Gorth

Szczesney was excellent today. Now to go out and play some football in the snow wearing my.... Van Persie shirt  :disguise:

Szczesney was excellent today. Now to go out and play some football in the snow wearing my.... Van Persie shirt  :disguise:

Make sure you tell your team the little boy inside you is telling to you to play for them :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

^I read the guy's manifesto. If true, it will make one hell of a movie.

Is that the full manifesto, or the edited copy? I saw a couple of bits about how they'd edited out chunks of his pro-obama, anti-nra rhetoric or some such...

http://armedpatriots.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44&p=81#p81

Holy ****, I read it end to end. That's some righteous anger. If it were an RPG, this man would pick the paladin class no doubt about it.

I believe his sincerity and the things he describes are certainly vile and unjust.

And yeah it would make one hell of a movie.

But how would you cast him? As D-fens in falling down? As an anti-hero? or as a bad guy.

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

We went to the market today. I've never had so many people ask me if I want to buy dope in such a short period of time. One was a very old Rastafarian who reeked of urine.

Good times!

• Like 2

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

^I read the guy's manifesto. If true, it will make one hell of a movie.

Is that the full manifesto, or the edited copy? I saw a couple of bits about how they'd edited out chunks of his pro-obama, anti-nra rhetoric or some such...

http://armedpatriots.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44&p=81#p81

Holy ****, I read it end to end. That's some righteous anger. If it were an RPG, this man would pick the paladin class no doubt about it.

I believe his sincerity and the things he describes are certainly vile and unjust.

And yeah it would make one hell of a movie.

But how would you cast him? As D-fens in falling down? As an anti-hero? or as a bad guy.

I guess he's more akin to Gerad Butler's character in "Law Abiding Citizen", justified in his cause vilified by his method.

The man has after all killed the daughter of his lawyer and taunted the father in a phone call. 

Still the police are not in the right here since they have only proved their corruption by the mass panic they have created and the two innocents they sent to the hospital.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I think i'm going to re-evaluate my friendships... my life is getting stupid.

if you're going to break all ties with your current friends, please do so in a grandiose spectacular manner. By which I don't mean to call them all up to tell them what you always have thought of them, but rather something akin to secretly taking them to a gay bar to see a donkey show and continuously inviting them to S&M clubs until they stop speaking to you.

That should relieve some of our boredom (your's included) and make some interesting stories to tell the children someday.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

First day of the holiday without a bazillion errands to run... Good easy breakfast, soon off for a pizza and a final movie at my old apartment with a buddy. Good times. Need to getmy workout on next week, though.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ho-ho, this gets better and better. This is playing like a movie already.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Geez, found out some news about an old friend I haven't spoken to in months. After years of health issues that doctor's could never figure out (breathing issues, blood issues, passing out due to unexplained "heart murmers" and assorted other things), she was in hospital for a minor surgery over christmas, and the doctors finally discovered a growth.

A 9 pound fibrous growth. Wrapped around her womb and up, compressing her lungs and internal organs.  It had never been picked up on before, and previous doctors had just told her she needed to lose weight. >_< Apparently what was meant to be a not-so-long surgery turned into a 5 hour event.

Afterward that surgeon was amazed she'd been in class teaching, because women with growths half that size had basically become house bound due to the problems it can cause.

Kind of highlights the fact that you still need to take doctors with a grain of salt. I mean she'd had these problems for years without it being diagnosed correctly.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Geez, found out some news about an old friend I haven't spoken to in months. After years of health issues that doctor's could never figure out (breathing issues, blood issues, passing out due to unexplained "heart murmers" and assorted other things), she was in hospital for a minor surgery over christmas, and the doctors finally discovered a growth.

A 9 pound fibrous growth. Wrapped around her womb and up, compressing her lungs and internal organs.  It had never been picked up on before, and previous doctors had just told her she needed to lose weight. >_< Apparently what was meant to be a not-so-long surgery turned into a 5 hour event.

Afterward that surgeon was amazed she'd been in class teaching, because women with growths half that size had basically become house bound due to the problems it can cause.

Kind of highlights the fact that you still need to take doctors with a grain of salt. I mean she'd had these problems for years without it being diagnosed correctly.

Thats actually scary, the reality of a misdiagnosis  :blink:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

...that is scary that after multiple years and what I assume was likely multiple doctors/tests, no one ever caught something like that. Always push your doctor....they're as fallible as anyone else.

...late night, waking up, bleary eyed, drinking water and wishing it was caffeine. I think another week is long enough for the caffeine break.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guys I have just watched an excellent  2 hour documentary on History Channel called Miracle Rising: South Africa. I wanted to watch it first before I endorsed it to see if it was historically accurate and it is. Its an evocative and insightful view of the last years of Apartheid and our  first non-racial election , anyone who is interested in how South Africa achieved such a radical political change without a civil war needs to watch it.

Some of you are probably thinking "meh" I'm sure its a good documentary but how is this relevant to me? How Apartheid ended  in South Africa highlights the important example of how compromise and reconciliation can avert war and violence if there is political will. And thats one of the most  important lessons you should get from this movie, this lesson can be applied to certain conflicts nowadays. Like the  issues between the Israeli's and Palestinians, so it is applicable.

It is a bit depressing at times when you see the level of violence perpetuated by people on both sides of the conflict  but end of the day its a shining example of the indomitable spirit of human beings and the great things they can achieve despite a troubled past.

So try to watch it on History Channel :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

an excellent 2 hour documentary on History Channel

impossible.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

an excellent 2 hour documentary on History Channel

impossible.

Well its about 90 minutes long, but with advert breaks its nearly 2 hours :)

John Milton 

haha, yeah, I was commenting on the quality I've seen from the history channel so far. So I'm biased against them.

---

I do not approve of the Arsenal fans gathering here.  :bat:

Uh oh, Spurs fan ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gamed w/hubby a bit, showered, maybe a short walk (it's a nice late winter day), some taco's ... then I think Walking Dead starts up again tonight? I hope so ... I kinda like having something to watch early Sunday evening.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts