What are you playing now?

Gorth

Wanted to finish The Force Unleashed before uninstalling it (really can use that 29gb). However I just fend "screw this" and uninstalled it without finishing it because it annoyed the living daylight out of me.

Which isn't like me at all. No idea why some people seem to prefer TFU1, I hereby definitely disagree. Atleast 2 still had me try instead of just giving up in annoyance over the dozens and dozens of things that are completely wrong with it... icon_neutral.gif

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

He's got a great build going on there, I think I might try it. My Monk is level 53 on Hell difficulty and solo-ing is tough. I'm doing something wrong, might try to reconfigure skills to something like this.

LadyCrimson has a pretty good build on display in a video she made in the D3 thread if you have the energy to search it out but IIRC you need to be at least level 55 to use those skill selections. I totally copied her and its what got me over the same hump youre at.

Ive definately seen an increase in quality drops and Im even making money selling them on the AH. A couple items would be equipped right now if I hadnt spent large at the AH prior to the patch. I also have no problem finding groups. Now finding a good group may take 3-4 attempts but that has nothing to do with lack of people to play.

Tigranes, Im on every day from about 6-8pm Central Time so hit me up.

Yes, I think you're the only one I see has been on recently typically.

Wanted to finish The Force Unleashed before uninstalling it (really can use that 29gb). However I just fend "screw this" and uninstalled it without finishing it because it annoyed the living daylight out of me.

Which isn't like me at all. No idea why some people seem to prefer TFU1, I hereby definitely disagree. Atleast 2 still had me try instead of just giving up in annoyance over the dozens and dozens of things that are completely wrong with it... icon_neutral.gif

I enjoyed both. TFU had a stronger story and longer playtime as well as a slightly harder difficulty (or it seemed to me).

I enjoyed 1, 2 was a waste of money. 1 had lots of problems though. Those darktroopers were not tuned in the slightest. Nor the opening fight of the final level.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Regarding DX:HR... the 'punch walls' pays itself back since it's 1 praxis point, and the only way to gain one "hidden" praxis point. Free upgrade. But yeah, rather useles. Not as useless as 'find out what your chance is of successful hack' praxis upgrade... since that did... well... nothing, it already does that without investing the point... :/

And yeah, I definitely prefer DX's melee over HR's. Having to aim at specific places, weaponry made different effects (just think Dragon's Tooth vs. Baton). Sigh... why new game designers? Why?

Pretty sure you can use UR-DEDs on all the breakable walls.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The combat mechanics in Sleeping Dogs is a lot less responsive than the one in Batman Arkham City. The counter-attack button only works about 50% of the time, even when I've timed it perfectly. It's resulted in me getting beat down anytime there are groups larger than about 4 enemies.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The combat mechanics in Sleeping Dogs is a lot less responsive than the one in Batman Arkham City. The counter-attack button only works about 50% of the time, even when I've timed it perfectly. It's resulted in me getting beat down anytime there are groups larger than about 4 enemies.

That's strange, counters work as they should for me. The enemy turns red and you quickly have to push the counter button. I've been doing some of the fight club challenges and have made it through most unscathed. It's all about timing the button presses. I felt the same way as you do now when I fought my first battles. I couldn't time counters even if my life depended on it, but now I just beast through enemies.

I enjoyed 1, 2 was a waste of money. 1 had lots of problems though. Those darktroopers were not tuned in the slightest. Nor the opening fight of the final level.

Annoyances leading to me giving up 1;

Damn bossfight camera/fight control.

Replaying the same damn planets in the end.

Very long fights without savepoint inbetween. Killing 10 supersoldiers than dying to an AT-AT and have to re-do it all over can get very annoying.

But the final straw was the Destroyer/TIE-fighter battle. Gripping them all is such a pain, I just plain gave up seeing how this with all above it was more like doing work than having fun...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Worked flawlessly for me too.

Got all the achievement/challenges in Hitman Sniper Challenge done and out the way...

Got my Bounty Hunter on TOR to 49th and cleared Voss (although technically still have the bonus Voss I could do). Plan to see if my ocd will let me skip the Corellian planet quest arc and just focus on the class story to wrap it up....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

couldnt you just play dark souls in offline mode? in my experience the online added only minimal enjoyment to the experience, playing offline to eliminate potential grief seems like the best way to go

sure you can, but invaders or my own invasions are a very important part of the game for me.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Tried to play the Underrail demo. Game crashes right away without doing much (besides offering to send a bug report Microsoft).

A shame, as I was curious to see what the game was about. Maybe they'll update the demo some day.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

couldnt you just play dark souls in offline mode? in my experience the online added only minimal enjoyment to the experience, playing offline to eliminate potential grief seems like the best way to go

sure you can, but invaders or my own invasions are a very important part of the game for me.

oh, then in that case, yeah i can see how that would be really frustrating. its almost certainly not going to get fixed either since the devs sound pretty lost when it comes to pc development.

i guess if you cant beat them you must join them?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Tried to play the Underrail demo. Game crashes right away without doing much (besides offering to send a bug report Microsoft).

A shame, as I was curious to see what the game was about. Maybe they'll update the demo some day.

Play the demo as administrator.

Been there, tried that (after checking out their forums). I suspect it might be the "other" reason, running setup.exe instead of the msi file? Supposedly the latter also installs some prerequisite elements. I've already deleted the download after installing it though, so it's a task for another day.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'll be glad when I've finished Deus Ex:HR. The levels are beyond tedious at this point and the story with all of it's juvenile twists shouldn't have gotten passed testing it's been done so many times before. Now the game has hit the point where it just turns into busy work where I'm just waiting it through. Hack, crawl, evade, shoot and listen to lame voiceovers feeding you intel.

I'm not very far in, but I'm enjoying Sleeping Dogs way more than I enjoyed any of the Grand Theft Auto games. I think it's mainly due to the combat. GTA's combat was horrible.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Annoyances leading to me giving up 1;

Damn bossfight camera/fight control.

Replaying the same damn planets in the end.

Very long fights without savepoint inbetween. Killing 10 supersoldiers than dying to an AT-AT and have to re-do it all over can get very annoying.

But the final straw was the Destroyer/TIE-fighter battle. Gripping them all is such a pain, I just plain gave up seeing how this with all above it was more like doing work than having fun...

I must admit that was an extremely annoying, perhaps one of the most annoying item I've ever gotten through in a game. The Star Destroyer thing was absolutely a pain. Tie-fighters weren't bad once you learned the key to beating them, but that Star Destroyer thing was an absolute pain. Thankfully TFU2 didn't have anything close to being that annoying.

Only playing Dark Souls right now. I'm ready to enter Blighttown.

Nice, I just took care of the Capra Demon, so I'm making my way down below for a bit. Not excited about the cursing frogs though.

Their fog is easy to avoid. Just put on lightly weight stuff so you can jump around quickly.

Edited by Morgoth