Gorth

Topic I was not expecting... :skeptical:

Sorry to hear about your ass tho.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Always something wrong with you people.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I sure wish I hadnt Googled anal fistulas. :(

That's why I use DuckDuckGo for some things ... no pictures in the results etc. :lol:

Anyway I hope everyone's anuses are ok. Signing off for now.

...  rofl.gif ...

But yes, Calax, doctor sounds advisable. Hope it's just one of the minor external things like a friction fissure.

....and today I'm headed to the hardware store to buy some stuff for a yard project I want to do this weekend.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's a multitude of them actually, that'll probably take me all Spring to get around to doing.

....essentially, I'm not a suburbian yard-upkeep person (neither is hubby, outside of mowing the lawns) and I want a yard that doesn't require very much of it. Which is difficult because the 3 big backyard trees and dozens of neighborhood streetside maples and all their leaves + afternoon winds, which severely limits choices because you have to be able to rake the leaves away (so stuff like tanbark/small pebble groundcover doesn't work). :p

edit: this weekend it'll be a lot of ugly bush/palm and rose bush uprooting.

There's these dirt sections between cement patio and lawn and I hate these things:

backyard-0045.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Further:

The scraggly rosebushes in far left top pic gotta go, and the random "wild" bushes/seedlings in the dirt areas between lawn and fence gotta go (it's a lot more overgrown/full of tree branches/crap now than in the pics, btw).

backyard-0043c.jpg

backyard-0044.jpg

But I'm a little stumped what to do about those fence-dirt areas when I have to rake up stuff like this every few days in fall/winter (or can take it when I ignore the leaves for too long...)...those ugly plants lining the driveway gotta go, too.

winterleaves3b.jpg

• Like 1

Nice Lady C, it looks like some quality homegrown weed in your garden. You rock !!! 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Nice Lady C, it looks like some quality homegrown weed in your garden. You rock !!! 8)

Hahaha ;) That's some kind of scraggly-growing Japanese maple. I might leave that there, since I think they're kinda expensive. Tho it'd be nice if I could transplant it elsewhere.
  • Like 1

Whew first night in a long time with nothing urgent that has to be done or deadline long overdue or some friend who temps me with cheap alcohol and fun.. Sooo, should I call my flirt and sleep at her place or actually, for once in a month, get enough sleep.. ?

Fortune favors the bald.

For myself, I'd vote sleep, but that's because I already have a live-in spouse who knows it's best not to wake me out of a sound sleep for anything less than a fire, unless he likes being hit in the face with a flailing arm while being crankily cussed out. :biggrin:

...but if that wasn't the case, and I wasn't so tired that I might actually face-plant into a plate of food or something, I'd probably go for the company. :cat:

You'll get enough sleep when youre dead. Time to call the flirt.

Although there was some recent study that claimed that lack of sleep can age a man's sex life 10-15 years....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Sleep, it's more important and it's better for you in the long run.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Since I've had a computer out in the living area, black kitty likes to stand up against deskchair, putting one paw on my shoulder while propping his chin in the crook of my elbow or against upper arm to give me the cutesy big-eyed stare. He'll stand in that position for long minutes, occasionally taking paw off shoulder to try to pat my face. I wish I could get a picture, it's soooo adorable. :wub:

Grey kitty loves to be petted and chases sticks but he's not cuddly or cutesy demanding. He's more the quietly sits next to you on the patio while you're meditating, sort. Which is awesome on a sunny day when I'm sitting outside.

I know I probably say it too much but I love owning cats. They make me so happy. :cat:

• Like 3

Since I've had a computer out in the living area, black kitty likes to stand up against deskchair, putting one paw on my shoulder while propping his chin in the crook of my elbow or against upper arm to give me the cutesy big-eyed stare. He'll stand in that position for long minutes, occasionally taking paw off shoulder to try to pat my face. I wish I could get a picture, it's soooo adorable. :wub:

Grey kitty loves to be petted and chases sticks but he's not cuddly or cutesy demanding. He's more the quietly sits next to you on the patio while you're meditating, sort. Which is awesome on a sunny day when I'm sitting outside.

I know I probably say it too much but I love owning cats. They make me so happy. :cat:

You can never have enough cute cat stories, why can't you take pictures?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Christ, this is crazy. Beyond my health issues, which I'm gonna try to deal with on friday. I'm spending about 12 hours in Des Moines doing training. It's pretty lucrative for me (probably gonna get over time this week for little effort) but it's still time consuming and tiring.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

That's a nice yard, LC.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Christ, this is crazy. Beyond my health issues, which I'm gonna try to deal with on friday. I'm spending about 12 hours in Des Moines doing training. It's pretty lucrative for me (probably gonna get over time this week for little effort) but it's still time consuming and tiring.

lucrative is good. tiring doesn't have to be bad.

I'm curious, what kind of training do you give?

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Spent  most of the day so far buried in bed with a nasty headache and trying to let my thoughts roam. Forced myself up now as it's a little better and I needed some food and tea. Now checking emails and wotnot trying to focus on figuring out what needs to be done in the last few hours of the afternoon.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

lucrative is good. tiring doesn't have to be bad.

I'm curious, what kind of training do you give?

It's management stuff. I'm ServSafe Certified right now, and am getting certified as a manager with McDonalds. It's a lot of explanations about "How little things add up" and sort of leadership skills. Basically a stereotypical conference that you see in some RomCom that's only used as a backdrop for some stupid thing happening.

Among other things, they're trying to teach us what customers are looking at in the store, how to motivate the crew to be better, and how to save serious money. The two biggest things they're hitting you about money is A) "Hidden minutes" where an employee clocks in for a few minutes early while they get ready, or just like 3 minutes before they are scheduled. When you extrapolate that it ends up that 3 minutes per shift, every day comes out to about 150 bucks a year, per person.

Pulled 10 hours today, 12 yesterday, and got probably another 8-10 tomorrow from this. I have to get up at 6 am for the classes (they start at 8 in Des Moines and it's been taking us an hour to get there with the weather), so my life has been quite tiring.

I don't think I could do it. Being a manger in a big company that is. I guess I sort of am now but the only person in my company I work closely with is another engineer who is also a partner in the company. I think what would drive me nuts about it Calax is that by now you have invested a lot of effort to advance. It isn't just a low wage job for spending money for you. But to 99% of the people you will be in charge of it will be just that.

BTW are they helping with your tuition when you get back in?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They aren't. I'm not even in a field related to restaurant management so there's no way to get that. In theory, I can actually be put entirely through school by my company to become a manager at their store. Mostly I'm doing this for resume fodder, and am debating, after it's done, asking to swap to another store just because I'm realizing how terrible the management core is at my current one. Even though we're the busiest store, several things that should be done, aren't, which instead generates more work for everyone else.

Also, the store I'd be looking at seems to have less of a college crowd, and a different customer base. Still same franchise, so the owners wouldn't lose their investment.

And GD, if you ever went in and worked at a McDonalds, you'll find that except for maybe four people, McDonalds is always going to be a low wage job that nobody gives a crap about. Part of that is due to popular stigma of it being the "lowest of the low" employments, and the first job many high schoolers take, but a lot of it stems from the fact that even as a manager, your base pay is only a tiny bit better than the dumbass who just started after getting out of jail for kicking somebodies teeth in. (I think the difference here is a total of 60 cents from minimum wage)

I technically didn't even really get a pay raise when I was promoted to manager, because I was able to come in with McD's paystubs wayyyy above Iowa minimum wage (yay California minimum wage). By the time I got bumped up in the fall, I was earning an extra quarter on top of what the new managers start at. If a company came to me and asked me to be the logistical coordinator/HR manager for them for 10 bucks an hour? I'd happily take it and give my store the finger.

Although if I made the right moves I could go total "Chaney" and get half the other managers fired for having inappropriate work attitudes. And have one of them sent back to Chicago on a FTA warrant.