I wore a badge once...It took a nurse 3 hours to unstitch it from my arse. She was cute, so it was okay. :)

Actually, I'm guessing, but I think you're just supposed to save the image you want as your "badge" from here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/316398 and then make that your pic.

• Like 2

The Obsidian Orders Royal Pain

"Ouch"

Are they exclusive to folks that have backed the game and register with the Obsidian forums? I registered but have not as of yet found a list of backer Avatars.

Thanks for the info!

If you backed the game with at least $5, then you get a "regular" backer badge for Obsidian's forums. For higher tiers you get better badges, i.e. VIP Badge, Watcher Badge, etc.

Check the Kickstarter, the info is there.

:closed:

i wanted to ask about that too. i just use the badge as a regular pic in the forum or there is another way to have it appear?

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Trashman,I am not sure what an E-Peen extension is. I am all ears if you wish to edumicate me. I imagine that these badges will be avaialble once the game is funded? Do we need to log in with our kickstarter information? I am still pretty unclear how this works. I looked at the Kickstarter page to try to gleen more information on this.

They will likely become available sometime after the Kickstarter has ended. How they will be implemented and registered to you, that I don't really know yet.

We've had some other discussion over here.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/60662-vip-badge/

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Are they exclusive to folks that have backed the game and register with the Obsidian forums? I registered but have not as of yet found a list of backer Avatars.

Thanks for the info!

All the info about badges can be found in Kickstarter reward tiers, but of course you'll have to wait for yours until project is funded, because pledges can still be changed or cancelled. I'm also pretty sure they are going to be something different than regular avatars, because those can be copied and used by anybody and it would be massive workload for moderators to keep people from doing that. We shall see in 19 days.

Edited by Haerski

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the project is funded is there any more word on how the badges will work?

It will most likely take a couple days before they send out emails and wait for all the payments to process to ensure the people get the correct ones, and those who backed out of their pledge from non-payment don't get one. That's about all I can speculate on it.

Wow, the Kickstarter campaign ends and all of the sudden Obsidian decides to use the night for "sleeping"?! I had expected that the pace they set during the campaign would continue until release in 2014, and that we'd have Darren and Feargus working badge duty all night tonight! Apparently I was sorely mistaken, and shall have to sleep the night badgeless. Oh, the relentless horror...!

Edited by Marceror
  • Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Yes OP is most likely referring to the reward tier badges. I am guessing Obsidian will implement them in a way similar to the Developer badges, the special tags will appear below our avatars. Pending clarification from the staff of course.

Now that the project is funded is there any more word on how the badges will work?

No info yet, but Obsidian has promised to send us surveys about our rewards during next 2 weeks. We will probably get our badges after that since our Kickstarter accounts are not connected to these forums in any way and it would be impossible to get those badges for right people yet.

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

From Update 27 on the Kickstarter page, posted today:

First, come sign up on our Forums if you haven’t already. That’s going to be the best place to connect with us throughout the development of the game. We’ll also be up on Facebook and Twitter too. Backer badges will start rolling out in the next few weeks. If you have any problems signing up on our forums (our anti-spam can be rather aggressive sometimes, we apologize!), e-mail us over at support@obsidian.net and we’ll get you all set up.

So it will be a few weeks before we get our badges. There, question answered.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke