Movies You've Seen Recently

LadyCrimson

Watched the finale of Green Lantern TAS. Cartoon Network cancelling it just makes me more angry now.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

We just got it in Canada last year, it was bittersweet watching SymBionic Titan after finding out it got canned in the US like 2 years ago. One of the best cartoons I've seen... ever.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Walking Dead finale - a bit anti-climactic, but decent. More importantly, soon it'll be Breaking Bad time!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"Searching for Sugar Man"

Such an upliftning documentary.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Watched HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA.  Laughed so much my face hurt.  Ow.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

skyfall?

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Watched the Iron Man 3 (really long) trailer. I have two things to say:

1 - I love Ben Kingsley, but I'm not sure about this one.

2 - the dramatic image of what seems like over half a dozen iron-men suited people is pretty awesome. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Roger Ebert died today.

Seriously, **** you, cancer.

WHAT? I knew he's been staying in the hospital for a while, something about a fracture (others have been writing the reviews), but I didn't realize it was that serious. *looks at his journal site* ... ah hadn't read that entry. Fracture turned out to be cancer. Man that sucks. And he sounded so hopeful/planning for the future, still, in that entry.

May he and Siskel be thumb wrestling together, somewhere.

Roger Ebert died today.

Seriously, **** you, cancer.

Bah, R.I.P. :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

RIP Roger Ebert.  He was always one of my favorite reviewers - one of the few who seemed to enjoy genre movies.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Didn't agree with him at all times (which is a good thing else lfie be boring) but I enjoyed reading his reviews over the years. And, as Amentep mentioned, comapred to most 'prfoessional' reveiwers he didn't have a stick all the way up his butt (only half way) when it came to 'blockbuster/genre' type films. I'll miss reading him from tiem to time.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

We just got it in Canada last year, it was bittersweet watching SymBionic Titan after finding out it got canned in the US like 2 years ago. One of the best cartoons I've seen... ever.

On this note, New version of Teen Titans coming out, that's more superdeformed/cartoony than the last.

Learned that when I went to see GI Joe Retaliation. Honestly? Pretty good flick IMO, self contained, and did what it needed to. Although I could see them releasing an unrated/R version of it, because NOBODY is killed on screen... officially. You do hear the death screams and see people obviously stabbing others who are just out of shot.

It is what it wants to be, a popcorn flick to kill a couple hours with over the top action and fun. It's not gonna force you to question anything.

Best part is that the main villains actors seemed to have a complete ball with their roles, particularly Jonathan Pryce.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

This movie looks awesome. Even watching the original and reading the book so knowing what happens doesn't change the fact that this film looks magnificant. I've watched the trailer 10+ already and I never watch trailers more than once.

Leo will probably be screwed out of his 11th Oscar win anyways.

I think the trailer looks terrible. Well, the sets look sumptuous, but outside of that. But who knows, could be good. And yes I've read the book/seen the Redford film. Book is great, old film is ok (I have a bit of a soft spot for it, but it's not really an awesome film).

Saw Minority Report yesterday and this scene with Farrel and Sydow really blew me away.. Great acting from both of them. The suprise and the ****y smile, "yep, I was right" Farrel gets in there.. Love it.

Fortune favors the bald.

On this note, New version of Teen Titans coming out, that's more superdeformed/cartoony than the last.

Learned that when I went to see GI Joe Retaliation. Honestly? Pretty good flick IMO, self contained, and did what it needed to. Although I could see them releasing an unrated/R version of it, because NOBODY is killed on screen... officially. You do hear the death screams and see people obviously stabbing others who are just out of shot.

It is what it wants to be, a popcorn flick to kill a couple hours with over the top action and fun. It's not gonna force you to question anything.

Best part is that the main villains actors seemed to have a complete ball with their roles, particularly Jonathan Pryce.

The CG Batman show they have coming looks terrible too.

Saw GI Joe 2 yesterday. Glad they didn't mention Scarlett dying, so she's free to return in the 3rd. Apparently Jon Chu has ideas on how to do Serpentor. He defititely "gets" GI Joe, so I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully we see the Flagg in the 3rd one.

A side note, Joseph Gordon Levitt did a WAY better Cobra Commander voice. The terrible CC voice in there made me want to watch the first one to wash my ears out.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It's better than the first G.I. Joe for sure, but that was kind of a low bar to cross anyway.

Willis and Johnson basically ensured that crowds would flock to the movie and make it a box office success, regardless of inherent quality (though quality is probably not the right word to use when discussing popcorn flicks).

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Why? There's clearly quality popcorn flicks and crappy popcorn flicks.  Just ebcause a movie isn't all dialogue doesn't mean it isn't quality. I don't think To kill A Mockingbird is an inherently better movie than Transformers 1 because it deals with racism and the other one is about alien robots. It's a better movie because it has better acting and writing.  I would take Con Air over There Will be Blood any day as the latter form is mostly boring except a solid performance by a certain someone while Con Air hits all the rights notes and keeps you entertaining and invested in the movie through its 2+ hours.

"I think the trailer looks terrible. Well, the sets look sumptuous, but outside of that. But who knows, could be good. And yes I've read the book/seen the Redford film. Book is great, old film is ok (I have a bit of a soft spot for it, but it's not really an awesome film)."

That's just wrong. The book is a classic in every sense of the word and not just ebcause of how old it is.  The set peices are awesome,a nd the characetrs are deviine. I do hope  but I doubt it will happen that they change the ending.  The ending isn't all that creative plus my prefered laternate ending still leaves the chaarcters in a dark place with room for continuation.

Yes, after watching that trailer - one of the best trailers ever -  I could watch a Gatsby played by Dicaprio for multiple movies.

Trailer = 9.5/10 ... it loses .5 because sadly I know the movie's ending already. :( :( :(