Bioware does Warhammer 40K

[bioware Fan] Is that pink teddy marine a potential LI? [/bioware Fan]

[biodrone] Will the multiplayer romance be PVP or Co-op?[/biodrone]

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Actually, I would rather see Obsidian do such a game some day (a secret, wet dream of mine). It would be just the thing for Chris Avellone to really let go of himself, no holds barred. Every sick and twisted thing he ever wanted to do to a character, every dream he ever wanted to crush, every despair he ever wanted to inflict, every depravity etc. would be fair game and completely natural in such a setting.

I swear I saw this exact quote somewhere else...

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

i think bioware is going to be too busy making star wars and mass effect games

Bioware Montreal is making ME4. Bioware Canada as of right now is focusing on DA3, although they're probably working on moar stuff. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

And ye, with each step that the mighty ursine Astartes take, they mutter the name of their monolithic Primarch. He who sprang forth from the planet Nutwood, to join his immortal father among the stars, and lead the crusade against the very stuff of nightmares. Mighty Christopher Robin.

May my stitching not be unwound by the hand of Tzeentch, my stuffing not rot from Nurgles plagues, my fur turn aside the fury of Khornes rage, and my button eyes remain blind to the temptations of Slaanesh. In the Emperors name, no evil shall escape the snuggling of our bolters.

Better than Matt Ward.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You know, I like warhammer 40K as much as the next guy but the setting is really beyond stupid.

Its basically a way for westerners to enjoy role playing genocidal nazis without guilt.

The only thing it has that's really good is the appealing quasi baroque aesthetic and the undercurrent of humor that lets you know it's not taking itself quite so seriously.

Without it, in the grimdark future - there is only melodrama. And yes Mass Effect, I'm looking at you. 

Really?

We're going on a natzi comparison? Guilt? As if fans/readers should ever feel that stupid, fake, imposed guilt over that. Oh, how you make me laugh...

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Better effort this time Cultist (although I don't know if you made that).

Though I don't think that "[Kiss Titus]" is appropriate in that slot.  I'd go... "We fight or we die!"

They ran out of spots! That's what we've been trying to tell you folks at about the limitations of the dialogue wheel. Even we can't make our parodies technically accurate with that thing! :lol:

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

@Cultist - I choose renegade, let the orks come!  In the end, it should have exactly zero bearing a major impact on which of the 3 different color background completely different Abaddon the Despoiler cutscenes I get at the end.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Eeho8BM.jpg

I think they used the wrong "come"...

Not very renegade of a Space Marine to say 'Let the Orks come', really.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not very renegade of a Space Marine to say 'Let the Orks come', really.

In a Bioware game, they are going to be having sex with the Orcs, so a different spelling of "come" works.

Instead of paragon and renegade, they'll likely go with pure and corrupted.  Maybe the red option should be "Khorne demands their blood"?

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, renegade would work with an Ultramarine - just have them do something outside of the Codex. Avoiding Chaos corruption while going through this hypothetical game is necessary.

An example of an ork conversation wheel:

We's gonna stomp dem 'umies proppa, boss.

We need more dakka.

WAAAGH!

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

An example of an ork conversation wheel:

We's gonna stomp dem 'umies proppa, boss.

We need more dakka.

WAAAGH!

That actually sounds pertty awesome XD

Well, part of the reason why I prefer Dawn of War 2: Retribution to either the base DoW2 or Chaos Rising, despite the fact that Chaos Rising clearly has the best story and campaign, is because you can play the campaign as orks (or whatever race), and the banter that goes on between the orks is amazingly hilarious.  It's a million times better than the heroic for the emperor stuff you get to listen to when playing Space Marines.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I........... Don't know what to make of this.

The certainty of Eldar/space marine coupling is horrifying, yet I cannot deny I would be all over any 40k rpg. 

I thought Space Marines were castrated either chemically or literally when they're turned into super men? They're also given powerful acid glands so no kissing either.