Movies You've Seen Recently

LadyCrimson

Mogo is dead now so the only requirement now is the ability to overcome fear again.

Didn't they reboot from the ground up so nobody is around anymore except the "core" characters?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Star Trek.  Liked Benedict Cumbersomesurname  didn't care if Kirk or Spok lived or died. Peter Weller has come a long way since Robocop.

Must be all those David Lynch movies, he had a lot of presence.  I was actually rooting for him.

Why is the formatting doing that ?

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Hotel Translyvania: Eh. Meh. Bleh.

I liked it - laughed a lot during it actually (so much I hurt, to be honest).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Mogo is dead now so the only requirement now is the ability to overcome fear again.

Didn't they reboot from the ground up so nobody is around anymore except the "core" characters?

Green Lantern and Batman were their top selling books so they maintained the continuity on those.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Impossible - good acting (especially the young guy playing the older son), didn't seem too Hollywood for a based on true life disaster tale (a bit, but not as bad as some), tho a bit too much human drama for me (but it's well done human drama). It did, however, do what I wanted it to do ... make me go "can't even imagine...at least my life doesn't have/never had those kinds of problems."

Still, I think I'll stick to The Shawshank Redemption when I need a human spirit type of lift.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Great Gatsby.

It's a beautiful film, strongly acted, some incredible sets.

But yeah, by the end of the movie you pretty much loathe all the characters in it bar one.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"But yeah, by the end of the movie you pretty much loathe all the characters in it bar one."

Eh. The only ones I end up hating wholeheartedly are Wilson and Tom. The others don't do anything worth 'loathing'.

But, otherwise, agreed.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Jack, a CBC tv movie based on the life of Jack Layton, a prominent Canadian politician who died shortly after pulling the NDP out of what everyone thought was a perpetual third place position and into the official opposition spot.

I liked it, the guy who play Layton did a fantastic job, had his speech patterns and such down pretty much exactly. I do think it painted a slightly too rosy picture of Layton though. It pretty much just gushed about him the whole run time.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Trouble w/the Curve.

After the reviews/ads made it seem too smaltzy for my tastes, turns out it wasn't like that. Father/daughter drama and other stuff, but not overdone. So while not even close to Eastwood's best or even 2nd best work, it was a nice little picture, with baseball as a backdrop. The arrogant young batter who was the focus of the 1st pick contention was hilarious in his non-likability. Timberlake did ok (seen him do better) and I liked the overall ending of the film.

And Clint Eastwood can still say more with a single growl-sigh of a "hurrrr" than anyone.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"But yeah, by the end of the movie you pretty much loathe all the characters in it bar one."

Eh. The only ones I end up hating wholeheartedly are Wilson and Tom. The others don't do anything worth 'loathing'.

But, otherwise, agreed.

Wilson and Tom are pretty much loathesome on their own.

Hm, for those who don't know the story yet I'll throw this behind a spoiler to be safe.. ;)

Daisy for being so damn wishy-washy and utterly shallow, having that step back from the person she loves and then ignoring it all at the end.

Jordan is kind of so so, but she also has that shallow element and doesn't actually help Carraway, and again, ignores everything once that moment blows up and the deaths occur.

Gatsby, while likeable for the most part just hits the buttons because for a man as smart and capable as he is to be so idiotic on trying to recreate that one perfect moment from the past. I mean, sure there's being unable to let go of the past and trying to create a new future with the woman you love, but he isn't trying that. He's stuck on recreating it exactly as it was.

You get left with Carraway as the only character who really has any serious level of principles or likeability.

Everyone else I'd be pretty happy just throwing off the end of that dock.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Diasy - I don't think she is shallow. I think she is spoiled, sheltered, and careless. The fact that she isn't willing to thro her life away in the end just because Gatsby wants her to doesn't make her shallow. IMO, She is the most complex character. The only thing agaisnt her is leaving the swcene of the accident but Gatsby is just as much at fault.

Jordan - She is as shallow as a pool of rain water. She basicaly has no emotional reaction to anything.

Gatsby - I think he's very likeable but there is a lot of patheticness behind his surface success and charm. This is shown in the intiial meeting with Daisy as literally acts like a 10 year old boy with his first crush not a grown 32 year old man meeting an old love. I understand nervvousness but that ws Peter Pan like.

Myrtle - Yeah, she is a cheater but, hey, unlike her husband, at least she didn't lock anyone up like a prisoner. She should have simply gotten a divorce.

Calloway - Yeah, he can be likeable but he doesn't do anything. He just picks his nose. Maybe if he was more of a man and did something the tragedy at the end could have been stopped.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Isn't that rather the point?

I was curious to see how a modern audience of youngers would react.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

How do you kill a planet? Did Darth Vader pass by?

He was posessed by Krona who was making him create thousands more green lanterns under his control, so John Stewart, who had an indigo ring at the time, which can mimic other colors powers drew on the black energy to create a giant gun that he fired at mogo's core, causing him to explode.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Jack Reacher on Blu-ray. Good movie, I hope they make more Jack Reacher movies.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Benicio Del Toro signed a multi-picture deal with Marvel for a leading role in Guardians of the Galaxy. Supposedly his role will make a major impact on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Theory most people are going for is he's Thanos. I'm holding out hope for Adam Warlock.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Isn't Thanos going to be Avengers 2 main villain?

that's the general belief, but because he doesn't have a lot of recognition outside comic readers, some people think they will introduce him in Guardians so they can get right to it in Avengers 2. The major theory is Avengers 2 will deal with the Infinity Guantlet, so setting up Adam Warlock and Thanos in Gurdians would make sense, so Avengers 2 isn't bogged down with origins.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The most recent Die Hard movie. I wasn't expecting much, but I figured at least it'd have that Die Hard fun action. Instead it felt like rather random explosions and chases, wrapped around a poorly written plot and seasoned with dull dialogue bits. Bruce Willis felt like he was just "phoning it in." Not much life there.

The actor playing his son wasn't too bad, with the thin material he was given. Looking him up, I guess he's pretty new to the US acting scene. Maybe he'll go somewhere.

• Like 1

The most recent Die Hard movie. I wasn't expecting much, but I figured at least it'd have that Die Hard fun action. Instead it felt like rather random explosions and chases, wrapped around a poorly written plot and seasoned with dull dialogue bits. Bruce Willis felt like he was just "phoning it in." Not much life there.

The actor playing his son wasn't too bad, with the thin material he was given. Looking him up, I guess he's pretty new to the US acting scene. Maybe he'll go somewhere.

That's why I steered clear. Thanks for confirming. Annoying how Hollywood can reduce films down to the WRONG bare essentials. Like somebody reducing spaghetti sauce to just tomato seeds.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.