Update #16: Reward Updates, Combat with Tim, Mods, and the Mega Dungeon Grows!

If they want to give us a pet, then it should be a pet. It's one of the ways I'm going to try to convince my wife to play the game with me. She likes all that WoWesque sort of stuff and the like.

Dude, do you want me to, y'know, arrange an accident?

doofus. :Cant's broad grin icon:

Hey, any way I can get the wife to buy into my gaming habit is good. I'm not particularly fond of vanity pets, but I don't hate them per se. I am happy, however, to be packing more levels onto that mega dungeon which was, if I'm not mistaken, your idea, you glorious bastard.

The megadungeon wasn't my idea, Bobby said they were already chatting about it. I was simply the fearless standard-bearer of the dungeoneering tendency who made the entire thing possible, thus ensuring my name will echo through eternity (etc).

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

About pets: except for standart ones (like imp, mouse, cat, dog, drako & etc), Lamia (either just vampire or one from half-serpent folk) would be nice as a pet

Though I would be happy, if pets will be more usefull or funny than just an item in the invertory or following moron. They can be not as much helpfull in battle (in fact, in most cases I think they should not be targets of enemies, at least not primary ones (like "we will deal with that dog later, better to kill mage\big warrior first)), but there can be many things that they can do - shouldnt be much of a problem to steal a ring for a cat? of for vampire to allure one of the guards to the corner of the house? or for bird-like ones to deliver a mesage (on second floor, for example, if gurads even don't allow you to come in the house)? and much more simple yet useful things. Or funny. Funny is better :)

Ps sorry for my errors, if there are any, english is not my native, just learning it

Edited by frozen shade

These guy are pretty cool, a "Wolpertinger". It is basically a horned hare with wings and fangs. http://en.wikipedia....ki/Wolpertinger

Yikes, that doesn't look like something that would ever emerge through natural evolution...

(Or something that a sane god would create, in case you're more of a creationist...)

And I somehow doubt that genetic engineering would fit the setting of PE... :no:

I do remember the pet in BG..(not the summoning the one you had in the bag). they were close to useless..and on NWN it was too weak..I am hoping for a pet that will bring you a passive buff, like HP buff/trap detection (for a mouse for example.. ) by its presence etc.

Edited by Dawn_

I do remember the pet in BG..(not the summoning the one you had in the bag). they were close to useless..

Yes, the 'familiars' in BG2 were not very useful in battle... But some of them made for really nice scouts, due to high stealth proficiency and good magic/elemental resistance.

Anyways, the PE pet will only be cosmetic, so I guess it won't even have that.

I do remember the pet in BG..(not the summoning the one you had in the bag). they were close to useless..

Yes, the 'familiars' in BG2 were not very useful in battle... But some of them made for really nice scouts, due to high stealth proficiency and good magic/elemental resistance.

Anyways, the PE pet will only be cosmetic, so I guess it won't even have that.

Ouch, i didn't understand that. Thanks for this clarification. I thought it was more of a familiar than a cosmetic pet..well, i don't really see the use then..

Btw, i thought of something really stupid (which comes often with me :p). But in the mega-dungeon it seems we are going underground. I would really laugh my ass hard if at the point we encounter a giant ant and and when we met her the character says "that's a freaking huge ant" (like in fallout xD).

Saying that Obisidian i do hope you guys are putting us inside joke reference to your previous work in PE ;) (epicness of Monty Python in fallout ^^)

I also wonder if we will have a lantern in the dungeon..i've liked the concept in Dragon Dogma (if some have played it with the lantern in dungeon).

Edited by Dawn_

Save prestige classes for expansion 1 & 2.

Sawyer views Prestige Classes as a sort of gaming leprosy. It won't happen.

I'd be happy to see a different approach taken for multi-classing, if they decide to implement that.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

You should be able to eat your pet for a +2 hp boost, like an old candy bar in Fallout.

Once you kill it, the pet should start eating at your soul. :p

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It is really great to be "live watching" as the game are developing. Guess everyone want to be on board not only on board:) Great news about tolls for translation...years ago I was part of Team which transled BG2 to czech language. Thumbs up guys.