Community Photo Sharing Thread

LadyCrimson

That's a nice garden. We have the yard space that could be used kinda like that (edged garden areas) but at the moment if we built some, they'd just get used as litter boxes (my cat and the 5zillion neighbor cats) so I have no interest in trying to grow anything at exposed ground level. :lol:

But I'd love a small greenhouse for growing a few things almost year round. Cabbages, tomatoes, onions, strawberries, jalapeno's,  long string beans etc.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

How much food does that produce? ... in case of the apocalypse I wanna make sure I have enough veggies growing.

Only the Genesis device can make a garden large enough for an apocalypse.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In case of apocalypse I'm turning to human flesh, that way I'll blend right in with the zombies.  Sweet garden, by the way.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

How much food does that produce? ... in case of the apocalypse I wanna make sure I have enough veggies growing.

More than enough if I raid my defenseless farmer neighbors once in a while to boost my food and slave supplies. 

Joking aside, around 40 kg of potatoes, 15kg parsnips, about 20-30kg of zucchini,..and I have no idea about the rest. I'm planning on increasing the potato output by at least 100% next year with doubling the crop area and trimming the trees so that the plants get more sunlight. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Me and 5 friends went grilling on a peninsula opposite Copenhagen (old industrial area), it was so peaceful - nice and beautiful.. So me and one of the girl ended up sleeping there, I got up at 5 am and took some pictures. It was so quiet.. Until the fort on the opposite side shot off a cannon (they greet the dusk and dawn this way) - one hell of a wake up call for her.. haha..

7q91.jpg

zbct.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

zbct.jpg

For a second there I thought those were the horns of subterrene water-buffalo.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Found one of my old Game & Watch today, and it still works.

1f9y.png

cy20.png

Wish I still had Zelda, that one's 100 Reichsmark on eBay nowadays. Still more fun games than any of the handheld crap out nowadays (except for KOTOR on iPad).

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Some are just special.   :w00t:

winner_zpsc43ca486.jpg

This pic is a pretty good example of what the landscape looks like where I live.

cycling_zpsd456ebc8.jpg

Old picture I found on my memory card of my DC, partial eclipse on a winter morning.

partialeclipse_zpsba7eff3e.jpg

• Like 5

Looks like much of Europe, except for the Moon.. Is that in Austria? I've only ever seen that close to equator.

The key indicator that it's not Britain is that someone has laid a rural road successfully.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Looks like much of Europe, except for the Moon.. Is that in Austria? I've only ever seen that close to equator.

The key indicator that it's not Britain is that someone has laid a rural road successfully.

Oh come on, Brits build bumpy patchy unnecessarily winding country roads on purpose because they're just all hardcore rally fans. We would not have awesome tarmac rally stages like this without those clever British road constructors: 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

Oh come on, Brits build bumpy patchy unnecessarily winding country roads on purpose because they're just all hardcore rally fans. We would not have awesome tarmac rally stages like this without those clever British road constructors: 

Got to love Rallying, I had a pulse of 130 from just watching that. :D

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I was considering gathering together and posting some of the pics of myself I've taken/posted over the years (ages 15 thru early 40's) as a "wow time sure has passed" collage, but then I remembered I'd have to plug in the scanner and stuff and got lazy. So here's a boring picture of a common moth instead. :p

mothtongue1.jpg

• Like 1

If you enjoy that kind of motor sport as much as I do you totally have to check out this vid: 

Ah, Group B rally... the days when men were men, women were women and rallycars were ludricrously fast. It's a shame that they killed it, rally nowadays is'nt as impressive and they've taken the manufacturer motivation to build cool cars out of the picture.

Only downside to pikes peak is that the road is so wide that you don't get a good sence of speed, the first Vatanen clip is much more impressive due to the road being 2 metres wide, tops! And that the co-driver is shouting out frantic pacenotes! :)

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I couldn't agree with you more!

Its a shame that I was born just when the great era of motor sports imploded. In the 80's race cars developed several thousands of lbs of down force thanks to huge barely restricted wings/underwings with engines achieving in excess of 1200 hp and max speeds of 245mph / 400kmh in Le Mans. Group B rally cars weighing next to nothing had 500hp turbo mid engines, Formula 1 cars raced on super wide rubbers and 1000 hp turbo engines, Pikes Peak was still a dirt track, Le Mans still had a straight without those stupid chicanes....

Nowadays racing is so..sterile and castrated. Its just sad.  ;(

• Like 1

I couldn't agree with you more!

Its a shame that I was born just when the great era of motor sports imploded. In the 80's race cars developed several thousands of lbs of down force thanks to huge barely restricted wings/underwings with engines achieving in excess of 1200 hp and max speeds of 245mph / 400kmh in Le Mans. Group B rally cars weighing next to nothing had 500hp turbo mid engines, Formula 1 cars raced on super wide rubbers and 1000 hp turbo engines, Pikes Peak was still a dirt track, Le Mans still had a straight without those stupid chicanes....

Nowadays racing is so..sterile and castrated. Its just sad.  ;(

Back then when drivers actually had to drive the cars on their own aswell, manual transmissions in F1, no antispin, no launch control or such driving aids. It was really impressive to see drivers drifting through corners, actually fighting their cars, looking for every little bit of grip they could find!

1994 was a really ****ty year aswell, Ayrton Senna and Roland Ratzenburger both died at Imola. And Justin Bieber was born, but that's a whole'nother horror.

As you say, racing is too clinical and soulless nowadays, I don't have the same respect for it as I have for the golden years. :/