What you did today

Gorth

Start of old thread
End of old thread

In an unsubtle move supporting blatant consumerism, we toss out the old thread and aquire a new one...

Will Guard Dog finally run up a deficit on his budget? Will LadyCrimson go into cryostasis? Questions to be answered in a new thread.

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's amazing how what should be simple home repair jobs turn into hours of back and forth.

Fixing a broken diaphragm on a toilet flush and it ends up rolling into a whole bunch of things, finding eroding rubber seals, back and forth to get parts, find the right tools, ..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

:lol:  Answer to the second question is..... nah. I may have had to whip out the old credit card once in awhile but I'm never long in paying them off. I hate paying interest! I like getting it but hate paying it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Its evaluation time for my employees. Always fun.  Also some other personnel issues to attend to.  Blah.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It's more a state of never-ending somnolence. :lol: End of winter blahs most likely.

:lol:  Answer to the second question is..... nah. I may have had to whip out the old credit card once in awhile but I'm never long in paying them off. I hate paying interest! I like getting it but hate paying it.

I remember some friends of ours who's were complaining that they needed a new dishwasher but were tight on immediate funds. They had a credit card but never used it ... in the convo it came out they thought the 20% was a monthly thing rather than annual. When I explained it and said "just make sure you can pay it off in 1-3 months and it's not so bad" they went "ohhhhhhh"...and ran out and bought that dishwasher the same day. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Between assorted wakeups in the night and something setting the dogs barking early in the morning.. I think I got about 3 or 4 hours of sleep.

I'm not sure if I'm actually awake now.

Finally forced myself to start a deviantART page.

Now hoping it will force me to draw more.

Drawing is like training for a marathon, you should start by building resistance and drawing a little more each day. Doesn't matter what, but eventually you will get a lot of practice, you will be able to get through the basic steps faster and draw for longer periods of time.

If you having trouble getting yourself on the right mindset because there are other things you want to do then remove those temptations and give yourself no other choice but to draw.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

*cleanscrubcleandustcleanwashcleansweepmopcleandustclean*

*looks out the sunfilled window*
*sigh*

...I spend way too many hours on this. :lol:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finally forced myself to start a deviantART page.

Now hoping it will force me to draw more.

Drawing is like training for a marathon, you should start by building resistance and drawing a little more each day. Doesn't matter what, but eventually you will get a lot of practice, you will be able to get through the basic steps faster and draw for longer periods of time.

If you having trouble getting yourself on the right mindset because there are other things you want to do then remove those temptations and give yourself no other choice but to draw.

Thanks for the advice. I'm an architect - drawing is part of the job description (especially as when I was a student, we didn't have fancy ArchiCads and stuff. We still learned to draw by hand ;) ).

But I have been slacking, so I am going through the various motions of forcing myself to ge back in the game.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

*looks out the sunfilled window*

*sigh*

...I spend way too many hours on this. :lol:

Yeah, me too. Though I'm lazy and kinda drag myself through it. Should have done that today though...hmm

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yesterday was the second time I proposed to someone. He said no.

First time was when a woman showed me she could put her ankles behind her head. So naturally I went on my knees and proposed to her. She said no.

This time... Well, there was nothing gay about it. There I was sitting on his lap and this thought popped in my head about couples and tax benefits they get. I think my line was: "Love may fade, but taxes are for forever."

I was drunk both times, but I regret nothing.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Packing up today, hitting the road for a little while. I have a job in Tulsa and two in OKC and one in Stillwater. Then when I get back next week I'm meeting with our new customer/client (not sure which word is correct) the Dyer County TN School Board.

Busy, busy ,busy

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Learned that saying "Told you to not get married" isn't the most tactful thing to say to someone going through a divorce, but couldn't stand any more whining from my cousin. :p

Almost beat this cold, too, so that's good.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Saw the statistic that 1 in 5 divorces in North America this last year occured because of facebook or some similar social networking medium. At least, the initial grounds for divorce were based on things put on facebook or said social networking....

I just got back from my Vegas Hockey Tournament.  We lost in the championship game 3-2, which was a major bummer.  Still, the trip was fantastic and we ate at some great places.  I did get a 2nd place trophy, but it looks pretty weak next to my 1st place one from last year. 

Long night of not-sleep, then when I was finally managing to get into that slumber time.. the birds outside my window pretty much seemed to decide then was a good point to be screaming at each other rather then just chirping....

I guess I could say my body seems to be running on mexico time already, so when I fly out maybe I won't have to deal with jet lag.... >_<

It was interesting to note that the ST:OS animated series had a holodeck long before ST:TNG. I'd almost forgotten that.

And today, it's a bunch of dull errands, then later, I really need to clean out/organize all my "mules" in Borderlands 2. I did ok for a while at keeping that sort of thing to a low level (well, low for me at least), and 10-12 of them was manageable, but somewhere it ballooned to over 20 of them now. It's becoming seriously unwieldy. :biggrin:

Busy, busy ,busy

A dozen times over, 'tis better to be busy than not.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

A dozen times over, 'tis better to be busy than not.

It's even better to be asleep.
  • Like 2

We have had a nother 20cm of snow so I thought I would build a winter roost for the Big Green & call it a glacier!

"Welcome to the Winter Glacier Roost! Just remember to keep the fire-breathing in check. It tends to ruin the ice sculptures. "

• Like 1

FNG recognized my cell ring tone was from MW2, so I guess he's not all that bad.

I've concluded one reason I can be a master procrastinator about doing anything that requires leaving the house or more than a trip to get milk  is that I don't like clothes. Or shoes. And thus I think the world needs to get past the notion that one has to have a certain amount of clothing or a certain standard of non-slovenly appearance in order to be socially (or even legally) acceptable. :p