What you did today

Gorth

Heh, he does remind me of Air Force One in that one, in spots. Is he mostly voicing characters that do cutscenes like that? It's nice he gets a huge speech. As opposed to Worthington who's doing a player character with all the brief play-time lines, I think. Anyway, thanks for posting the vid. Kinda cool.

Saw some outlandish game show with Howie Mandel as the host. He's definitely good at that role...makes the show seem more watchable than it really is. :lol:

Time to watch some Netflix, then sleep.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finished writing my internship report for my masters. Fixed two typos in it and spend yesterday formatting it.

Looking forward to re-doing the cover page when I get home from the office.

My deadline is the 31st, so I am feeling really wierd being done two weeks early.

The people at the office threw a "going away" party since this is my last week here. Where party means having drinks at 8am. And drinks means having one, far from full glass.

Now I need job...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Its my last 2 days of work before I go on leave till the 14/01/2012.

I am still busy despite the fact many people are on leave and most companies are in there end of year freeze so we can't make any changes to there systems.

But its all good because I can feel that wonderful holiday spirit just around the corner :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Lucky bastard :p

I got two weeks off after Friday and is on "stand by" for the support department (as an escalation point) during the first week. Still waiting for some XO Cognac to arrive with Australia Post before feeling the Christmas "spirits" ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hm, one of those rare moments when I have the house to myself (well, if you don't include the dogs and cat). Decorations are all up and sorted. Mom's at a lengthy hospital/doctors appointment checkup.

Having a bit of grr thoughts over the girl I can't seem to get over, and thinking that after a year of "work" as such, while I know that intellectually it's given me things like stuff on my cv, and references, it hasn't actually given me anything "solid". So all sorts of effort, but nothing to really show for it.

Having that slightly odd head space, so trying to distract myself with various assorted random things.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Its my last 2 days of work before I go on leave till the 14/01/2012.

I am still busy despite the fact many people are on leave and most companies are in there end of year freeze so we can't make any changes to there systems.

But its all good because I can feel that wonderful holiday spirit just around the corner :)

I'm assuming you mean 2013, and not travelling back in time :p

I have 4 days left until my two week break. Friday will probably be odd.

• Like 1

End of Year Review time at work. Get to hear how much I suck at my job :p Rather stressing week, this week.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Heard our HR manager sent out an email today that I'm going to continue until the end of June.

*scratches head*

Not sure I'll agree to it.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Heard our HR manager sent out an email today that I'm going to continue until the end of June.

*scratches head*

Your workplace sounds a bit schizophrenic

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Alternated between watching a PBS broadcast of The Fab Four (a very good Beatles tribute band) "Ultimate Tribute" show and the last episode of The Voice. Musically, I preferred The Fab Four, but seeing Peter Frampton and Terry McDermott sing "Baby I Love Your Way" together was pretty cool.

I know it's popular to dislike/rag on the Beatles now, but I still love 'em.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Made a big bowl of Caesar salad (just a simple one) to go with dinner tonight, but since I made it ahead of time, hubby and I polished it off already. :disguise: My fave store-bought Caesar dressing is Brianna's Asiago. A bit strong flavored, but awesome.

After dinner, we'll be settling in to watch that remake of Total Recall. Heat and blankets to chase the cold weather away, good food, movie ... another awesome day in Candyland!

Got home today for a few days of respite from taking care of the parents (and for some actual showing up at work). As mentioned earlier in the thread, Mom is recovering from a hip replacement, and Dad went and broke his fibula not 2 days after Mom came home from the rehab facility. He had surgery last Friday but is under strict orders to keep his ankle elevated until the New Year. The wife and I just spent a week at their house, before handing "custody" back to my sister (who is more local, but who also has a 20-month-old daughter to watch).

We'll be heading back sometime this weekend to help out and to join the more-extended-family holiday gathering.

• Like 2

About to get into a fight with my school because I had a bad semester and my gpa isn't fantastic (because I failed calc and never retook it)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"Discovered 53GB of files. Copying. Estimated time 30 minutes."

....I need faster USB.

*scratches head*

Your workplace sounds a bit schizophrenic

Tell me about it. Had another pretty bad tachycardia attack yesterday (with vomiting, which is apparently A Very Bad Thing) so wound up getting my immediate sick leave extended until the end of the week, so no work until next Thursday. Also they're going to run a lot more tests after the holidays. Starting to look like my career won't be over because my boss wrecks my reputation, but because my heart packs up.:p

Currently crashed on my mom's sofa, watching nfl gamepass.

Oh, and I became officially a doctor on Tuesday, had the first three doctor dinner with my parents. Which was nice in a ****ty week.

Also don't go and shoot up your workplace or anything. My job just gives me headaches and the urge to cry, so I guess I'm lucky in that aspect.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I just crash my computer and yell obscenities at my screen a lot.

Getting ready to move. Since the place I lived in was a dump, I'm actually quite relieved, even if me and my girlfriend of six years have to temporarily live at my parents place until we find a place of our own - which I'm sadly waitlisted for due to there being more people who want to rent homes than there are homes to rent.

Oh, I think of that, often. I'm an only child, so my parents have been more like parents, siblings, scientific collaborators, and, dare I say it,best friends to me. Frankly, I'm more likely to pull a McQueen than go postal.:p