Let's see..

With Kickstarter, Amazon and PayPal taking their respective % share, Money spent on non-game goodies and shipping/handling and bouncing credit cards..:

They should now be getting a minimum of $3,2M to make the game. That's pretty decent.

ObsidianOrder_Viking_125px.png

The very first Diablo was a 16 level dungeon. That WAS the game. Sixteen levels of dungeon crawling, and only that. Just saying, Obsidian could easily build an entire game around the dungeon and nothing else. But we have two extra big cities, a stronghold, and a main storyline, along with god knows how many minor sidequests on top of this massive 15-level dungeon.

I'm so excited right now.

Also, yay for fancy playing cards!

Anyway, thanks for the quick update, Obsidian! Take your time, do it right, and keep us updated as you have time and/or notable things to mention. We love you guys!

Is The Guildmaster Darren Monahan, or is The Guildmaster just re-posting what Darren Monahan originally wrote?

It's like the Cadbury caramel secret. I want to know!

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I haven't read all the response here and on the Kickstarter, but I want to say one important thing:

A Steam game can be DRM free.

There's a list of such games on a GOG forum thread. These games can run without Steam being active. Some of them can be moved to another disk or PC by just copying the folder and would run correctly, even without Steam installed. That doesn't preclude Steam features, either. Some keep track of achievements and update them when the game connects to Steam.

I would love if Obsidian went that way. It's probably more work to implement things this way, but it would be the perfect combination of Steam and DRM free.

• Like 6

One question: Will we get an updated graphic for the dungeon depth? I quite enjoyed the reveal as it gets deeper. Is level 14-15 enough to get to the bottom of the giant statue? That'd be quite a feat!

And quite the feet too! :facepalm:

• Like 1

If nothing that we do matters then all that matters is what we do. - Whedon

OMG....15 levels.... :aiee: :aiee: :aiee:

I was thinking it might happen but didn't quite allow myself to believe it really would since I thought the chances were slim....and it was very close too. Came right down to the wire...but it happened, 15th level is a reality and this makes me very happy!!

If I remember correctly in a Q&A session someone at obsidian did say 15 was the goal(this was way back when the dungeon had like less than 6 levels and nobody thought it would reach 10....like a week ago lol).

Aside from that I am also glad to do a happy dance for the confirmation that the 4 mil goal was achieved.... :aiee: :aiee: :aiee:

And I am happy to be able to say I got confirmation from both Kckstarter and Amazon that my payment was processed without issues.

I know. It's pretty insane, right? 15 levels :w00t::yes:

Isnt it logical to think that at the bottom of a 15 level dungeon you find a dragon guarding a treasure? :w00t:

Edited by Niccolado

Is level 14-15 enough to get to the bottom of the giant statue? That'd be quite a feat!

If my geometrical proportion estimate is correct, the bottom of floor 15 would put it right about the ankle/top of the foot.

Little known fact: Od Nua was actually a midget god and therefore the feet are at approximately lvl 13. :D

Congratulations to the KS success beyond everyone's expectations! Now be a good guys and please give us the updated endless paths picture...

Plus could someone confirm the possibility to still get another level through facebook likes?

because if it's not possible, the last level could just have a high ceiling to fill the whole statue :) else we will just have to wait for level 16 :)

Im so excited about the endless paths :) I love the Legend of grimrock game and it does not have that many levels :) and this is just a piece of the game!

Congrats!

I hope attention will be paid to the ambient and location sounds . I was just recently replaying the baldurs gate series and I was impressed with the liveliness of the cities, taverns, and forests. Ive played BG countless times and I still get a grin on my face everytime I walk into the tavern and listen to track inside + patron/ambient sounds. Same goes for the burning corpse bar. Had a rough edge to it that makes it seem so real and vivid. I really hope we can get that kind of feeling again overall in PE sound-wise.

I know you guys have the graphics on track ! That screenshot gave me a nostalgia boner and I found myself reaching for the pledge button soon after.

Cheers :]

Edited by Many As One
  • Like 1

Endless paths ... Walk through the entrance you triggering a switch and suddenly you find your self plummeting down. When you come to, you feel you are a very, very long way from the surface. Your 15 levels down, closer to hell than the light. You hear distant sounds, unsure if it's screaming or a wind, wind down here? You stir, stand up, and dust yourself off. The air tastes stale, and dry, parching your lips. Its going to be a long walk to the top.

No need to start at the top is there :-

*fixed an emoticon :)

Edited by Paul D
  • Like 1

Congratulations on a massive kickstarter success! I'm really looking forwad to the game itself now :)

But a question: would it be possible to buy one of those awesome t-shirts at a later stage or is the physical tier rewards the only solution for this? (I chose a digital reward tier, but those t-shirts are looking pretty cool...)