Movies You've Seen Recently

LadyCrimson

Saw GI Joe 2 yesterday. Glad they didn't mention Scarlett dying, so she's free to return in the 3rd. Apparently Jon Chu has ideas on how to do Serpentor. He defititely "gets" GI Joe, so I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully we see the Flagg in the 3rd one.

A side note, Joseph Gordon Levitt did a WAY better Cobra Commander voice. The terrible CC voice in there made me want to watch the first one to wash my ears out.

I think - reasonably - any Joe not part of the strike team could have survived.  Sure CC says that they destroyed the Joes, but at that point they thought they'd killed all of the strike team too.  Not unreasonable to think that others would have survived (if they want them to).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Tarkovsky's "Stalker" (1979)

That was different. While most of his movies do pose metaphysical questions, i think that this one went little over my head. I think i like "Solyaris" much more. Absolutely beautiful cinematography though.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The 2012 Snow White.

....I liked it more than I thought I would, in large part because of Charlize Theron's fun performance. So the first 3/4 I was mildly entertained, even when the film started to look and feel like LotR for a little while. But then it sorta fell into a downward spiral and the ending didn't match the rest. And I still don't buy Ms. Stewart as the "fairest of them all." Still, I sorta liked it overall.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

watched towerheist.

Fairly formulaic heist movie. But I enjoyed it. good way to pass some time.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Trying to watch a film called "Hypothermia." The main reason is because Michael Rooker stars in it, and I love Mr. Rooker.

It's a low budget, fairly short, monster movie with a small cast and low effects. Two families ice fishing in some lake area and a monster shows up under the ice. Rather laughable, but y'know, even through that, Rooker still makes me smile. So I'm sitting here still watching. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Trying to watch a film called "Hypothermia." The main reason is because Michael Rooker stars in it, and I love Mr. Rooker.

It's a low budget, fairly short, monster movie with a small cast and low effects. Two families ice fishing in some lake area and a monster shows up under the ice. Rather laughable, but y'know, even through that, Rooker still makes me smile. So I'm sitting here still watching. :lol:

I'm going to try to get my copy of Slither signed at FanExpo this weekend. Saw him on the Nerdist, seems like a pretty laid back fun guy too.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The sequel (and any subsequent ones) should be called Hypothermia -2: Chilled to the Bone, Hypothermia -3: Gangrene Attacks! ect...

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Tried to watch "Sushi Girl." I say tried because I found myself skipping forward now and then. Supposedly Michael Biehn was in it, but turns out he had a role that lasted about 40 seconds. Film has a Tarantino feel, only without the complex/interesting or humorous dialogue. The actors try, but the script, imo, just isn't interesting enough. The weirdest thing about the film was how it took me more than 30 minutes before I realized that was Mark Hamill under that shaggy blond hair and glasses. Even without the weird chr. look, I'm not sure I would've recognized him right away. Last non-voice role I'd seen him in was probably from 15+ years ago or something....my has he changed. :mellow:

Next I'm going to watch "Yellow Rock", another low budget film with Michael Biehn (much bigger role tho). Western. I have low expectations.

The sequel (and any subsequent ones) should be called Hypothermia -2: Chilled to the Bone, Hypothermia -3: Gangrene Attacks! ect...

:lol:

Saw 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit', it's funny - the movie made such an impression on me (scared to death by Doom! - and totally in love with Jessica R. heh) that I could almost remember all of it, even though I'd only seen it once about 16 years ago.

Fortune favors the bald.

We saw that in the theater and we were ... not sober. One of those youthful decisions if you get my drift. That was an experience. :ninja:

And I'm still haunted by the poor Dipped shoe.

I own more Clint Eastwood DVD's than any other actor, and when I saw the trailor for that one...

I'm just glad I wasn't introduced to the movie by that, considering

they practically give away the plot twist in it.

To those who haven't seen the movie yet, I would recommend watching the movie first.

EDITed for capitalization. Also noted: I hate the shift key on this keyboard. Goodness, you have to really push down on it. I can't tell you how many times I've just had 'i' show up with this thing. /rant

edit: I think there was another one on there that was even worse than that for giving it away.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I love Eastwood westerns. It's weird to see the differences between old film trailers and the way they do them today, tho. :lol:

Was watching a film called "House Hunting" via Netflix, last night. Fell asleep in the middle so I'm watching the rest now. Another low budget suspense/horror, with a slow pace, but I like it conceptually. A couple families get stuck in a house/area and can't escape it (the drive in a straight line but still end up going in circle sort of thing). Not a gore-fest, more suspense. Plus, Marc Singer! Had such a crush on him from V, once. lol

....guess I've been on the low-budget, B movie kick....

Twilight Zone + Richard Matheson = awesome. "Little Girl Lost."

That House Hunting film turned out to be not so bad...as long as you forget about trying to make sense of the various plot threads and just enjoy it vicariously. Because there is no sense to be made. :lol:

I watched Moon last night.  Thought it was a good film and a throwback to films like 2001 and Silent Running.  Sam Rockwell does a good job in the main character role.

Has anyone seen Moon's director Duncan Jones' SOURCE CODE?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I watched Moon last night.  Thought it was a good film and a throwback to films like 2001 and Silent Running.  Sam Rockwell does a good job in the main character role.

Has anyone seen Moon's director Duncan Jones' SOURCE CODE?

Yup, Moon is one of the greater sci-fi movies in recent years.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Saw Django Unchained.

The first half had me in stitches. Christopher Waltz is da best. Not usually into slapstick but that head-bag scene was hilarious (and largely the only straight slapstick in the film). The 2nd half was still good, just not quite as much. Were/are they setting up for a sequel or something, because it sure felt like it. DiCaprio was good in his role too, altho by the end I had my usual issue with feeling like he just isn't quite up to the task. He gets really close, but not quite there. Maybe it's his voice, not my personal preference.

My husband's quote: "All that film needed to top it off was a Steve Buscemi rant."

Anyway, A for the first half, B for the 2nd half and A++ for Mr. Waltz.

New Man of Steel trailer. I don't get the Zack Snyder hate.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

*struggles to load/watch the trailer* ... Why does YouTube suck so much lately. Goes from 32KB/sec to 400KB/sec and back and forth and stop and start half the time.

Anyway...I like that trailer best so far. Still a little too "new skool/serious" for my tastes, but I might enjoy it.