The Kickstarter Thread

Gorth

Woot!  Shantae: Half-Genie Hero has met its funding goal.  Now onward to stretch goals.

:biggrin:

At the very least I want the the next two stretchgoals.

I doubt it can reach 900k, which makes me sad, because I want Hero Mode so bad.  Playing through the game as Rotty Tops would be awesome.

700k is all I wanted.

Edit: I'm happy to report that Uwe Boll's Postal 2 movie has gotten less than 15% of its $500k goal halfway through the campaign.

Edited by AGX-17

Woot!  Shantae: Half-Genie Hero has met its funding goal.  Now onward to stretch goals.

I doubt it can reach 900k, which makes me sad, because I want Hero Mode so bad.  Playing through the game as Rotty Tops would be awesome.

700k is all I wanted.

700k is feasible.  I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll reach that figure.  Playing the game while wearing a Patty Wagon outfit would be great.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

700k is all I wanted.

Edit: I'm happy to report that Uwe Boll's Postal 2 movie has gotten less than 15% of its $500k goal halfway through the campaign.

I'm surprised it got that far. He's an asshat. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I always feel bad when a project doesn't make it. Not so much for Uwe in this case, even though I do a little bit, but for the cast and crew

Free games updated 3/4/21

My big fear for the Uwe Boll project is he'll get some "angel donors" *coughhimselfcough* to make up the gap so he can take the money from all the people who just kicked in to mock him. Nothing's worse then realizing that you accidentally paid Uwe Boll to make another movie.

Honestly though, with what he's promising, how he's acting, and what he's saying... I'm surprised he's not trying a film adaptation of Daikatana. At least then we could be certain it was a bad joke.

Edited by TSBasilisk

How can he even consider making Postal 2, since Gary Coleman has been dead for a few years now? What's next; Night Trap?

For shame!

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

James Pond 2 was really good in the early 90's, also DecapAttack (come on Sega, think about it). I haven't seen the game at all in about 20 years until now, it's hard to say whether I'd even like it now. I'm not that attached to the series, haven't heard many people mention it ever (it's not exactly Mega Man), and the article says that the game I played, James Pond 2, is being remade separately for release in 2014. I don't think the KickStarter campaign is good at all, looks very lazy, very few game details, no concept art or much discussion about design, it's also based in the UK (for some reason Americans won't back). If they went PC and Ouya exclusive for 6 months Ouya would match a £50,000 goal, which is way more attainable. Project Gianna struggled to get £100,000 and that had an impressive gameplay concept they illustrated, gameplay footage, a cool soundtrack, an engine, and concept art.

Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders-

I'm a poster on their forums and better late than never.

A hex-based sci-fi strategy game featuring the tanks, aircraft and infantry of the Sword of the Stars universe. This is a cross platform card wargame for pc and android (possible for mac, ios, and linux devices too if it makes it stretch goals or later down the road if it doesn't).

You can play your turn and send your info to a buddy and when they get their turn done they send their info to you so you can easily handle playing the game at your convenience. Campaign, scenarios, skirmish, ai, 2 player, human, hiver and tarka armies.  

If you got questions post them in their kickstarter page here- 

or on their forums here- 

They have a handful of videos on their kickstarter page so you can get a better look at the game under updates-

They will be answering question in comments and in video format too in the coming days so if you got a question speak up. 

Youtube video- 

Screenshots here- 

Updated alpha demo and the android demo in the link below-

Previews-

Almost 40k till Risky mode in Shantae!

Playing as Risky Boots will be pretty sweet.  I really want to play the game as Rotty Tops, but Hero Mode is looking really doubtful.

i-has-a-sad.jpg

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It’s going to be a tough Call -- and yes, there will be lots more puns before this is over -- but right now, it’s all up to you backers and fans to answer the Call:

Check out these nine designs for our future Mighty No. 9 heroine, Call, and then hit the link at the bottom of this page to vote for your favorite!

The top three most popular designs based on this open-to-the-public vote between now and the end of our Kickstarter campaign will be announced as part of our livestream around 5:30pm PST on Tuesday, Oct. 1 -- right at the end of our Kickstarter! Those three designs will be colored and refined for another round of backer-only voting on our (by then) new Mighty No. 9 official forums, due to go up sometime in late October or early November!

A couple of character notes we have set for Call, just to keep in mind as you weigh her various design options: 

Call is a female robot originally created by Dr. White’s friend, Dr. Sanda, to help assist him with his research; she somehow avoided being infected by the virus causing all the other robots to go berserk and has pledged to help Beck. 
Call was not imbued with the human characteristics that make Beck unique, so she’s more of a pure robot -- as you might imagine, this contrast can lead to some interesting differences and misunderstandings whenever they interact!
Note: Our survey system limits everyone to one vote per person, and we will be checking IP logs to root out any attempts at multiple votes (so don’t even try and vote twice or you’ll risk your vote not counting at all!). Also, we aren’t going to say whose design is whose (some of you can guess by now, we’re sure!), but we have designs here from Yuuji Natsume (Inti Creates), Hirokatsu Maeda (Inti Creates), Yo****aka Hatakeyama (Inti Creates), Yuuta Watanabe (Inti Creates), Makoto Yabe / KOU (Freelance), Kimo Kimo (Comcept), Shinsuke Komaki (Comcept), Hideki Ishikawa (Freelance), and Keiji Inafune (Comcept)! 

Now, happy voting! (Again, you'll find the link to the actual survey down below!)

tTdPAje.jpg

3sIOe87.jpg

Sh3fZDF.jpg

PKDFZwZ.jpg

MyTprjq.jpg

sLA9SyW.jpg

4qAZfUh.jpg

GwQ4lll.jpg

agkKkoC.jpg
Got your favorite all picked out? Great -- now hit this link and let us know your choice!

Holy smokes!  Design B is amazing!  I love it so much.  The hat, the glasses, the vest and tie.  It;s all so great.  I pray it wins.  If you don't have a different favorite, vote B!

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I voted F. Sorry :(

Playing as Risky Boots will be pretty sweet.  I really want to play the game as Rotty Tops, but Hero Mode is looking really doubtful.

Maybe, just maybe the sales of Pirate's Curse will allow them to either add it or as an add on down the line. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Gah. Judging by the comments on the Kickstarter page, design B is a long shot to make the cut, probably mostly because glasses.  People just don't know a good thing when they see it.  Design B has an awesome hat, a sweet vest & tie combo, and modular, multi-function hair that retracts in to a bun.  I'm willing to bet design F is going to win because it's the closest to Roll and the "sexiest" design.

189135d1363283163-discuss-gbp-usd-h2-201

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I've just noticed that some of the people behind the old James Pond games for the Genesis want to make another one.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gameware/james-pond-pond-is-back?ref=category

Can they come up with 100K quid though?

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Gah. Judging by the comments on the Kickstarter page, design B is a long shot to make the cut, probably mostly because glasses.  People just don't know a good thing when they see it.  Design B has an awesome hat, a sweet vest & tie combo, and modular, multi-function hair that retracts in to a bun.  I'm willing to bet design F is going to win because it's the closest to Roll and the "sexiest" design.

E was my favorite. Not a backer though, so no vote for me.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Huh, I didn't know that campaign was still going. Not really of any personal interest since I've never played its predecessors, but I'm in a good mood (go Hawks) so eh, backed.

And voted for H. Probably 50:50 with E really, but I think E will get to the runoff vote regardless, so backing the underdog for now. Sorry Keyrock, but I'll throw some cash at your genie game as well to make up for it. :p

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

189135d1363283163-discuss-gbp-usd-h2-201

B looks too much like Arale from Dr. Slump.

F. Sorry.

In other news...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/612963?ref=activity

"MEGA MAN 2 COMPOSER TAKASHI TATEISHI IS OFFICIALLY ON BOARD FOR MIGHTY NO. 9!!!!!! :D "

I don't think I need to provide evidence as to why this is brick****tingly awesome news, but for those punk kids who don't know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagK8ilz-lM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsz0UIRs-J4

4k till risky mode. (Edit: They covered it through paypal, we're getting risky mode)

shantaepcconceptart_110912.png

As for Mighty 9, he might as well just start his own company. 

That's what Comcept is, Inafune started his own company.

Yay, Risky Mode!  The next stretch goal for Shantae should be no problem, hopefully they hit at least the costume change one too.  I really want Hero Mode, but I doubt that will happen.  I want my playable Rotty Tops!

image-328041-full.jpg?1379443861

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Was puzzled to see a parcel on my doorstep this evening, in a resplendent forest green plastic bag emblazoned with the insignia of Sweden Post. Turned out to be the Numenera sourcebooks, though why they were sent from Sweden is beyond me.

Still waiting on the Shadowrun goodies, though they're not officially late yet.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G