome too. :p

:lol:

funny

John Milton 

Sacred 1 had much more interesting classes, like Vampiress and Demoness. And rather than a straight Diablo clone it was more akin to Divine Divinity.

Sacred 1 had loads of good ideas and hardly any of them worked. With Sacred 2 they tried to fix that and create a game that had options that were meaningfull and weren't just there to give the impression of choice and a chance for players to waste skill points.

I can't remember the level of my Vampiress... hundretsomething I think. The theoretically big thing of changing shape based on daytime was made mood though, since she had such a high life drain on each hit, that she could stay in her vampire form, even during the day without any side-effect, as long as there were enemies to fight. Probably the only character to whom not fighting was potentially the deadliest thing in the game.

Sacred 2 was far from a Diablo clone. No more than Sacred 1 anyway. What it was, was an attempt to take the ideas of the original Sacred and remould them into something that works.

Sacred 1 had some hilarious exploits though.  For example, they neglected to put in a crossbow firing animation for the Daemon when flying using Soaring Daemon so the game reverted to the unarmed attack animation.  This made it look like you were magically firing bolts out of your hip.  The side-effect, and exploit, is that unarmed attacks are MUCH faster than firing a crossbow, so while in flight you could fire crossbow bolts at insane rates of fire, almost a machine gun.  The Daemon was never meant to be an archer, she was meant to be a melee/caster hybrid, but with this exploit the Daemon became arguably the best archer in the game because of the insane rate of fire.  Somehow the quirks and exploits made Sacred 1 charming.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And the goblins were priceless with their battlecry of "Schnell, hackt ihm den Kopf ab, ich brauch einen neuen Aschenbecher!" which translates to "Quick, cut off his head, I need a new ashtray!" (goblins would speak german even in the english version)