Might & Magic X Teased by Ubisoft, To Be Revealed at PAX East

I'm with Hurlshot.  I played the game, I had fun, lots of fun.  I can't wait to get my hands on the full release (Soon!).  I like the turn-based.  I like the grid-based movement.  I feel the game does a good job of recapturing the feel of the old-school M&M games.  Good enough for me.  

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 4 weeks later...

I'm happy to say that the game has been officially released, and it's a smoking hot nostalgia trip to be sure. Aside from some crappy textures, I had a very fun lunch playing it. The whole thing puts a smile on my face, and finally I got a goblin chef in my party, and that for just 100 gps. :)

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'd like to try it, but I'm going to have to get over my dislike for UPlay - or rather, the idea of yet another thingie that I need to have installed just to play a game itself. I'm getting too old-timer cranky about such things....don't know if I can.

But I might someday. And I'm glad it seems to a fun/enjoyable game. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Picked it up as well, my first Uplay game. Got a UPlay key for it from GreenManGaming since they appear to be the cheapest as mentioned in the other thread. Activated fine, but the only issue so far was that it refused to download initially. A quick visit to Google revealed that UPlay needed to be run in administrator mode.

Not so long ago I would have completely baulked at the idea of installing UPlay, but with recent changes in DRM policy, UPlay is no more offensive than Steam - or possibly less so given the policy for MM10 is apparently one-time activation.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I've just spent over a half hour in the character creation portion of the game and I haven't finished a single character yet.  I'm the type that will spend 15 minutes just thinking up a name. 

:wowey:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm the type that will spend 15 minutes just thinking up a name. 

:wowey:

I used to be like that. Had baby-name books and thesaurus on the desk that I'd refer to, even. But these days I just pick from a few I use over and over or use phonetic spellings of some variation of "Ihavetopickanameandcantthinkofone" phrases. :lol:

Eventually Ubi will likely have enough Uplay games (that I'm interested in) to make installing Uplay worth the bother and I'll cave...just not quite yet. In the mean time ... think I'll look out for a Let's Play to skim through a bit.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I actually am really enjoying a game... and I'll be damned, it's a Ubisoft published game.... What THE HELL? After they butchered HoM&M (6!!!) and Settlers series This game is fun AND combat is challenging even on adventurer mode.... I do not know how far I am in the game but I suspect something like 15-20% map travelled and I've already spent over 11h on it, and i took the default party.... O.o and there is much to do on your party creation if you chose to...

It does not seem to have some hard puzzle solving or some super elaborate "find secret door" mechanics (but you need to pick right characters to open them if you find them) but if anyone likes this turn based combats from the old games like Eye of The Beholder, Old Might and Magic, etc. it really is FUN and I fully recommend it. (there is also the Warrior difficulty, which I had not touched yet. I will probably try it on my second palythrough with a custom party)

I can't say too much about the story, but I assume it's a linear story reveal by a narrator and obviously your dialogs and quests you are going through,

Edited by Darkpriest

Hah, I just use my friends.  My volleyball team was my party in M&M 3 :)

I tend to pick the most old-timey names that come to mind.  I played a Doris, a Melvin, and a Eustace in F:NV.  I played ME with ladies named Mavis and Beatrice.  (Also, see handle.)

Although with characterization-lite games like old-school M&M, I often go for aptronyms.  Barbarians named Smashy; Clerics named Preacha; Rangers named Nature Boy; Ninjas named Awesome...

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

I'm getting slaughtered and loving it

of course it wasn't until level 3 that I figured out how to assign skill points  :facepalm:

currently getting my butt handed to me on the 3rd level of the lighthouse. 

Wait for the boss fight :D

a tip: if you find it too hard, try to get a level or two somewhere else... and try to use choke points anytime you can.

Edited by Darkpriest
  • Like 2

I can attest to the fact that Warrior s definitely significantly more difficult than Adventurer.  I got killed by the Queen Spider in the starter dungeon.  The starter dungeon!  Killed her the second time, but had to leave with an unconscious character because I ran out of antidot potions.  In Early Access playing on Adventurer difficulty I got lulled into a false sense of security since I collected so many antidotes in the dungeon I had excess and the Queen Spider was a pushover.  Not this time. Loving it!

:biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

of course it wasn't until level 3 that I figured out how to assign skill points :facepalm:

a tip: if you find it too hard, try to get a level or two somewhere else... and try to use choke points anytime you can.

He took out half my team before I finally took him down (on the third try). My ranger is about worthless and my melee guys miss an awful lot so my mage is basically carrying the lot of them. I'm pretty sure I've just built them wrong somehow

Still, this is my favorite game in a long while

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Picked it up as well, my first Uplay game. Got a UPlay key for it from GreenManGaming since they appear to be the cheapest as mentioned in the other thread. Activated fine, but the only issue so far was that it refused to download initially. A quick visit to Google revealed that UPlay needed to be run in administrator mode.

Not so long ago I would have completely baulked at the idea of installing UPlay, but with recent changes in DRM policy, UPlay is no more offensive than Steam - or possibly less so given the policy for MM10 is apparently one-time activation.

Your " first Uplay game ".....I'm happy and sad. The little bird is leaving the nest and taking its first nervous flight in the big bad world. Don't worry I'm here for you if you get scared :wub:

But I'm confidant you'll be fine :biggrin:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Three hours in now, and I'm still having loads of fun! :)

Some is because of nostalgia, I get all giddy when I drink weird goo in all kinds of colours from barrels and then get rewards like "+1 res earth magic"! 

The fights are just about casual tough, especially semi-boss and boss ones. The party chatter is fun and very old-school (like Wizardy8), and the quests so far have been very CRPG standard, but sometimes that's just fine. I will be playing this game a looong time, and it really grows on you. Decent music as well.

And the recipe-hunting goblin Kengi is a blast! :D

EDIT: BruceVC: It was my first Uplay-game too, hehe!

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

of course it wasn't until level 3 that I figured out how to assign skill points :facepalm:

He took out half my team before I finally took him down (on the third try). My ranger is about worthless and my melee guys miss an awful lot so my mage is basically carrying the lot of them. I'm pretty sure I've just built them wrong somehow

Still, this is my favorite game in a long while

Remember that wearing armor reduces your attack rating.  You can lessen and potentially completely remove this penalty with armor skill.  I remember getting frustrated by how much my melee characters were missing during Early Access, then it dawned on me that my armor skills were crap and I had a significant penalty to attack.

The grid movement is going to be OCD-hell. Must....step in every tile.

I'm like that a bit too.  I see greyed out squares on the map and it bugs the heck out of me.  :wowey:

I got my party up to level 3 and haven't even thought about entering the lighthouse yet.  I'm taking it nice and slow, reading all the lore books and song books and stuff.

Edit:  This was the game that popped my UPlay cherry also.  I've since (I bought this way back during Early Access) gotten AssCreed2 also.  So far that's the extent of my UPlay collection (Child of Light and Rayman games will likely expand it eventually).

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The grid movement is going to be OCD-hell. Must....step in every tile.

I'm like that a bit too.  I see greyed out squares on the map and it bugs the heck out of me.  :wowey:

I got my party up to level 3 and haven't even thought about entering the lighthouse yet.  I'm taking it nice and slow, reading all the lore books and song books and stuff.

I'm yet another of those that compulsively has to light up the tiles on the mini-map.

And like you, Keyrock, I'm inching away through the game, even looking for secret nooks and crannies. And that updated monster folio is great. I love how you can watch little animations of foes you have vanquished. A certain regal arachnid comes to mind.

• Like 1