Gorth

Edit: Found it..

It doesn't mean anything, a family called Berling took over the paper at some time in the 1800s and in 1833 changed the name to Berlingske Politiske og
Avertissementstidende
. Then 1936 it was shortened to Berlingske Tidende.

Fortune favors the bald.

just got home to an ambulance pulling up outside

i guess my flatmate didn't take the funeral last week too well as he's tried overdosing

fun times...

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I'm sorry to hear that, Shryke. :(

Feeding my cats, then time to curl up with a book and fall asleep in the pages.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Edit: Found it..

It doesn't mean anything, a family called Berling took over the paper at some time in the 1800s and in 1833 changed the name to Berlingske Politiske og

Avertissementstidende. Then 1936 it was shortened to Berlingske Tidende.

It's part of the danish press review package I still get from my old job (forgot to take me off the mailing list). So I get to read the odd article from that, Jyllandsposten, Politiken etc.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Well, that sucks. I have this vague recollection the chandelier had already been toned down a bit the last time I saw it three years ago. Still at Her Majesty's Theatre, though?

They're doing the national tour again, so it's down South at the moment. I did go to London and see it some years ago, and that was worthwhile.

But yes, the chandalier is much toned down. It used to be hanging closer to the theatre balcony and would actually drop and swing down above the audiences head before "landing" on the stage. Now it just kind of does some popping and light flickering and minor flash burst effects. Certainly not as dramatic.

They have a big, semi-circular revolving wall/set piece that helps transfer from one set to another which is some slick, and I kind of admire the technical aspect of it, but they've turned that into the decent to the underground with steps that slowly project out and form great shadows... but I have to admit I miss the old school "see-saw" type runway in the fog that they used to use. It seemed a touch more moody and evocative...

When Masquerade starts up, they've taken away the grand staircase design, turned it into a big flashy mirrored ballroom. Which makes the masquerade dance a lot more effective, but theh Phantom's entrance doesn't have quite the same oomf as his appearance on the stairs. And it also means they can't do the puff of smoke and the Phantom leaving through a trapdoor in the floor. Now it's just a case of pyrotechnics to the side to "scare" the crowd and he strides out the doors.

And now the Phantom pulls a direct Obi-Wan style disapearance at the end. They no longer have that throne/chair in his lair that he settles into and then sinks in while covered in his cape.  Now they actually have the mob find him there as he's wearing a big bulky hooded cloak, Meg Giry grabs his "shoulders", he takes a step.. and then the whole cloak flutters to the floor as if he's joined the Force and Become More Powerful Then You Could Ever Imagine with no Phantom or body in it.

The music box is big and bulky..and the monkey is teeny-tiny. Which is kind of amusing.

But seriously, the performances were all top notch. The music is good, although a couple of times they had it just at that point where it loud enough to swamp out the singing.

Still entertaining, some interesting changes, but I don't think they all worked.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Thanks for the play-by-play. The fireball firing staff is still there, I take it? :D

It's perfect watching for a sad **** like myself, I need to go check it out again on my next London excursion.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Went to dance lessons.

Group lessons and the group was about twenty people, so way too large for my liking.

*grumble* people shouldn't be allowed to take more salsa lessons than ballroom lessons if they are taking both *grumble* they pick up terrible habits *grumble*

Ballroom or Latin or both? I did some dancing during my teenage years, and I loved it.

Today I went to the gym.

I hadn't gone for a year, what with me thinking I'd be moving I'd cancelled my subscription. I had forgotten how good it feels to work up a good sweat.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Watching a snow squall blow in from the north, this nice encroaching fog drawing ever nearer.  Also a water pipe is busted in the ceiling so is spitting out water now and then from the AC unit.  It is a slow day.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Last day at old workplace. Lots of people claimed to be sad to see me go. Believed most of them. Now more tired than I've probably ever been, including while in the army. :p

Ballroom or Latin or both? I did some dancing during my teenage years, and I loved it.

Today I went to the gym.

I hadn't gone for a year, what with me thinking I'd be moving I'd cancelled my subscription. I had forgotten how good it feels to work up a good sweat.

Both. My Ballroom is better than my Latin. Got a fairly good frame and the right build for it. So my european tango used to be my strongest dance, probably followed by my waltz. Foxtrot is seriously lacking in ladies over here, so no chance to really practice it. My rumba and cha cha are fairly good. I enjoy swing but find it hard to lead more than a few open breaks and turns. I do not enjoy mambo and it shows. I understand that there are people who like samba, but do not count myself among them.

Tried to learn some quickstep and viennese waltz, but around these parts people only learn that for competitions, so had little chance to try.

Haven't been to the gym in two years myself. I just get bored of it so easily.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Today I went to the gym.

Both. My Ballroom is better than my Latin. Got a fairly good frame and the right build for it. So my european tango used to be my strongest dance, probably followed by my waltz. Foxtrot is seriously lacking in ladies over here, so no chance to really practice it. My rumba and cha cha are fairly good. I enjoy swing but find it hard to lead more than a few open breaks and turns. I do not enjoy mambo and it shows. I understand that there are people who like samba, but do not count myself among them.

Tried to learn some quickstep and viennese waltz, but around these parts people only learn that for competitions, so had little chance to try.

Haven't been to the gym in two years myself. I just get bored of it so easily.

it is Boring with a capital B. still, it felt good.

As for dancing, it became too expensive for me.

My favourite was the Paso Doble, which I have completely forgotten. I love the Cha-Cha because you can do so much with it. I liked the mambo, but don't ask me to do it today. European tango I never got very far with, but that does mean I remember how to do it :) I liked both the English and the Viennese waltz. the irony is that most people I know who can do a little, know the salsa, which is something I actually never learned. Samba was nice too. As for the Foxtrot, 4 steps in a 3-step timing, yeah, never worked for me. that is tough.

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

My left testicle hurts a bit, and when it gets jostled it causes some pain in my left side.  Super lame.

Was going to ask who kicked you in the nuts, but remembered your operation.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Spent the entire day in class.

I remember talking about how I was transferring out of my local community college into a state college/university sometime ago. Well I did that and starting this semester I attend Richard Stockton College of New Jersey.

It's a pretty good place so far. I one main complaint so far is the commute, I was a rather last minute addition to the roster (admissions thought I didn't pay any processing fees when in fact I did, sent a shock through their offices so I'm told) so I wasn't able to rent an apartment for the semester. Commuting ~ two hours everyday is economically crippling for a student. Good news is I'm in the process of looking for an on campus job in the computer department to help with the expenses.

My other complaint is it's located in the pine lands of NJ. To those outside NJ this means about 3-5 mins on the road once you leave the campus it turns into hicksville rather quickly. Upside is it's only 20 minutes from atlantic city.  :dancing: 

Edited by Syraxis

My left testicle hurts a bit, and when it gets jostled it causes some pain in my left side.  Super lame.

You know how sometimes guys say things like "I'm so glad I'm not a woman?" This is one of those times where the reverse applies. ;)

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Decided I'd ask Raithe. Noticed he's not danish either. Got confused. Realized Raithe and Rosbjerg are two different people.

~~

Yeah, that's what they want you to think.

##

In other news, I was too lazy to go get some socks while sitting playing games this evening. Put my gloves on my feet.

Most annoyed no one has come round to the door so I could freak them out.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We're the same person.. in different bodies.   Exactly.

Had a batch of awkward sleeping this week. Or rather, not getting to sleep until around 4amish. Had grinding headache and pretty much went through the day with my brain half shut off.

Just spent the last hour soaking in a hot tub and skim-reading Servant of the Empire once more.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I actually sometimes confuse myself with Rostere.. I guess we really all are Cants alts.

So the date went bad ... and then great! Long story short, I ****ed up a little, so I won't be dating her again - but 'we' decided to be friends - but by a joyous twist of fate she also decided to be my winglady for the evening (yes!) since "I shouldn't waste such a good evening going home alone".. She actually hooked me up with a smokingly hot girl from Turkey, who was traveling through Europe.. Win! and the girl said she was coming back to Denmark to study in the fall and wanted to hook up again.. WIN!

This goes out to the brunette, my hero! (was it you Gorgon?)

tumblr_lwudxidwA61qbbi50.gif

Fortune favors the bald.

I actually sometimes confuse myself with Rostere.. I guess we really all are Cants alts.

So the date went bad ... and then great! Long story short, I ****ed up a little, so I won't be dating her again - but 'we' decided to be friends - but by a joyous twist of fate she also decided to be my winglady for the evening (yes!) since "I shouldn't waste such a good evening going home alone".. She actually hooked me up with a smokingly hot girl from Turkey, who was traveling through Europe.. Win! and the girl said she was coming back to Denmark to study in the fall and wanted to hook up again.. WIN!

Dude. The next time I tell you not to do X or wind up in the friendzone, will you believe me or push your luck for another happy accident? :p

My caffeine consumption has been skyrocketing the past month or so ... attempting to scale back. Typically I just have 2 or 3 cans of diet Dew a day and that's about it. Over months however, or during stress, or obsessive game playing, it can go up and up. Sometimes it goes back down again, sometimes ... not.  The sad thing is, it's not so much the caffeine (tho that's definitely part of it) but that in general, I really don't like the taste of many drinks. Can't drink most fruit juice very often, don't like tea, don't like milk (as a drink drink, it's more a food), don't like booze, don't like most other soda flavors (diet or sugar).

*drinks her water, grumpily*

Accident? I take offense to that.. But yeah, I'll take your advice in to more consideration next time heh.

Good, that level of self confidence will help. ;)

• Like 1