STEAM!

Gorth

Tomb Raider franchise on sale. Not sure I'd get the whole thing. Pretty sure every Tomb Raider game has camera issues, Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld being the worst offenders, those three also have platforming bugs that can be infuriating, especially Anniversary which is quite a bit harder than the other two. The combat is pretty basic, I'd probably prefer it if it wasn't even there, since it's simple and repetitive. Some great environments and puzzles in the series. The platforming is unique, you can't find anything like it anywhere else, there's exploration and having to think your way to different places, lots of going down to go up.

Tomb Raider I consider one of the best games ever made, probably my second favourite 3D platformer behind Sands of Time. Anniversary, the remake, is extremely faithful but it has horrendous bugs on PC, QTE coming from every orifice, and they tried to change Lara's character from a total badass to a wuss. Tomb Raider 2 has its moments of great environments but I didn't enjoy the platforming, puzzles or story anywhere near as much as the original. I feel like this game was a rushed sequel to get more money with fancier cut scenes, more costumes, more narrative, and not as much thought put into the design. Vehicles were pretty clumsy. Tomb Raider 3, I don't think I even finished it, it's pretty much more of the same from Tomb Raider 2, they were definitely milking the franchise by then..4, 5, and 6 I haven't played. Legend has the bugs and QTE like Anniversary, also incredibly bad puzzles, environments, story, characters, and vehicle sections. Underworld is fantastic, none of the PC port bugs, nearly as good as the original in most respects with better combat, incredible environments great vehicle segments, no QTE, and it's a good looking game.

So how does Dark Souls play on the PC without a controller anyway?

When I visited the Steam page for the game, it said that it is higly recommended that one plays the game with a controller. i've never seen that before.

playstation controller is highly recommended for dark souls! an xbox controller is still better than keyboard though....

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Tomb Raider I consider one of the best games ever made, probably my second favourite 3D platformer behind Sands of Time. Anniversary, the remake, is extremely faithful but it has horrendous bugs on PC, QTE coming from every orifice, and they tried to change Lara's character from a total badass to a wuss. Tomb Raider 2 has its moments of great environments but I didn't enjoy the platforming, puzzles or story anywhere near as much as the original. I feel like this game was a rushed sequel to get more money with fancier cut scenes, more costumes, more narrative, and not as much thought put into the design. Vehicles were pretty clumsy. Tomb Raider 3, I don't think I even finished it, it's pretty much more of the same from Tomb Raider 2, they were definitely milking the franchise by then..4, 5, and 6 I haven't played. Legend has the bugs and QTE like Anniversary, also incredibly bad puzzles, environments, story, characters, and vehicle sections. Underworld is fantastic, none of the PC port bugs, nearly as good as the original in most respects with better combat, incredible environments great vehicle segments, no QTE, and it's a good looking game.

Tomb Raider: Anniversary was so bad, I found it outright offensive. Probably not unlike the sentiments displayed by old Fallout fans when it went from crpg to 3rd person shooter. CD took a game about exploration and discovery and tried to "re-image" it as a B-grade shooter and action game. I'll never forgive them for that :getlost:

Tombraider Legends and Underworld were mediocre, but almost playable (too much effin "boss fights" and QTE's and other crap to make them "good" games).

As for the first ones, my fanboyism may have been greater than yours, I gave up halfway through Tomb Raider IV. Still got the box and the disc lying around somewhere, but never bothered. TR II suffered from some horrible, timed quests, but was otherwise splendid. TR III really went downhill fast, but the scenery and locations were good. Don't remember much from TR IV other than this dull pain and a voice that said "stop... stop it now!" ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Tombraider is a series where I/we kept buying the newer ones because of our love of the first two games. Each one became less than the previous but we kept on trying them. Or at least, my husband did. He'd try each one (except the console-only ones) and with each one his frown grew deeper. Even his goodwill is gone now. We won't be buying the new one.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Good man :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I liked the Crystal Dynamics trilogy. And I hear good things about Guardian of Light.

Not so much this second reboot.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Anyone know if the Steam version of the Sith Lords has the higher quality music and cutscene patch? $2.50 beats having to search that up everytime installing the game from the discs.

Google says it does, so I got it. Bit of an audio nerd, so I've got to have atleast that audio patch when playing the damn Sith Lords.

Anyone know if the Steam version of the Sith Lords has the higher quality music and cutscene patch? $2.50 beats having to search that up everytime installing the game from the discs.

Google says it does, so I got it. Bit of an audio nerd, so I've got to have atleast that audio patch when playing the damn Sith Lords.

Is it really that difficult to have copies of the patches on a hard drive or DVD to easily access when you need them? :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tomb Raider: Anniversary was so bad, I found it outright offensive. Probably not unlike the sentiments displayed by old Fallout fans when it went from crpg to 3rd person shooter. CD took a game about exploration and discovery and tried to "re-image" it as a B-grade shooter and action game. I'll never forgive them for that

Yes, there's a lot of boss fights with QTE, even more than Legends. The beginning is too combat heavy, but the end of the original was combat heavy as well. The tombs, exploration, platforming, and puzzles are there, a lot of it is ported directly from the original. Sticking QTE in the game a bit like firing a paint ball gun at Mona Lisa.

Tombraider Legends and Underworld were mediocre, but almost playable (too much effin "boss fights" and QTE's and other crap to make them "good" games).

Legends has a crap tonne of boss fights and QTE, lots of combat, hardly any tombs or environments to explore, and the puzzles were simple and boring. Underworld doesn't have QTE, it has less combat, and the only boss fight it has is right at the end, and you don't fight, you just avoid and platform. Underworld has as much combat as Tomb Raider 2, maybe even less.

I liked the Crystal Dynamics trilogy. And I hear good things about Guardian of Light.

Not so much this second reboot.

The Guardian of Light is my third favourite 3rd person 3D platformer, behind the original Tomb Raider, and Sands of Time. It's designed for co-op play, but can be played in single player, although I haven't yet. There's a lot of twin stick combat like Renegade Ops and Zombies Must Die.

Is it really that difficult to have copies of the patches on a hard drive or DVD to easily access when you need them? :p

I'll gladly pay an otherwise worthless $2.50 to eliminate a few steps for an installation. Pretty sure I have the audio on hd but not the videos. My PC is pretty much my OCD haven, so, a clean download with all files preloaded for dirt cheap is too good to pass up.
  • Like 1

I'll gladly pay an otherwise worthless $2.50 to eliminate a few steps for an installation. Pretty sure I have the audio on hd but not the videos. My PC is pretty much my OCD haven, so, a clean download with all files preloaded for dirt cheap is too good to pass up.

I'd personally prefer not to need Steam to run a game when possible, so I cling to all my old game discs + patches like rare treasure.

But I understand, I was just teasing. ;)

• Like 1

Heh, I'll pick up the box a few times and look at it as the game downloads and installs. It's cool to have the box but I don't mind installing things digitally, save for the 30gb and 18gb downloads for Max Payne 3 and the Witcher 2 when I decide to install them. :wowey:

Legends has a crap tonne of boss fights and QTE, lots of combat, hardly any tombs or environments to explore, and the puzzles were simple and boring. Underworld doesn't have QTE, it has less combat, and the only boss fight it has is right at the end, and you don't fight, you just avoid and platform. Underworld has as much combat as Tomb Raider 2, maybe even less.

Tomb Raider Legends taught me the true meaning of crappy camera. You don't just make a combat system that revolves around sommersaulting over enemies, while shooting with pistols, near deathpits, while also giving you a camera that doesn't let you see your environment well.

It's my first and probably will be my last non-spinoff Tomb Raider game, unless the reboot turns out to be really, really good

Renegade Ops looked promising for the first 3 missions but then it just fell apart. Damn game just made me want a proper Strike game again. But EA publishes even worse games than SEGA, Gattling Gears was abyssmal with that idiotic camera and forced linear progression.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Should i get sleeping dogs for 17 E

If you like sandbox car theft games, sure. It's a good one combined with Hong Kong crime drama and Kung Fu action.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."