The Kickstarter Thread

Gorth

Fair enough. I remember all games I have backed, but I have enough games to play so it doesn't really bother me.

Example: Shadowrun Returns:

Very excited about the announcement.

Followed the campaign and hoped it would do great.

Read updates when they came but excitement was not at the same level.

Day of release I was once again excited for the game.

Starting the game, very excited to play.

• Like 1

It's actually best that I pledge and forget, that way it's like a surprise when the game finally comes out.  

It also lowers the danger of disappointment due to too high expectations :)

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Although not technically on Kickstarter, Level Up Labs is doing a similar thing for pre-orders for Defenders Quest 2.

http://www.defendersquest.com/2/?page=preorder

Defenders Quest 1 is my favorite tower defense game, so when I pre-order it probably next week I might have an extra DQ1 key for it, assuming Humble gives me another one if someone wants it.

I say assuming Humble gives me another one, because it said "Redeemed" next to my GOG key, even though I hadn't used it, but had already bought it there before. If someone wants the game now on GOG, let me know and I'll give you that key, assuming it hasn't expired.

(Yes, I bought it again. Bought it originally on a sale, loved it so much that I bought it again off their site when it was on sale again to give them more money, and get access to the mods on the Steam workshop to put on my DRM-free copy at home.)

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I hope it's longer than the Larry remake which I finished in under 2 hours

Maybe it'll take as long as for me to get the physical rewards for that game, ie. forever.

I'm now 0/2 for physical items from kickstarter/indiegogo. Pretty safe to say I'll be buying into the basic or digital only tiers from now on...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Obduction seems to be stalling. I hope it will gain some more momentum but that requires Rand Miller to start working on interviews or other media attention.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I found a kickstarter game on my kindle called Star Command, decided to give it a whirl for $3.  It's a pretty fun game, has some very neat features and is like a close up version of FTL.  But the combat is super slow and I hate the minigame aspects.

The Mandate doesn't have much hope, shame

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Mandate doesn't have much hope, shame

Yeah, it's looking doubtful it will make funding.  My main issue with the project, and the reason I didn't pledge to the project, and will not, is how ridiculously ambitious it is.  Even on a 20 or 30 million dollar budget this project would seem extremely ambitious to me.  I can't fathom it being made for half a million dollars.  I just don't see how it's possible.  I would love to see it made and might buy it were it come to fruition, but I have no faith that they could get it done on that budget.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well they're not going all out like Roberts, but they do aim high

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm all kickstarted out. Waiting on my 12+ games. I don't even remember what half of them are.

If you go to KS website and check your profile information you can see what projects\games you backed :geek:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Shroud of the Avatar Developer Commentary:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/31/shroud-of-the-avatar-developer-commentary

Other than the (hopefully placeholder) animations, particularly the hilariously stiff running animation, I think it's coming along nicely.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1559170459/the-7th-guest-3-the-collector?ref=live

Guys here is a worthwhile KS to support if you like your scary games that require thinking....dig deep gents and be generous !!! :aiee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1559170459/the-7th-guest-3-the-collector?ref=live

Guys here is a worthwhile KS to support if you like your scary games that require thinking....dig deep gents and be generous !!! :aiee:

Ah, The 7th Guest, the game that sold thousands of CD-ROMs.  I thought the game was more hilariously cheesy than scary, but I enjoyed it and The 11th Hour back in the day.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Jesus christ.

Call me when there is a kickstarter to round up every single copy of every single FMV game in the world to burn them in one magnificent bonfire, then I promise to throw money at it with a shovel.

GK2 wasn't that bad. PQ SWAT is my favourite FMV game though :lol:

Funny how there's so much complaining about modern games turning into interactive movies when remembering all those terrible FMV games of the past.

EDIT: I hated GK2, but at least Grace was pretty cute in it. And still better than GK3 overall.

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I managed to like GK2 despite it being a FMV game but just barely and with great effort.

It tends to have a tad negative effect on the game experience if I constantly want to reach through the monitor and strangle everyone.

FMV games can be very enjoyable, you just have to embrace the cheese.  Don't be afraid of the cheese.  Take in the cheese.  Be one with the cheese.  Let the cheese fill your pores.  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸