Community Photo Sharing Thread

LadyCrimson

are you guys hollidaying too?

My reaction when I read this....

blooddiamond.gif

No, I'm not and I wont be anytime soon. *looks at ever growing mountain of spreadsheets*

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Let me be even more annoying and say that I don't start school until September.. So I have 2 more months off, i don't even know how to spend them..

Hiding from the varios and sundry hitmen types that the annoyed and envious members of this forum might be sending your way? :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Woldan gets +3 for the Miami Vice t-shirt.

@Ros - I see a lot of people doing that sort of stuff at/around our beaches too...some people, I believe, actually take off in the lightly wooded mts a fair distance from the coast and glide all the way to the beaches. Some summer days it feels like the entire sky is filled with them, now.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

blooddiamond.gif

No, I'm not and I wont be anytime soon. *looks at ever growing mountain of spreadsheets*

I'm trying to remember the name of the film now. All I can remember is the name of the tank. Great film, tho.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What's a "holiday"?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What's a "holiday"?

An absurd archaic concept of time not being spent properly. 

Or thats what my boss tells me all the time when I mention this ''holiday''. 

• Like 1

I thought it was Robert Wisdom in Sahara (1995).

Robert_Wisdom-3.jpg

Probably more well known these days for being police commander in The Wire.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Let me be even more annoying and say that I don't start school until September.. So I have 2 more months off, i don't even know how to spend them..

I haven't had two months off since I was 14. I haven't had more than 2 weeks off in 7 years.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That sucks. I'll be quite honest, but even when I was out of work having a good solid break was worthwhile. You can't relax properly in less than a month, IMO.

-Elwood Blues

Since I've been working I've never really taken more than a week off, but in school I used to enjoy summers free. Though I suppose that was wasted time at least the 4 months off after each term in University. Do have next week off work, though I've not much planned other than tackling my GOG backlist and some programming of any sort.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That sucks. I'll be quite honest, but even when I was out of work having a good solid break was worthwhile. You can't relax properly in less than a month, IMO.

Yeah, I lose a lot of earned holidays due to switching jobs a lot... I was a contractor for those 7 years, let's see how next year turns out.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

blooddiamond.gif

Wasn't he in Gladiator?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yep, Djimon Hounsou.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still on the west coast and went exploring today, there are still old bunkers around from WW2 strewn around (they are also in Copenhagen of course, but here you can go down and into them)..

0dvr.jpg

3nza.jpg

7x7a.jpg

4ryb.jpg

And my niece decided I would look lovely with earrings.. :)

eexq.jpg

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

The guy behind you is not amused by her BS.

A month of adventure is coming to an end, or at least I'm beginning to hope so. :)

Had a great time..

Rode a bike cross country (as a passenger) for the first time.. He went 160km/h at one point - and I discovered I don't like speed that much..

szej.jpg

Played 3 days of Beer Crocket.. loved it, but had a little too much to drink by the third day (obviously) and actually ended up getting a little sick.

5hfz.jpg

Went to the Jazz festival in Aarhus.

blb8.jpg

With good friends..

pcav.jpg

and had an American themed garden party at an old Church house (for the residing priest) build in the 1700 century. Beautiful place.. A friend of mine threw up in the master bedroom, on the original woodpanel floors (woops)..

z5ev.jpg

(here we are mending the various degrees of hangovers - both mental and otherwise..)

Fortune favors the bald.

Just harvested my first garden grown zucchinis, they're really big this year. They're longer than my forearm + hand!

zuchhini_zps2b6b0ad9.jpg

My potatoes: 

plantage1_zpsfc6a1d09.jpg

More potatoes:

plantage3_zpsa4eca52e.jpg

Some of my parsnips:

plantage2_zpsc9c4eb00.jpg