Which tier did you choose?

The 140$ tier + 20$ for international shipping. I kinda hope that there will be another Kickstarter for the expansion - at least for a boxed version.

And by then I'll know whether PE is a good game or not. So - if it is and no second KS, well, I'll just buy it in other ways. If PE disappoints (but I keep my fingers crossed that it won't) I'll simply refrain from buying the expansion.

Anyway, its good news for my brother who has been a BG-fanatic for a loooong time and will get my digital version now :)

"Was du nicht kennst, das, meinst du, soll nicht gelten? Du meinst, daß Phantasie nicht wirklich sei?

Aus ihr allein erwachsen künft'ge Welten: In dem, was wir erschaffen, sind wir frei."

- Michael Ende, Das Gauklermärchen

- 35$, pledged instantly after I found out about the project.

- 65$ + 15$, boxed copy started to get irresistible after I found out more about the project.

- 140$ + 20$, after they announced Beta Key.

- 140$ + 20$ + 20$, for expansion add-on and George Ziets.

- 140$ + 20$ + 20$ + 10$, upped my pledge this morning for card deck add-on and Big City 2.

=190$ =~146,50€

I'm eating spaghetti and ketchup for whole month now. Hope you are happy Obsidian!

Final score... 290$ =~221,15€

- 250$ + 30$ for international shipping + 10$ for deck of cards.

Watched last hours stream last night (It was 4 AM in Finland when KS campaign ended) and I must have caught some of that craziness. Tried to convince myself to leave the cards out, but there is something magically alluring about those small cardboard flaps.

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

I'm currently at $50 and deciding whether to move up. I thought I'd wait until it was down to the wire to see if any new pledge tiers came out last minute.

I'm thinking of going $140 for the CE + $20 shipping + $20 Expansion Pack. I expect to truly enjoy this game, so why not spring for the Collectors Edition?

My dilemna ..the $250 tier. I already have Wasteland 2 coming, so that's of no interest. The appeal is the signed CE box, and the hard cover Collector's Book. I think if the Collector's Book was signed at $250, I'd suck it up and go for it. It's just the game box, though, which won't keep near as well. You don't get the signed book until $500 which is out of the question. While my wife is very understanding, I won't push my luck!

So, Obsidian...give us the option of a signed Collector's Book at $250 and I may have to part with more hard-earned money!

Well, I ended up going $250 anyway. Buffing my speechcraft and charisma for the conversation with the wife.

Really wanted the hardcover collectors book, and of course to support this exciting game development.

Early Christmas present? :-)

$20 - early bird. I knew the main site was going down, so I was looking at the Obsidian kickstarter profile page, hoping for a rpg announcement. I was so excited, I clicked the pledge before actually watching the video.

$50 - after the Lore, Almanac and the wow!-screenshot update. I expected the graphic to be way less detailed and more cartoonish. I was going to up my pledge anyway, but with that update I had to.

I wish I could have given more, but life happened screwing my plans.

I've come to burn your kingdom down

I chose the.... 'never going to get out of deb tier', as I racked up more money onto my credit card. (Also known as the 288 dollar tier) 250 for the signed CE + goodies, 20 for the limited edition sound track, 10 for the playing cards, and 8 for the Obsidian title.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Pledged a 1000$ here + 30 in case of shipping costs. If not, i'll have me an Obsidian shirt and a deck of cards! Long Live Eternity!

i thought 500 dollar and up tiers do not have shipping costs

Edited by HumanFlesh+5

Trum, trum, terum tum tum - the landsknecht and his gaudy war drum.

$ 250,- plus $ 30,- for shipping and $ 25,- for an Obsidian T-shirt.

And my girlfriend pledged $ 25,- even though she hasn't played any of the games mentioned in the pitch (though she has played F:NV and DS3) -- she loved watching all the updates with me during the past few weeks and joined me in watching the live stream last night to the very end, which was around 2:30 AM for us.

Edited by Lorfean

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

Pledged a 1000$ here + 30 in case of shipping costs. If not, i'll have me an Obsidian shirt and a deck of cards! Long Live Eternity!

They don't, and neither does $30 cover a shirt *and* playing cards. Either three decks of cards, or a shirt and $5 leftover for a dev's coffee. Could do a separate $5 pledge on PayPal to make something of it I guess. :p

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

They don't, and neither does $30 cover a shirt *and* playing cards. Either three decks of cards, or a shirt and $5 leftover for a dev's coffee. Could do a separate $5 pledge on PayPal to make something of it I guess. :p

Maybe they let that 5$ go if he asks nicely.:D

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

Finally ended at the 500 tier.

Add-ons were $25 for the Obsidian tshirt, $25 for another digital key , $20 for the limited edition CD soundtrack, $10 for the playing cards, and of course $8 for the Obsidian Order of Eternity :).

Total cost.... PRICELESS :w00t: .

• 1 year later...

$250 for me.  I'm a sucker for old-school goodies because I always felt that half the fun was opening the box and pulling out all this neat stuff [i.e., a great manual (FO1, BG2, Wing Commander), a cloth map, keyboard reference cards, posters, soundtrack CDs, etc.] and I REALLY wanted the signed game box since these guys have created most of my favorite games.  I guess it was a bit of a nostalgia purchase.  I want gaming to feel more like it did when I was a kid.  I want more attention paid to the experience of having the game and the interaction between what I did on the computer and what I did with the goodies I pulled out of the box.  These days, I get that feeling from board games more than anything else.

$250 for me.  I'm a sucker for old-school goodies because I always felt that half the fun was opening the box and pulling out all this neat stuff [i.e., a great manual (FO1, BG2, Wing Commander), a cloth map, keyboard reference cards, posters, soundtrack CDs, etc.] and I REALLY wanted the signed game box since these guys have created most of my favorite games.  I guess it was a bit of a nostalgia purchase.  I want gaming to feel more like it did when I was a kid.  I want more attention paid to the experience of having the game and the interaction between what I did on the computer and what I did with the goodies I pulled out of the box.  These days, I get that feeling from board games more than anything else.

Nice thread necromancy.

But yeah, $250 was a good tier that included all of the goodies I really cared about. Nearly 2 years later I'm quite happy I took that plunge.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I went with the highest tier I could afford ... which also happened to be the lowest tier :p

(If  this had happened a couple of years earlier or later, I'd probably have gone higher)

But I get the game so I'm happy :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I pledge $250. RPG is always my thing. Baldur's gate 2 is the first RPG I ever played right after diablo 2 (switch is more for a ARPG).

I went for the "design your own weapon" tier, and went crazy on the side orders (cards, shirts etc), so I spent more backing this game than I have spent on games the last 3 years probably. 

Did they ask for your feedback yet, I'm curious about that.

I pledge $250. RPG is always my thing. Baldur's gate 2 is the first RPG I ever played right after diablo 2 (switch is more for a ARPG).

I went for the "design your own weapon" tier, and went crazy on the side orders (cards, shirts etc), so I spent more backing this game than I have spent on games the last 3 years probably. 

All the backers in the higher tiers were supposed to enter their items on the backer portal a few months ago. I participated indirectly in this through another website that I frequent.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Yea, they added a sheet on the backer pages a while ago and everyone with those tiers must have filled them out by now I believe. Josh Sawyer posted a picture on his instagram showing the backer content a while ago too so I guess it's been implemented already  :dancing:  http://instagram.com/p/pHTJSVJx9V/ (my contribution is Borresaine)

I got the retail pack and strategy guide. Do you know if they send you your serial number by email so you can install before it arrives in the post? If they are posting from the US it could take upwards of a month to reach where I live so I will just buy the download add-on if you don't get one with the retail pack

Edited by Bli1942