Community Photo Sharing Thread

LadyCrimson

A so-called Siberian Tiger? :p

The birch pollen allergy thing has me cooped up for the moment as my new apartment is fairly airtight... Happily my order including season 1 of Person on Interest on Blu-ray came through on Friday, so that took care of the weekend nicely. So no trophy scars from the weekend to me!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

20130519200448.jpg

Had a run in with a fiesty girl - nothing happened beyond that luckily, she would've been entirely too much to handle.. ;)  But it looks nice hah

You... you... lucky bastard.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Rgr that, halting jealousy.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

grjB7gU.jpg

Hairy arm and leg are on the house.

Hm0Gx0A.jpg

Putting that bread over the meat while we finished the rest of the meat. That bread tastes lovely afterwards. Yes, there is a plate of raw meat. We call it kebbe (don't have a clue how to spell it).

• Like 2

Me at the worlds biggest international gun show 2013 in Düsseldorf, Germany, checking out the Austrian Steyr HS50 anti material rifle. (The rifle was of course unloaded, pointing in a save direction and my finger never touched the trigger)

wold50_zps3c6c158e.jpg

• Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Meat, rawr!

Anti-material rifle ... oddly, makes me think of Boone. :blush:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Me at the worlds biggest international gun show 2013 in Düsseldorf, Germany, checking out the Austrian Steyr HS50 anti material rifle. (The rifle was of course unloaded, pointing in a save direction and my finger never touched the trigger)

Who bastardised the proper military vernacular of materiel into "material"! Even wikipedia can't seem to keep it straight, where's the language police hotline?

Who bastardised the proper military vernacular of materiel into "material"! Even wikipedia can't seem to keep it straight, where's the language police hotline?

I agree it's materiel. And you can blame the lazy bloody civil servants who think it's a misspelling.

I do think we should have a rifle that is literally for shooting tinned beans and boots. Issue them to hippies and tell them to get cracking.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I get the feeling you're not actually Swedish, Labadal.

For starters I can see fresh vegetables on that table.

-Elwood Blues

I'd call it an anti-everything rifle, its use is certainly not limited to destroying material or matériel.

Sure, like my LT used to say about the AA MG, it doesn't do much anything against anything modern that flies, but it's pretty ****ing good on infantry! :p

That said, I believe even the US Army is eyeing smaller calibers like the (Finnish-designed) .338 Lapua Magnum as more efficient long-range anti-infantry weapons.

That said, I believe even the US Army is eyeing smaller calibers like the (Finnish-designed) .338 Lapua Magnum as more efficient long-range anti-infantry weapons.

The US army has adopted the new Remington Sniper System in .300wm, fact is the 338LM beats the .300wm only by 400 yds (1400 vs 1700yds). I load the 300wm myself with 220 grain Sierra BTHP.

IMO the next step from the .300WM should be something like the .408 or the .416 TYR, not the .338LM.

.308 left, .300WM 220 grain BTHP's to the right. 

magnumrounds_zps5c658dee.jpg

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Note to self: add Woldan to list of companions in event of apocalypse.

-Elwood Blues