Bioware does Warhammer 40K

Do not Jinx it :D

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

http://www.beastsofwar.com/warhammer-40k/bioware-saved-warhammer-40000-space-marine/

I think we can consider this confirmed. 

The site Bit by Bit Gaming has reported that a reliable source within Bioware revealed they are now the owners of the Space Marine and Dark Millennium IP. 

THQ/Reric were recently bought out by EA who also owns Bioware. Bioware seems like a good fit for these titles. Now sure why they didn't confirm that DoW moved to BW too. Perhaps they have already announced that I have no clue. Dark Millennium was a canceled MMO by 'Vigil Games' who was owned by THQ. 

Doesn't sound hopeful for a BF style WH40k game. I think that would be best. Port most of the TT rules over and let people spawn as more powerful stuff as they accomplish objectives. That or a RTS that more closely follows TT, that would be my two preferences. Space Marine was a pretty hollow shooter with a gear grind IMO. By the time I bought the sale price version their was DLC that was $40 for me to play all the maps! What a joke. Sorry but good riddance THQ. You kept grabbing at our wallet. We said no... you didn't listen...

Edited by DeathCard

Bioware are of course the folks behind Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Star Wars: The Old Republic. So they know their dark fantasy and Sci-Fi.

Ha ha ha, oh wow. Telling people about three recent epic fails is a way to go

Edited by Cultist
  • Like 2

MzpydUh.gif

Bioware are of course the folks behind Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Star Wars: The Old Republic. So they know ****-all about dark fantasy and Sci-Fi.

Thought I'd fix that.

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

Bioware are of course the folks behind Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Star Wars: The Old Republic. So they know their dark fantasy and Sci-Fi.

Ha ha ha, oh wow. Telling people about three recent epic fails is a way to go

I wouldn't call all those epic fails.  I thoroughly enjoyed the Mass Effect trilogy, right up until the last 10 or 15% of ME3 (i.e. the slog through Earth and the 3 different color explosions endings).  I thought Dragon Age: Origins was fairly good, DA2 on the other hand, yeah epic fail.  No comment on SWToR, haven't played it.

On a somewhat loosely related note, where's mah damn Jade Empire 2, Bioware!?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

In the grim darkness of the near future you too will believe that a superhuman space marine can squee.

Got nothing against Bioware, but they really can't do grimdark. They should stick to adolescent romances, binary moralities, playing dress up with avatars, blatant protagonist power fantasies, the hamfisted cutesy and snarky dialogue and their illogical plotlines. Like we get in the enjoyable Mass Effects, Dragon Ages and has always been in Star Wars. Silly, safe fun, with no real meaning or depth. Oh and the obligatory pandering to the LFHPRCIM community, in case of a bad reception in which case they can blame homophobes.

40k has allready got Matt Ward desperately trying to destroy it, it doesn't really need Bioware trying to do that as well.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I wasn't aware that somebody actually wanted Jade Empire 2. The game did some things right but the gameplay itself was utter ****. Strictly speaking one had to pay more attention in JE than in KOTOR, a game I think a 10 line script could play as well as any human player - but it got a free pass because of the license.

Seriously, I never want to see BW make games with as ****ty gameplay as KOTOR and JE had. In ME you at least had to aim, and juggle the companions from time to time.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I wasn't aware that somebody actually wanted Jade Empire 2. The game did some things right but the gameplay itself was utter ****. Strictly speaking one had to pay more attention in JE than in KOTOR, a game I think a 10 line script could play as well as any human player - but it got a free pass because of the license.

Seriously, I never want to see BW make games with as ****ty gameplay as KOTOR and JE had. In ME you at least had to aim, and juggle the companions from time to time.

The gameplay wasn't great, I probably didn't dislike it as much as you did, but I agree it could have been much better, but I enjoyed the setting and just the idea behind it.  Why on Earth have there not been more martial arts aRPGs?  If there's one type of fighting that just screams to be made into an aRPG it's martial arts.  Part of the reason I loved Sleeping Dogs so much, is that it gave me a chance to play a martial artist.  It doesn't have to be BioWare, and it doesn't have to be Jade Empire 2, I just want more martial arts aRPGs.  I'm so sick of pseudo medieval europe fantasy settings.  If sick of ****ing elves and ****ing dwarves and ****ing halfling, but not orcs, because orcs will always be cool.  I want games in other settings.  Sci-fi space opera hasn't been totally played out...  yet, but it's getting there.  Cyberpunk hasn't been totally played out...  yet, but it will get there in the near future.  Steampunk is nowhere near played out...  yet.  Standard fantasy is ridiculously played out.  Alpha Protocol was awesome partly because it was modern real world espionage.  We need more games like that.  Modern espionage.  Far east martial arts, whether legendary or modern.  Native American centric whether legendary or modern.  Anything but more standard pseudo medieval europe fantasy.

Note:  Sorry for rant and for derailing the thread. :blush:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oh I agree, the vast choice of possible settings is incredible compared to what's actually used.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The gameplay wasn't great, I probably didn't dislike it as much as you did, but I agree it could have been much better, but I enjoyed the setting and just the idea behind it.  Why on Earth have there not been more martial arts aRPGs?  If there's one type of fighting that just screams to be made into an aRPG it's martial arts.  Part of the reason I loved Sleeping Dogs so much, is that it gave me a chance to play a martial artist.  It doesn't have to be BioWare, and it doesn't have to be Jade Empire 2, I just want more martial arts aRPGs.  I'm so sick of pseudo medieval europe fantasy settings.  If sick of ****ing elves and ****ing dwarves and ****ing halfling, but not orcs, because orcs will always be cool.  I want games in other settings.  Sci-fi space opera hasn't been totally played out...  yet, but it's getting there.  Cyberpunk hasn't been totally played out...  yet, but it will get there in the near future.  Steampunk is nowhere near played out...  yet.  Standard fantasy is ridiculously played out.  Alpha Protocol was awesome partly because it was modern real world espionage.  We need more games like that.  Modern espionage.  Far east martial arts, whether legendary or modern.  Native American centric whether legendary or modern.  Anything but more standard pseudo medieval europe fantasy.

Most roleplayers are kit-hounds. They want weapons and armour the way 30 year old women want dresses and shoes. Martial arts can never give them that. *shrugs and makes 'sorry' face*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Most roleplayers are kit-hounds. They want weapons and armour the way 30 year old women want dresses and shoes. Martial arts can never give them that. *shrugs and makes 'sorry' face*

You can still have cool weapons with matrial arts:  swords, naginatas, staves, that rope thing with a hook on the end, that triple giant nunchuck thing, etc.  Armor, likely not as much, but you can maybe get different gis or outfits that have mystical properties and allow you to channel your chi better or whatever.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I see what you mean. Maybe go a bit PS:T? body inking, etc?

Oooh, maybe different social interactions give you bonuses, like making a little girl cry? No, hang on, I'm thinking of Milkman Dan.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh I agree, the vast choice of possible settings is incredible compared to what's actually used.

I think it's the reason why I am so looking forward to Numenera and far less to Project Eternity. Numenera sounds a bit fresher.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Who is the Milkman?

As if by meaty magic:

index-1.gif

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Bioware being Bioware, if they do 40K, you KNOW how the party is going to end up lookign right?

They want United Colors of Benneton parties with "unique" characters.

In your party you are going to have a Black Templar, a Eldar Farsser, a Tau, a Slaneeshi Deamonette, a Grey Knight, a Dark Eldar, a Thousand Sons Chaos Marine and a Space Wolf marine....probably a vindicare assasin and a Necron too.

Maybe a forbidden love affair between a Primaris Psyker and a Clulexx assasin?

• Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Bioware being Bioware, if they do 40K, you KNOW how the party is going to end up lookign right?

They want United Colors of Benneton parties with "unique" characters.

In your party you are going to have a Black Templar, a Eldar Farsser, a Tau, a Slaneeshi Deamonette, a Grey Knight, a Dark Eldar, a Thousand Sons Chaos Marine and a Space Wolf marine....probably a vindicare assasin and a Necron too.

Maybe a forbidden love affair between a Primaris Psyker and a Clulexx assasin?

Too true to be funny. :(

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

So laugh ironicly. Or sarcasticly.

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/3/2055/Love_is_a_battlefield...jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2008/181/5/b/DRW40k_15_by_DaRealWurld40k.jpg

Just laugh. It's better than crying.

Edited by TrashMan
  • Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!