Which tier did you choose?

Well that escalated quickly....

Logged on to change address and finalise my pledge...Eyed off the various upgrades and higher tiers than the one I originally pledged for...  "Well....There's not that much extra above the $100 point that I want...but the $165 comes with another Wasteland 2 key I could gift too someone...and the expansion...and that 'unknown' replacement for the documentary....But I want that T-Shirt and the box..."

So I now have the signed tier because when it comes to companies I love I'm so weak willed towards upselling ;)

On the plus side this means I have the trifecta of 'Black Isle revival' signed boxes (Wasteland 2, Torment and Eternity).  The realisation of that possibility kinda cinched the decision and gutted my bank account...but oh well :p

At first I did a 29$ "Slacker Backer" pledge, then I upgraded it to the 110$ Digital Collectors edition + 20$ for Expansion.

Now I'm at 150$ after They built in the buy addon option and I was able to purchase the Digital Audio Book for +20$.

But in total the experience that I can be a part of this is Priceless.  :)

There are more things on earth and in the sky than you can dream about.

The $50 + $15 shipping one.

I only buy games new if they are in physical copies and don't require dvd / steam / uplay / origin platform once installed.    Looked into the $150(or 160?) physical collector one but didn't seem to be interested in the goods.  If the clothes/eye patch/mouse pads were artbooks & audio cds I might get it.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up around the 200ish or so range.  That is not exact, but the exact number is also meaningless.  Suffice to say if I could have had anything... I would have had the design an adventuring company/mercenary group whatever tier.  Sadly I am not independently wealthy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bit of a dilemma here. I pledged $35 at the beginning (before the $50 tier was even introduced), but that was just a placeholder pledge to get the update emails and such. Given all of the goodies in the $50 tier, I definitely plan to go at least that high. In addition, I would like to give a copy to my sister who loved Baldur's Gate 2, but hasn't played these games since. So that's basically the $80 tier (well, I could do $75, I suppose, but the difference is small and I would rather not bother with the ambiguity).

Now comes the problem: once I am at $80, it's only $30 to the $110 tier. That gets my name into the credits and a nice badge for the forum which I kind of like (there's also the beta access, but I don't care too much about that). And if I do pay $110, it's only $55 to the $165 tier which is a pretty reasonable price for Wasteland 2, the first expansion and an audio-book (yes, they're probably somewhat cheaper separately... but not much).

So $165 seems like a good deal, but it's more than twice $80 and it's more than I planned to spend on this. I'm curious, which tier did other people here choose? Any ideas or advice or arguments for a specific tier?

I ended up with the 500 dollar tier. Then I added another 8 dollar or so for the forum badge thing and then I recently added another 50-60 dollar i think it was for an additional copy of the game with expansion pack. So far I am very happy with the game! Cant wait for Obsidian to get rid of the bugs and bring the game live!

$65+15, I just had to get the boxed copy. And them extra little goodies don't hurt either. :)

I did as well, although if it occurred today I'd have second thoughts about the benefits of a boxed set. My preference for add-ons now would be for a T-shirt and a sticker or two (if they offered any).

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I backed it at the signed-box tier (250?) and added playing cards (10 I think?).  I backed it really early too, and I don't recall the Wasteland 2 or expansion stuff being mentioned when I originally backed.  

Come to find down the road that I apparently had a Wasteland 2 key sitting around on my pledge page.  I'm not sure if I have the expansion included by default too, but it would seem likely that the expansion would be added before an entirely separate game.

I also didn't know I was getting into some sort of Backer Beta (I've religiously avoided info on the game in the spirit of being completely surprised at release, because discovering a new world is part of the enjoyment of playing an RPG, imho).  

All in all, I'd say I've had lots of pleasant surprises at my tier.  My only regret, if you can call it that, is that I kinda wish I'd ordered a separate/additional collector's/standard box because my OCD-tendencies with respect to my game collection will be conflicted by the presence of an otherwise pristine copy that is covered in signatures.  That is... I wanted a signed copy, clearly, but I'd also like a very normal looking copy for the shelf where the signatures don't obscure the artwork and such.

Can't remember, exactly, after adding so many add-ons. Pretty sure I have three t-shirts coming, since it'll be a cold winter at release, most likely down into the fifties at night.

Either way, I'm buying a boxed Collector's Edition and Prima Strategy Guide--wait, where do I even buy physical PC game goods anymore ... please not Best Buy, they're the worst.  

All Stop. On Screen.

I chose the Collectors Digital-Only tier. I'm actually here today trying to work out whether that got me a W2 key, but seemingly not. I didn't actually use the backers-only beta part of the reward because I only want to play this as a finished product.

$65 retail tier and $20 expansion. 

Though, looking over it , I do feel a bit taken advantage of when the Boxed Copy on the manage pledges section was only $50 and seemed to have the same content as my physical version (save the pet and the achievement.). I would have gone for the physical collector's edition, but it was a bit too much for my blood at the time.