RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

New screenshots and information on The Shadow Sun, release coming soon

http://www.ossianstudios.com/tss

It's such a shame they weren't allowed to make more NWN2 campaigns. I really enjoyed Westgate, they did a great job of making the world take note of where you invested skill points and all the compaions had backstories that interwove with each other and the main plot.

This fact alone should make Ossian's first IP worthy of closer inspection.

It certainly should, I just have a soft spot for D&D and the NWN2 engine. I also don't have or want an iphone so it looks like I'll have to pass.

Flash news. Only low tier cheap actors do commercials, especially the ones where you don't see the actor's face.

http://www.parade.com/celebrity/slideshows/editors-pick/most-huggable-animated-characters.html#?slideindex=0

Try harder.

Oh please.

Flash news. Only low tier cheap actors do commercials, especially the ones where you don't see the actor's face.

Like Morgan Freeman

Yeah yeah blah blah blah. They made him an offer, he said no, they asked him to give them a price, he said some outrageous number just to be left alone, but they said yes, he was surprised and accepted, and now let's make it look like it's a general rule.... Whatever.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I'm surprised to see them drop Hayter, but anyone thinking that Sutherland is a nothing, low-tier actor, is incorrect.

As for "voice acting" credits, he was pretty much just a voice actor in Phone Booth as well.

He has a recognizable voice and it fits the type of person that Snake is quite well.  It's just, so did Hayter.  I wonder if Hayter had gotten too expensive through some sort of "only I can be Snake" type of demands.

http://www.parade.com/celebrity/slideshows/editors-pick/most-huggable-animated-characters.html#?slideindex=0

Try harder.

Oh please.

Can you please explain what you were proving with this link?  He seems pretty successful to me, that's a pretty long page of awards and accolades.  

as far as I can remember C&C in W2 was only a facade, it determined where you'd go in the second act (and was implemented badly in my opinion).

The C&C only let you determine the outcome and big portions of almost every single quest in the game from prologue to Act 3, on top of changing Act 2 entirely, but sure, yeah, "facade", let's go with that

Edited by Nordicus

as far as I can remember C&C in W2 was only a facade, it determined where you'd go in the second act (and was implemented badly in my opinion).

The C&C only let you determine the outcome and big portions of almost every single quest in the game from prologue to Act 3, on top of changing Act 2 entirely, but sure, yeah, "facade", let's go with that

W1 and W2 are some of the best RPG ever created, our Americans friends are just being overly critical because the games weren't developed  in the USA :biggrin:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Pretty sure he's not american. Can't say I agree with him, but not paying much attention to a game you don't like is fair enough.

Though I have seen people seriously and repeatedly argue that TW2 had no meaningful C&C. I think the whole thing hinged upon you ending up at the same place in the end no matter what choices were made.

Edited by Zoraptor

Eh, I actually foud the Quest C&C rather unimpressive. And I'm not a fan of big branches too. That said, it certainly had good C&C. But, I still prefer Witcher 1's C&C over it.

As far as RPG's go, I wouldn't call the Witcher games too impressive compared to other titles. I do think they are excellent games though and excel at some elements.

Pretty sure he's not american.

Please don't point out the logical flaw in my post, you bad boy :p

If anyone doesn't like The Witcher its because they are American, everyone knows this and it has been scientifically proven through comprehensive polls  on the Internet?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

actually, I'm very close to Poland :p still didn't like The Witcher, TW2 was better, but it's not on my list of true RPGs. it's an action-RPG no matter how you spin it, and since I don't remember C&C in "almost every single quest", either your perception is altered due to bias, or my memory is getting bad 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

actually, I'm very close to Poland :p still didn't like The Witcher, TW2 was better, but it's not on my list of true RPGs. it's an action-RPG no matter how you spin it, and since I don't remember C&C in "almost every single quest", either your perception is altered due to bias, or my memory is getting bad 

Holy Smoke and you live close to Poland !!! That should be considered RPG treason !!

:biggrin:

I hear what you are saying, I am probably bias as I loved the Witcher series :)

John Milton 

oops, that bias part was directed at Nordicus  :disguise:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/11m21k/starcraft_2_will_be_dead_before_legacy_of_the/

Interesting rant about SCII. I don't know enough to offer an opinion but I can understand what he's saying.

The game is so cutthroat that it actually drives away people who want to play it.

And I'm not even going to go into the whole "selling expansions as full games" thing. I was going to buy HotS to play a little MP but when I saw that I needed WoL I told them to piss off. What am I supposed to do, dump a 100 euros altogether for the privilege of playing SCII MP? 

They're mad, mad, mad.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/11m21k/starcraft_2_will_be_dead_before_legacy_of_the/

Interesting rant about SCII. I don't know enough to offer an opinion but I can understand what he's saying.

The game is so cutthroat that it actually drives away people who want to play it.

And I'm not even going to go into the whole "selling expansions as full games" thing. I was going to buy HotS to play a little MP but when I saw that I needed WoL I told them to piss off. What am I supposed to do, dump a 100 euros altogether for the privilege of playing SCII MP? 

They're mad, mad, mad.

That rant is from before HotS launched.

Most people would agree that no apocalypse happened in the world of SC2 and interest level has been pretty steady since expansion was released.

They're mad, mad, mad.

Most people would agree that no apocalypse happened in the world of SC2 and interest level has been pretty steady since expansion was released.

What?

. I can speak from personal experience here, and from watching others play, that most of the HotS excitement died off in about one week.

But that's not the point anyway. Its about SCII as a whole being a poor user experience for casual players, for custom maps, for socializing etc

I can attest to the fact that playing ladder games  is like playing against the AI. Everyone is under pressure to perform so no one talks. You can't relax or fool around. If you play a succession of games like that, it feels like you're in outer space with only the pc to keep you company.

The rant has 2500 positive comments so it can't all be bull.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

You don't need to buy anything at all to play it multiplayer now, so there's that at least. No idea if it's too little too late or no, but it's a nice move in principle.

What do you mean you don't need to buy anything?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

They're mad, mad, mad.

What?

. I can speak from personal experience here, and from watching others play, that most of the HotS excitement died off [/size]

in about one week.[/size]

Beta streams.

They were popular for a week and then shake-ups began.

Naturally people lost interest in something that was getting reworked every week.

But that's not the point anyway. Its about SCII as a whole being a poor user experience for casual players, for custom maps, for socializing etc

The rant has 2500 positive comments so it can't all be bull.

It isn't but keep in mind that author had a massive fan following that he called on to push his point.

Combine that with huge amount of people who agree only that Blizzard sucks and you had a massive war in SC2 community.

Return of spawn copies. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/10145834

Not bad, although its not clear from this video how long these "groups" last. I presume your friend must be logged in at the same time every time you want to play the "upgraded" version, and every game played has to be with him/her? 

Return of spawn copies. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/10145834

Not bad, although its not clear from this video how long these "groups" last. I presume your friend must be logged in at the same time every time you want to play the "upgraded" version, and every game played has to be with him/her? 

Drowsy its easier just to buy the game, trust me :)

John Milton 

I'm not familiar with the game so I don't know what "joining a party" means in context of an RTS. I assume it's just basically just anyone you're playing a game with or against, as opposed to a formal "friend".

EDIT:

You can invite other players to join your party, or you can ask to be invited to theirs. Parties are player groups that persist from game to game; instead of everyone going their separate ways after a match, parties keep playing together. All you need to invite someone to your party is their character name and identifier; they don’t have to be on your friends list.
Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Yeah, you have to play with them. Not bad buts its not exactly as I remember spawing... although my memory is fuzzy.

Not that it truly mattered in the years of LAN parties.

Yeah, it's not the spawning of old, but it's in some ways better. A couple that I remember: Total Annihilation's spawn system was to install a 'light' version of the game, separately from the main installation (both could be installed side-by-side I think). Age of Empires 2 required the CD to start, but allowed you to remove the CD after that to start it on other machines. In both cases I believe it checked the total number of CDs when starting a game - one CD for each three players I think.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G