What you did today

Rosbjerg

Up betimes, after a fantastic night's sleep. Coffee and cold chicken. I plan to do some sunbathing in the garden, then this afternoon we have a huge session of tabletop RPG planned. My lads have just been arrested, and I have to finish mapping the jail they're in before we start.

EDIT: "Their" instead of "they're"? What the blistering knee-demons is wrong with my brain?

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh the joys of a well-executed jail break. As diverted into slap-stick comedy by a cunning GM.... :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Today weight training felt kind of dull so I tried something new, I don't know the correct English term for this kind of exercise, its all about decreasing weight during each set and totally exhausting the muscle, the pump I got was unbelievable.

Tried it with the french press exercise (triceps curls), first I made my usual 12 reps with 92 lbs (42kg), but instead of making a break I put the barbell down, quickly decreased the weight by 10lbs (5kg), and  did another 10 reps, again decreased weight by 10lbs and did 8 reps followed by a 5 minute break.

My triceps got so huge my arms almost looked like of some sort of comic action figure, I did not know that this was possible without roids or supplements. 
Highly recommendable!

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Good luck, Calax!

...I'm sitting on the couch, alternating between watching TV and having staring contests with a certain black cat.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Good luck, Cal. You let us know soon as you do.

~

I have to get this off my chest because otherwise I won't be able to concentrate all day. You recall I've been corresponding with my exes and helping each other talk through tough stuff? I just found out that one of them only got onto heroin because the subhuman f*** she was seeing spiked her drinks with methadone. I mean _what_? She was this educated caring smart girl, who was just reaching out and he... I just don't have the words. I'm feeling like Rorschach.

I do feel better for venting. Thanks.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Good Luck Calax!

Been busy the last few days. I started clearing an area for solar panels next to my house. I've got a full acre garden going and I've finally caught up with my design work. Tomorrow I'm going to finally finish that barn I started building a year ago and this weekend I'm installing the solar panels. Next week I'm having a generator installed with a 500 gal fuel tank (propane). I'm not doing that one myself though. Busy busy

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Good Luck Calax!

Been busy the last few days. I started clearing an area for solar panels next to my house. I've got a full acre garden going and I've finally caught up with my design work. Tomorrow I'm going to finally finish that barn I started building a year ago and this weekend I'm installing the solar panels. Next week I'm having a generator installed with a 500 gal fuel tank (propane). I'm not doing that one myself though. Busy busy

Don't explode.

Pro tip.

-Elwood Blues

Interview with the bank tomorrow.

Don't screw up.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The worst job interview I've ever had in my life, was for the job I have now. I will never forget this:

(Now) Retired HR Manager: "What is the last thing you learned?"

Me: * blank stare

(15 or so seconds later)

Me: "I can't honestly remember."

I assumed I got hired because they thought I wasn't going to be a threat. :lol:

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I have to get this off my chest because otherwise I won't be able to concentrate all day. You recall I've been corresponding with my exes and helping each other talk through tough stuff? I just found out that one of them only got onto heroin because the subhuman f*** she was seeing spiked her drinks with methadone. I mean _what_? She was this educated caring smart girl, who was just reaching out and he... I just don't have the words. I'm feeling like Rorschach.

No offence Wals but that story sounds fishy from her side. Although Ive never partaken in methadone or heroin I would imagine that drinking said drink would get you wildly hammered, thus prompting one to ask themselves why they got so wasted on a drink that produces a completely different "high" from normal alcohol. And then she kept drinking them until she got addicted and moved on to heroin?

Condolences that someone you care for is addicted to hard core drugs. If true, that dude is a special kind of scumbag.

Good luck Calax.

I helped train a new employee. yay me!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well tis sunny and after a chunk of dealing with various and sundry "admin" like tasks for the day, and just putting another batch of laundry out on the line under that bright sunshine.. I'm going ot call it quits for the day and sit back with a deep glass of mixed fruit juice and figure out some totally pointless but generally fun thing to do with my time. Possibly involving computer generated explosions.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

No offence Wals but that story sounds fishy from her side. Although Ive never partaken in methadone or heroin I would imagine that drinking said drink would get you wildly hammered, thus prompting one to ask themselves why they got so wasted on a drink that produces a completely different "high" from normal alcohol. And then she kept drinking them until she got addicted and moved on to heroin?

Condolences that someone you care for is addicted to hard core drugs. If true, that dude is a special kind of scumbag.

I 'know' you better than to take offence, mate. I'm touched you'd consider it enough to be suspicious.

According to wikipedia methadone can be taken orally, so I guess spiking a drink should be possible. This is a guy she was living with while she herself was struggling with self-harming so I guess she trusted him and wasn't seeing things clearly.

But I totally take your point, some people can be nice people but lie, even about something like this.

She's been off methadone and heroin for some years now, and she's getting support from HM Govt. in the form of housing and so forth. But she could have done so much in her life that she never can now. At least that's how it feels. I'm trying to talk her into having the confidence to write - she's a very refreshing writer. No tired cliches. :)

-Elwood Blues

Insomnia again the past few days. Haven't been od'ing on caffeine or marathon gaming or anything like that. Sometimes the body says "sleep" but the mind says "no." So then you're awake but too mentally tired-wired to do anything productive ... or even make your breakfast without doing it wrong. :p It does make some of the spousal conversations pretty amusing, tho. 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Interview done. I may have flubbed a question ("How did you perform customer recovery", I ended up using an old generalized gamestop anecdote... rather than the one I did last week) but overall I think it went pretty well. Should know by the end of the week "what the next step will be".

Do think I became more attractive because I specifically mentioned sticking with the company long term.... but it's hard to gauge the person over the phone.

Also: One of my cousins projects is going to the Cannes Film Festival.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I found out my parents are moving, which surprisingly made me feel great.  It means I can go back to my hometown (well, where I went to High School) without worrying about seeing them.  Considering they lived by the beach, this is a pretty big deal.  Plus I can comfortably visit old friends.  I don't really even know where they are moving to, which is cool as well.

I signed a contract for some significant home renovations. 

We've got a 1930s-vintage house in an inner-ring DC suburb, which has a tiny little galley kitchen.  It also has a 9'x14' (roughly 3M by 4.5M) "sun room" off the back of the house that currently lacks functional heat or AC.  The plan is to knock the sun room walls and roof off, re-build it from the slab up as a kitchen, and use the existing kitchen as a butler's pantry and wet bar.  It's... not going to be cheap, but we've got the savings to manage it out-of-pocket, and it'll transform a rather useless space into a place where we'll spend a lot of time.  I do 95% of the cooking around here, but it'll still be nice to be able to fit more than one person into the kitchen without bumping elbows. 

Good luck, Cal. You let us know soon as you do.

~

Like the gifted one mentioned earlier, that does awfully sound like BS. Addiction is tragic in of itself, but it does sound like the typical stuff a junkie will make up to excuse him or herself. It also sounds like we have an exceptional case of a girl digging the bad boys and using you as the so-called emotional tampon. I won't tell you to "man up" or any other bs like that, for some girls even that can be worth it. I know 2. :p

I had a hearing at the appeal's court yesterday, the thing's a ****ing mess with all sorts of odd facebook confessions.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ate some take-out, watched a bit of TV with the spouse, managed to force myself to nap about 2.5 hours, woke up, am wide awake again. At midnight. Sigh.

Like the gifted one mentioned earlier, that does awfully sound like BS. Addiction is tragic in of itself, but it does sound like the typical stuff a junkie will make up to excuse him or herself. It also sounds like we have an exceptional case of a girl digging the bad boys and using you as the so-called emotional tampon. I won't tell you to "man up" or any other bs like that, for some girls even that can be worth it. I know 2. :p

I had a hearing at the appeal's court yesterday, the thing's a ****ing mess with all sorts of odd facebook confessions.

I'm not dating the woman! Nor do I plan to!

Like I said, it's really about seeing someone in trouble and enjoying helping them. You never made a pretty girl smile just for the hell of it? ;)

-Elwood Blues