Community Photo Sharing Thread

LadyCrimson

Something a bit ...Nurgle about that page. *shudder*

EDIT:

It's not my picture, but I stumbled across this just now of a Cheyenne 'dog soldier':

660px-Native_American_PowWow_9488.jpg

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

BIG artwork of Salzburg - one of my countries most famous cities- made entirely of little pieces of tiles, 1553. The castle called ''Feste Hohensalzburg'' (Stronghold high-Salzburg) on the hill still exists and is now a huge museum. 

salzburgart_zpsb4925dd6.jpg

The Stronghold now (not my picture)

files-SalzburgGesamtansichtenStadtansich

• Like 4

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Oh, I forgot to mention, you never guess where this artwork was hanging! In a *drum roll* underground parking garage! The poor artist...

I was just walking through the exit when I found that mosaic hanging on a wall there and I was like DAFUQ is this doing HERE?

Stupid neighbor's by-fence huge tree + wind. :verymad:

There's a big branch on the lawn, too. PG&E came out this morning (their wires/poles, their problem) tried to knock it down with a pole. Didn't work. Coming back tomorrow. They already cut back a lot of the lower overhang last year. Guy said the whole tree should be massively topped off this time. Seems like they should do that from the neighbor's yard tho...this is an old construction neighborhood (1950's) but since the power/phone/cable etc. lines are in the backyards along the fence-lines, people shouldn't have giant trees near them. Hard to get a big person-lifter or whatever in the backyard to deal with it, vs. the street.

darntree1.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There are lot of those big Libellula depressa (flat bodied chaser) and their larva in my garden, they're really pretty. 

This specimen is a young female:  

plattbauch_zpscd62b10a.jpg

Edited by Woldan

Ooo....nice macro! :)

I see the odd dragonfly around our yard, probably from the bay marshes ... but they don't sit still long and usually are up high. I think when they show up in our yard, they're hopelessly lost.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not sure, they're too flitty for me to get a good look. Brownish. :p

But with all the Bay marshes and grassy hills there are a lot of types around here I think. Like the big orange bodied ones, to the tiny blueish ones.

Congratulations on your stupidity.

Dragonflies don't just look pretty they also absolutely love to eat mosquitoes and horseflies by the dozens. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  Next time you get stung by mosquitoes or bitten by horseflies think about that. 

I find insects fascinating, used to study them a bit. Obviously I don't like crawlies in my sheets, in my hair, my food/drink, or in my pants, but as long as they don't have deadly bites or something, I'm cool with leaving them alone as long as they're not causing me constant trouble (like termites or mosquito's/fleas or ants in the house might....).

Not technically insects, but I love spiders. Jumping spiders especially. World needs more jumping spiders. They are too cool.

• Like 1

Massive street party here in Copenhagen (Distortion) yesterday and for the next 3 days.. (borrowed pictures) but I'm in there somewhere.. hehe

966199_10151568972420956_1468051686_o.jp

601656_10151572472750956_11886730_n.jpg

I love this city...

Fortune favors the bald.

Never know, it can be hard to tell them apart these days.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What a sausage fest! I spot like three girls.. in both pics combined!

Counted 16 girls in the first and 10 girls in the second pic. You just have to use your terminator scan mode.

term.jpg

Edited by Woldan

Girls were plentiful, some were just undercover. ;)

943462_10151598678655956_2052215884_n.jp

one of the main streets it went down on last night.

480105_10151598678250956_770295116_n.jpg

Today we move to the harbour and the party will end sometime tomorrow..

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Actually i hate European-style cities. Too urbanized, too overpopulated,  too tight.  Meanwhile my hometown looks like wood with comparison to them, and you not too often encounter citizens on the streets, it's looks like life after zombie apocalypse and i like this. Russian proverb - “Fewer people - more oxygen".

4180437043E04310440043004360435043D04380