What's going on in Boston?

Blarghagh

Who would win in a fight:

U.S. Police

83466920.jpg

or Chechen Police?

9Fp29ZxqAmc.jpg

Er... I don't think 'Roid Rage is actually a super power.

I'll take calm professionalism over looking buff any day.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Although the Chechen's clearly win in the manly beard sweepstakes too, so its not all buff bods.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

U.S. Police

83466920.jpg

or Chechen Police?

9Fp29ZxqAmc.jpg

Yes and the success of the Chechen army in conventional warfare speaks volumes for how effective they really are

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You play the odds with getting "calm professionalism" with cops.  Still, they have body armour, so that counts for some (although maybe not for much against a PKM).    Weird for the cops to be kitted up in camo like that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

^ I just read Mr. Cohen's article, Bearing in mind that the Guardian is the UK's Number One Libtard newsheet, and I can't be arsed to fisk it, a few points:

1. The Washington snipers turned out to be, ahem, Islamist grudge-inspired 'terrorists.' So perhaps he has a point...

2. But then again, postal ex-LA cop gunman dude might have been a heavily armed nutcase, but he only had small arms and seemed to know who his target was...

So on to point three...

Terrorists, even homegrown, homebrewed ones like the Boston specimens, are especially terrifying and render Mr. Cohen's argument for what it is (libtard arse-effluent). These two guys made it patently clear that they would put down IEDs and to hell with the consequences. They might have well been wearing explosive vests. They were completely indiscriminate.

So, Mkreku, living in your Scandie bubble, think about this. I live in London. I've had the IRA, animal rights nutters and now AQ-inspired murderers on my doorstep. I know what it's like to have loved ones on public transit systems when bombs go off. You don't.

So, sweetie, you and your friend Mr. Cohen are useful idiots.

STFU.

Thanks

MC

Baa baa, said the sheep.

Jesus christ. I agree on most of the things that you say, but it baffles me on how you can be a ****poster of such enormous magnitude sometimes. Witty dialogue? nope. Clever retort? none. Condensating? quite a lot. 

If we would be discussing world peace i would still have to fight the urge to make you bite curb even if i agreed with you.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The fact is, there's about as many different interpretations of what's happened in the Balkans as there are people with any kind of picture to it. You don't really need to look closer than Bysantine history to see that the place has always had a special relationship with violence.

I think it's fair to say that the situation is very complex and multilayered. Propaganda paints things as black and white, but even those that are more switched on, like our friend Drowsy, still look at it from a vastly different point of view due to being, obviously, both physically, culturally and mentally closer to the current and past events. Western interventions into the former Yugoslav states and the functioning of the war crimes tribunal hasn't been exactly exemplary, with another fairly strong dose of black and whitening going on there.

My only worry is that the situation will never improve as long as the one Volk, one Reich attitude remains. Even among intelligent and educated people.

Just my short rationale for the earlier trolling, not trying to be exhaustive here.

Well, Tito atleast tried to make a coherent state to work. But as history shows, it worked as good as a parent trying to have a little boy and girl kiss just because it looks so "cute".

And as globalisation has showed, it hasn't change the national identity. On the contrary, it is quite ironic that more nations have been created during the last 20 years.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Orogun, where are you from?  I'm asking because it would help me to understand your perspective of how Boston as a city and Massachusetts as a state are run.  

I don't think there is really a usual MO for a situation like this, but instituting a lockdown is not entirely unheard of.  The scope and size of the lockdown was massive, but again this is very much a unique situation.  

Regardless, you have one suspect alive and communicating, so there is really no reason to buy into conspiracy theories at this point.  If he comes out and says he was framed (or gets shot by Jack Ruby), then feel free to speculate.  

Cuban immigrant currently residing in Florida.

Regarding martial law, it is not a common occurrence and it is not something declared on a whim. 

The suspect it's "communicating" as far as the shot through his throat will let him, he was also the younger brother who had not been implicated in a terrorist plot beforehand.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I've had two lockdown situations in the last few years in my area, but I work in a school and so we are usually the first put on alert when something happens.  It seems like it is becoming more common to lockdown an entire area when a manhunt is happening, a few years back we had someone go on a shooting spree at the cement plant he worked at, and they shut down about a 20 mile radius area to get him.  This was after he had carjacked a lady and disappeared into some neighborhoods.  Our school was not super close (about 15 miles away) but we were still sheltering in place for a couple hours.  That simply means no lunch or recess, and eventually we did an early dismissal.

I notice you keep using the term martial law, is that different than a lockdown?  Most of the news I read referred to it as a lockdown, but was there anything in particular that you feel makes it more than that?

Something to consider is did the lockdown in Boston make sense? Was it necessary?

The primary  objective of terrorists is to spread terror and disrupt the lives of countries that they target, in a way the lockdown was something they probably wanted as it  caused major impact to the daily lives of ordinary citizens. Also the second brother was noticed  by an observant citizen, not the police or due to the lockdown. Isn't it better for people to continue with there lives but to be aware of possible suspects. Life should continue as normal within reason, thats how you defeat terrorism?

I am not saying if the lockdown was completely wrong, I am merely raising the principle of what is the  best course of action when these tragedies strike

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

@ people who didn't like my post. I apologise. But Mkreku's reflex anti-Americanism grips my ****.  I find it ironic he accuses me of being a sheep when his anti-Americanism is so bloody cookie-cutter Euro Groupthink.

As for the pictures of cops. Call me old-fashioned, but I tend to get angsty when the cops are wearing camouflage. If they look like soldiers, in my experience they start to act like soldiers. Which is OK if you are in a war, but of questionable efficacy in downtown Boston MA.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

U.S. Police

83466920.jpg

or Chechen Police?

9Fp29ZxqAmc.jpg

If the fight is over who has the most neckbeard, the Chechen police.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Speaking as a Brit this is otherworldly footage, if it's going on all over Boston then the scale seems over the top...I'm tired and half way into a bottle of pear cider so apologies if this post doesn't exactly light fires in the minds of men  :disguise:

Terrorism aims to undermine government by demonstating that it can't protect its citizens, in theory the poplulation then become so disatisfied that they turn on their leaders and create a situation ripe for radical change. I don't know that it has ever worked in reality, it seems more like desperation born of impotence. In any case it's  not hard to understand how necessary it was to roll out all available resources, especially since it was going to come out that the FBI dropped the ball again.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

All I want to know is how many FBI agents does it take to get over a picket fence.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Was the lockdown put into place after the first shootout where the older brother died?  The primary reason for a lockdown is to prevent any and all civilian casualties, so it would seem that they succeeded in that.

I've had two lockdown situations in the last few years in my area, but I work in a school and so we are usually the first put on alert when something happens.  It seems like it is becoming more common to lockdown an entire area when a manhunt is happening, a few years back we had someone go on a shooting spree at the cement plant he worked at, and they shut down about a 20 mile radius area to get him.  This was after he had carjacked a lady and disappeared into some neighborhoods.  Our school was not super close (about 15 miles away) but we were still sheltering in place for a couple hours.  That simply means no lunch or recess, and eventually we did an early dismissal.

I notice you keep using the term martial law, is that different than a lockdown?  Most of the news I read referred to it as a lockdown, but was there anything in particular that you feel makes it more than that?

They had military troops going from house to house, no cars, buses, trains going in or out and the people were under curfew. Something that they didn't even do when the Donner situation happened. Is not the act but the scope of the act itself that seems more akin to martial law than just a lockdown.

Also they keep mentioning that the brothers are charged with  using WWD; now I may not know what the legal definition for WWD is but I'm fairly sure that there is a world of difference between a nuclear bomb and a homemade device that injured 22 and killed 2.

Plus there is the fact that the FBI was at the scene running bomb drills the same day, with allegedly bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish line. It's just a very suspicious situation considering that there is more questions than evidence of guilt.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

What's suspicious about having bomb detection as part of the security detail for a large gathering, though ? So what do you think the real situation is ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It wasn't a bomb detection security, they were running drills that day.

I believe that the FBI involvement in this matter is deeper than just security, that the Saudi National that was first arrested has been largely overlooked despite being on the Terror watch list and that the video used as evidence of their suspicions of the brothers isn't sufficient specially when you consider that there were other individuals at the scene who were equally if not more suspicious.

As I have too many questions that are likely going to remain unanswered by the official reports I have to search my truth elsewhere. So I cannot say with complete certainty what I happened but I doubt that the situation is what it seems. 

village_idiot.gif

Well you mention bomb sniffing dogs being present, that's part of security and nothing sinister about it. Still for evidence that they did do the bombing, it's a bit much to expect them to show that to everyone as wouldn't that mess up any prosecution ?

Always one annoying thing with events like this, so much conspiracy talk to sift through. But at least Beck delivered :

@ Malcador

I know all this information can be a little daunting but allow me to let you know whats  relevant and whats nonsense. I don't want you to worry about anything unless I tell you its real. :biggrin:.

By the way whats with this terrorist plot thats was stopped in Canada? Something about an attempt to blow up a bridge

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

@ Malacador

I know all this information can be a little daunting but allow me to let you know whats  relevant and whats nonsense. I don't want you to worry about anything unless I tell you its real. :biggrin:.

By the way whats with this terrorist plot thats was stopped in Canada? Something about an attempt to blow up a bridge

I think that they targeted passenger train.

They had military troops going from house to house, no cars, buses, trains going in or out and the people were under curfew. Something that they didn't even do when the Donner situation happened. Is not the act but the scope of the act itself that seems more akin to martial law than just a lockdown.

Also they keep mentioning that the brothers are charged with  using WWD; now I may not know what the legal definition for WWD is but I'm fairly sure that there is a world of difference between a nuclear bomb and a homemade device that injured 22 and killed 2.

Plus there is the fact that the FBI was at the scene running bomb drills the same day, with allegedly bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish line. It's just a very suspicious situation considering that there is more questions than evidence of guilt.

... "military troops"? What happened to posse comitatus? Or were they coast guard? :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think it was mainly SWAT officers and National Guard roving around, not regular Army although the Army did contribute some bomb disposal teams and helicopters (I think, at least recalling from the scanner chatter). Boston PD only has one, which initially I was surprised at but it is expensive to maintain and how often do they need one.

As for the terrorist plot in Canada, couple of guys were planning to derail a passenger train but they got turned in with the help of the community in the US and Canada thankfully.

Edited by Malcador