Which tier did you choose?

I started out at $140 + $20 international shipping because I wanted the collectors edition.

After the Wasteland 2 announcment I upped my pledge to $250 + $30 international shipping.

The last few days I was thinking about upping my pledge to the $500 tier, just to help out OE. On Friday I was informed, that i will get a little extra payment this month. After a lot more thinking and calculating I decided to back the project with $1000 + $30 internatonal shipping. I know, that I don't have to add the shipping costs, but I want that every last cent goes into the project.

• Like 1

That's a pretty good list. However, "how much I can afford" is a pretty fuzzy concept. I live in the suburbs of an absurdly expensive city (most lists have it in the top five in the world) and my salary is adjusted accordingly, so I don't need to skimp on much to get even the $165 version. Come to think of it, it would be nice to have a spouse to limit my generosity for this kind of decision... though perhaps Obsidian would not appreciate it.

Sounds pretty much like me, except I do have a spouse. :)

On the rational end, you have to consider "what if I end up not even liking the game?" Not whether it's a good/bad game, but perhaps it just won't end up suiting your personal tastes.

My pledge is based on how much I'm willing to support Obsidian's desire to make an independent IP even if it turns out that I don't like/don't play the game itself all that much. Obviously I'm hoping/expecting I'll love it and play it to death, but one never knows.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I am ordinarily completely immune to this kind of reasoning -- the only exceptions are computer hardware and, it seems, games like this one.

Aye, same. Plus photography gear. ;)

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I am in the (enviable) position of having a bit of spare cash at the moment, so I went for $1033. (NPC design is just irresistible to me, but the remaining $33 is the Obsidian T-shirt and the Obsidian Order).

I would have been sorely tempted to go for the $5000 tavern/inn design, but that was closed already when I first heard about PE.

I started at $100 on the first day. Moved up to $140 not long after and then $250 after the Wasteland 2 addition, since I missed that kickstarter.

If a real donating frenzy happens on the final day I'm tempted to move up to $500, maybe even $1000 if we get close to the 3.5 million stretch goal.

Currently sitting at $500, but the chance to design a NPC is really tempting....

Don't forget about the limited 750 dollar tier. You could get your own troll :p

• Like 1

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

I am in the (enviable) position of having a bit of spare cash at the moment, so I went for $1033. (NPC design is just irresistible to me, but the remaining $33 is the Obsidian T-shirt and the Obsidian Order).

I would have been sorely tempted to go for the $5000 tavern/inn design, but that was closed already when I first heard about PE.

Are taverns closed on paypal though?

$50 reward tier + $8 obsidian order + $7 digital strategy guide + $25 beta key + $20 expansion = $110. Unfortunately I had to pay EUR 1000 last month for surgery for my cat otherwise I'd have gotten the $165 reward tier at least. Maybe I'll add more in a couple of months if it's still possible by then.

I pledged 250 Tier + T Shirt + Obsidian Order. This is the same amount I pledged to Wasteland 2. Normally I would never pay this much for a game but these types of games were my favorite in the 90s - early 2000's and I want to do all I can to support the devs like InXile and Obsidian who want to bring back the genres we love and to show that there is a market for these type of games still out there.

$250 reward tier + $30 shipping to Spain + $8 Order.

I think it's the most price-reward interesant tier, the $500 is too much for me looking at the extra stuff you get. Not that $250 is a small amount for a game, I've never paid so much for one before... though I'll get PE plus Wasteland 2 plus PE expansion, so...

Anyway, $250 was also the highest amount I can afford without being killed and buried in the basement by my fiancée :D

I selected the $65 tier as I'm not satisfied unless I have physical media in my grubby little paws.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

50 for the tier + 20 for the expansion +7 for the strategy guide + 5 for a forum collection drive ends up at a total of $83. I can't talk myself into donating much more than that I'm afraid.

Edited by Rheia

Got the 140$ tier, plus 20$ int shipping, 20$ expansion and 25$ Osidian t-shirt. Kinda miss my old job and its salary (studying right now), as I could've plead about 1000$ then, but this will have to suffice. I really want the physical rewards, so even if the int shipping is kinda annoying, it's worth it to me.