Movies You've Seen Recently

LadyCrimson

Punisher: War Zone was my favorite Punisher flick.

The 10 minute short film is better than either of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R6QLiNFHd8

Thomas Jane should do everything Punisher for now on.  I like the guy from Warzone, but he's no Thomas Jane.  I would like to see HBO do Punisher as a series, actually.  

Who is publishing it now, 2000AD or IDW? I can't seem to find any trades of it here in Houston.

Rebellion Developments are the publishers of Judge Dredd (having bought the rights from IPC/Fleetway).

2000 AD is the flagship comic/magazine, with the Judge Dredd Megazine also still being published in the UK.

IDW has the rights to do a US published Dredd book and to publish reprints (just like DC did for a few years).  Their color reprint of the 2000 AD series "Judge Dredd Classics" in single issues is supposed to have begun in May.  In September we get MARS ATTACKS JUDGE DREDD which should be worth a look, IMO.

Rebellion have published trades (the Judge Anderson Omnibus is sitting in my "to read" pile at home) but your comic shop has to import them (sadly I've only been able to find a handful of them).  I don't know when IDW plans to have the first trade of the Judge Dredd Classics Line out.

so, this Great Gatsby thing. never read the book, of course, but heard good things about the movie. then read a review, and the reviewer states that in the book it's implied that the main character is black, so knowing this gives a new dimension to a lot of scenes (the racist remarks made by other characters for example). and he says that if you're going to watch the movie just imagine that there's an african-american actor in DiCaprio's place, and the movie will make a lot more sense that way

how much truth is there to this?

I think the reviewer is reading something into the novel that isn't there.  Jay Gatsby definitely has changed his name and identity, but he was formally James Gatz, a 1st (or at least early) generation German-American as I recall.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've been trying to remember the name, but I can't. There's a shop online which sells Dredd and other 2000AD graphic novels. In electronic format. Which I know will excite you fondleslabbers.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've been trying to remember the name, but I can't. There's a shop online which sells Dredd and other 2000AD graphic novels. In electronic format. Which I know will excite you fondleslabbers.

"Fondleslabbers"? Wals, sometimmes I think you're too English for me to understand without a translator.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

2000ADonline.com sells them some of them in digital format on their website.

Comixology has the IDW series on its site.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Damn, the finale of season 3 for Boardwalk Empire was freaking great. That's what I want to see. Less Margaret and more action.

Watched Lawless. I can't say I really enjoyed it. Overhyped by my friends and I should have known better.

I watched a movie called "George and the Dragon" which is a bit of a revisionist take on the legend from a decade or so ago. Amusing bit of fantasy fluff.

Thomas Jane should do everything Punisher for now on. I like the guy from Warzone, but he's no Thomas Jane. I would like to see HBO do Punisher as a series, actually.

If Thomas Jane had done War Zone it would have been even better. I just liked War Zone because it did Punisher right. Punisher isn't about long drawn out revenge schemes, he's about a bullet between the eyes.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Thomas Jane should do everything Punisher for now on. I like the guy from Warzone, but he's no Thomas Jane. I would like to see HBO do Punisher as a series, actually.

If Thomas Jane had done War Zone it would have been even better. I just liked War Zone because it did Punisher right. Punisher isn't about long drawn out revenge schemes, he's about a bullet between the eyes.

Really? I feel like the Punisher (under Ellis at least) Had a lot of the more drawn out ridiculousness that populated the Jane movie. Seriously, the guy went all out in wiping out an entire crime family with as much planning as Jane.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Movie 43.

Stay away from this. It is terrifyingly bad.

I remember going to see that when it came out in theaters. I felt like I had just watched a feature length Family Guy with some A-list actors.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

The 10 minute short film is better than either of them.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R6QLiNFHd8

Really? I feel like the Punisher (under Ellis at least) Had a lot of the more drawn out ridiculousness that populated the Jane movie. Seriously, the guy went all out in wiping out an entire crime family with as much planning as Jane.

True, the Punisher is fond of complicated plans when the target is big enough. I liked that the Thomas Jane Punisher focused on that aspect rather than turning him into a generic action-film vigilante.

I wasn't a fan of his family being killed in a targetted hit either. The whole point of his origin was that it could have happened to anyone.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I wasn't a fan of his family being killed in a targetted hit either. The whole point of his origin was that it could have happened to anyone.

I also didn't like how they changed the origin from veteran to cop.

Does anyone here know where to find the Alan Moore Marvelman?

"Fondleslabbers"? Wals, sometimmes I think you're too English for me to understand without a translator.

I picked up the use from tech news site The Register. Yes, it's English. It's less syllables than "tablet computer".

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I picked up the use from tech news site The Register. Yes, it's English. It's less syllables than "tablet computer".

Yeah. I'm sorry. I got carried away and tried to be hip. Won't happen again, for a while.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

watched 'A Place Beyond The Pines'. Not what I expected, but a good movie still, good fathers-and-sons drama. though you can see all the plot twists coming a mile away.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Does anyone here know where to find the Alan Moore Marvelman?

Ebay + lots of money?

Travolta was even more terrible as the villain in Jane's Punisher than he was in Battlefield Earth.

Yeah it bothered me that the cool guy with the guitar died so quickly, he would have been a better villain than Travolta.

"Travolta was even more terrible as the villain in Jane's Punisher than he was in Battlefield Earth."

It's a dilemma. I like the Obsidian boards. I hate the Obsidian boards. Too much trolling going on.

I found John Travolta awesome in Punisher. To compare that performance to the **** known as Battlefield Earth is an embarassment to YOU not to Travolta.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone.

Light entertainment, a few smiles, a bit of magic,with  Steve Carrol, Steve Buscemi, and Jim Carey doing fairly solid performances with what they've got and Olivia Wilde adding a touch of sex appeal, whilst Alan Arkin, James Gandolfini and a bunch of others flesh out the support.

Unfortunately the main character isn't that likeable for most of the film, so that loses out some of the appeal, and the script seems a little choppy. 

With the talent they had, they really should have been able to get something a lot better.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."