How often is it necessary to visit the forums?

Not my favourite thing: fora/forums.

I do think I should pop back di tanto in tanto just to see if I have my badge yet, but other than that as I see this whole process it's a case of Obsidian getting on with it and letting me know occasionally when anything of note happens or more involvement from me is required.

BUT of course I don't want to miss out on anything salient.

How does one strike a balance?

Ta.

"People dislike the popular because it's crap"

"HTH. Because it means I can talk down to you some more."

"I can do you a quote a day, but you'll have to pay. Preferably with suicide."

"You want original? Why? It's not as though that's ever touched your life before."

"A woman scorned is a fun thing. Let's boogie."

I think their hopeful intention is to make "updates" once every week or couple weeks. So if those are all you're interested in, I'd say yes, just check the P.E. official page or the Announcement forum here a few times a month. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Minimum required number of times is 42/day!

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

How often is it necessary to visit the forums?

You should at least be visiting the forums on the last Sunday of every month. Should you choose not to, the fabric which makes up the existence you believe yourself to be a part of will begin unraveling and you will suffer unending madness.

Sadly reading the forums even as little as the last Sunday of every month will probably *also* result in unending madness.

Its a vicious cycle! :aiee:

Seriously I'll use me and Wasteland 2 as an example - I only occasionally lurk over there because I've played *maybe* 5 minutes worth of the original game. I don't really have any strong opinions on how the game "should" or "could" be, so am content to see what happens. Unlike with PE where I've played all the IE games and all of the Obsidian games so many more opinions (even if, ultimately, I'm okay with just seeing what Obsidian comes up with here too).

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Minimum required number of times is 42/day!

What are you saying? Just don't close the browser. :lol: That's right--I only visit once a day. Honest.

How the hell do I have over 900 posts? :ermm:

If you don't like forums, skip them entirely! Go to http://eternity.obsidian.net

Though to be honest, I liked the Kickstarter updates because those were always emailed out. I don't suppose Obsidian could do an email newsletter....

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Never visit the forums, now shoo, shoo!

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I once left the forum for two and a half days! then I came back yesterday.

Honestly though, unless you have very little do do than build your own hype all day, once or twice a week seems easily enough, spend 20 mins reading all the new threads. if you click on the white icon it automatically goes to the first unread post, so you won't have to get behind on the discussion.

it's a very active forum right now though, so you might have a lot of reading to catch up on, if you want to keep track of everything.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

@Amentep: I rarely go to the Wasteland 2 forum because the layout is extremely bothersome to the eye. I have serious difficulties to read whatever thread in there.

i don't remember it being THAT bad. *goes to look*

lol...I go there to look and the first thread I see is about romances...

Anyhow, looks to be okay to me, maybe a bit too busy with the background and all - I do prefer simple colors and all to textured background images.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well, personally I like all the talk. And so much... if you skip a day 8 new pages of new content waiting, it's crazy.

But if you (:() are not interested in talking I suggest just adding the announcement forum to watch, so you'll get any important updates from the devs made there in your inbox.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

it is an answer only you can answer for yourself I'm afraid. How much time do you want to spend on the forums?

If you are only wanting updates from oblivion then you don't really ever have to visit, the kickstarter page will highlight updates and email you, twitter and facebook will also keep you updated.

If you are interested in community discussion and speculation then visit as often as your free time and curiosity allow.

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

If you are only wanting updates from oblivion then you don't really ever have to visit

Yeah, I suggest the Bethesda boards instead ;)

(j/k, but the amount of times Obsidian and Oblivion get confused suprises me)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Does anybody know if they have an official notification mailing list set up? Thanks.

(j/k, but the amount of times Obsidian and Oblivion get confused suprises me)

Guilty. :shifty:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Optimally you will hire a personal assistant to refresh the forums every 3 minutes, make a note of any important developments, and given you verbal updates every hour on the hour. If that cannot be managed, personally checking in once per week or so should suffice.

Edited by Katrar