What are you playing now

LadyCrimson

I wanted to try and tackle them without using the shield (and later on, the cloak of mirroring or whatever) to see just how tough they'd be without "instant win" equipment on this play thru.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I will pause a bit at FE. I have sufficient freeze/reboot sequences at the moment and will wait for a patch to correct the memory issues.

Surprised to hear that, haven't had anything like that. The only issue I've had so far was where my ruler decided to keep removing his armor, which led to him going into battle several times in nothing but his underwear and a cloak. Closing the game and loading up resolved this issue.

Just out of curiosity, do you have the steam of stardock version?

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Started Dishonored. Oh, looks like the first segment of serious gameplay is a sewer level. Dammit, I think I'll end it there for now.

Ahem. Played only about 30-45min thus far - mechanically pretty sound except for the requirement to hold down buttons for certain actions instead of just tapping them which is irritating me. The writing so far... well I don't think they're even trying yet at this stage - not dismissing it, but not a great start: if it's going to keep me playing again today and tomorrow it'll be through the mechanics and not the storytelling that's for sure.

I am getting a bit disoriented though but I won't really blame the game for that at this stage - I've not played a game from an exclusive first-person perspective since... well I don't really remember as such, but it's been years.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I am enjoying Borderlands 2 more than any game I have played this year. Should I be ashamed of myself?! :getlost:

I think Borderlands 2 is one of those games where the enjoyment correlates to the quality of the people you can find to game with ;)

I had a look at War of the Roses, Chivalry Medieval Warfare and Viking Battle for Asgard, but they all seem to be multiplayer/coop (no single player campaigns) which means they are of little interest to me :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Viking Battle for Asgard

Actually, that game has a very decent SP campaign. The setting is also pretty awesome. It has this dark nordic vibe to it.

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I think Borderlands 2 is one of those games where the enjoyment correlates to the quality of the people you can find to game with ;)

Hubby. :wub:

We still haven't finished the PT2 run of the game. Getting pretty close now tho. But we have discussed (repeatedly) how BL2 doesn't have enough replay value...that's still our main disappointment. Weapons/drop rates are a part of it. The more heavily scripted main questline another part. Dunno. I wish you could take the improved combat of BL2 and put it into BL1. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Xcom. Crashes I could handle, but the thing hangs. That's not without risk to my computer, I could fry a HDD every time it happens and I have to hard reset. Trying to turn off everything STEAM related, cloud save, comunity, etc. But honestly I'm nervous about ever booting it up again.

As disapointments go I'd call it a 10 out of 10. Broken game, no refund. Have fun with it customers.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Got to play an hour of Dishonored. Still doing things the non-lethal way. I didn't feel comfortable with the controls last time I played, but that is no longer a problem.

I unlocked Darkvision, Bend Time and Blink Upgrade. They are fun to use, even if it makes it fairly easy to move around undetected. I still haven't used Darkvision. Decided against using the power. It would make the game totally broken.

I failed with one of the non-lethal approaches in the mission, so I killed the target, but I reset the game. Difficulty doesn't seem to matter when you play the stealth route, since you're not going to be involved in any fights. The enemies might detect you more often, but I can't really tell, since I haven't tried the other difficulties.

You didn't buy that instawin shield in the store at the Promenade? Reflects beholder rays back to sender. Equip somebody like Viconia with beefed up magic resistance (if you have it) and that shield and watch those beholders go down without you breaking a sweat. The magic resistance is just because I don't remember if those elder ones casts spells besides rays. It's been a while.

Weird. After I'd dispatched the beholdes, I decided to go to the shop just to browse some wares. I noticed that Deirdre isn't there. I don't know why she's not showing up. The other merchant from the "extra content" shows up perfectly fine at the Copper Coronet.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

NWN OC CH3. Fun underappreciated campaign.

I tried playing Darklands. Has a great charascter creation scheme, and I love the dieas behind it as I spent 3 hours reading the mnaual + strategy guide 9for class/ability stuff). Love the aging rules, different way to do magic, and everything else. Sadly, started the game up and had to stop after awhile because the interface is plain crap. Horrible horrible stuff that ruins what looks to be a pretty good game. :(

Probably get back into FO:NV soon.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yesterday I played my first half-hour of XCOM. Today I played the next eight hours of it.

I don't have anything particularly insightful to say about it. Had fun, until the first large UFO mission. Now I understand what a lot of the complaining over the past dozen pages has been about. Also makes me glad I didn't go official Ironman for now - though I'm doing a soft-ironman which lasted until that aforementioned mission.

Also continually flat broke, I think I'll go read some documentation now before I pass out for the night.

Wishlist? Aside from a proper scout/stealth mechanics which is probably outside the scope of any fixes, probably a change to the funding model to a pro-rata per day basis rather than the monthly lump sum. Perhaps a better distinction between the map boundaries and the fog of war.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Had a fun mission trying an Abductor UFO. Fighting three Mutons, easy. Then another two groups of them spawn in the middle of the aliens and my guys. Luckily no one died to the grenade spam.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Day of the Tentacle. I need a break from all the "serious" games.

I hoped they would make special editions from Day of the Tentacle and Sam & Max Hit the Road like they did from Monkey Islands, but I guess thats not going to happen. I wish they would let GOG sell the originals at least, would buy them instantly.