Fellow forumites.

Money clearly cannot buy taste. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2166467/The-Arab-REV-olution-London-Dozens-Middle-Eastern-millionaires-supercars.html

The car djiin appears. He offers you a car. What would you choose? Model and reasons, please. We can do better than this.

sonsofgygax.JPG

a Nissan GT-R. It's just an amazing vehicle with a good pedigree... if you wanted a multi-million car I'd probably dig a Lamborghini Aventador.

The Ghini because it looks tasty and goes quite quick.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm no longer in love with sports cars, I want something that is comfortable to get into. I actually love my Jeep Grand Cherokee. If I could do anything, I'd probably just get a new one of those with all the extras. It sits up nice and high, has some power when I need it, and can go into tough terrain when needed. Plus the car djinn is probably not going to babysit my kids, so I need the space :p

haven't we done this before? we got our dream car: 1987 buick grand national. if darth vader owned a car, it would be a buick grand national. heck, if vader Were a car, it would be the 1987 buick grand national gnx.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Having just got a Statesman, every car I get from now on will have to have a large amount of leg room.

Essentially that rules out many sports cars I like(Ferrari). So I'm going to go with the Rolls-Royce Ghost.

Also that pink phantom is an atrocity.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

A classic Ferrari Testarossa. Everybody knows red ones go faster. Most stylish car ever designed.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'd like a 1972 Ferrari Daytona Spyder. That is my dream car!

If anyone would like a nearly fully restored Plymouth Fury I can make your dream come true.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Except for that first pink car (I'm not into hot pink), I don't see an issue with those cars in that OP article. At least looks wise. :p Never saw the point in owning a car that's like a race car when you can't (legally) drive it like a race car (except on a track).

I'm very much not a "shoes" woman, but I would totally drive this car.

Shoe_Car.jpg

Also, this decal shall henceforth be put on any vehicle I ever own, for the rest of my life.

cathungry-decal.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Never saw the point in owning a car that's like a race car when you can't (legally) drive it like a race car (except on a track).

German Autobahn :)

Been there, done that. Not owning the car, but just "letting go". It's awesome.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On the one hand, I'm tempted by the classic that is the E-type Jag.. or, not a supercar, but the other classic I absolutely adore from a distance is the Rolls Royce Phantom 2..

But if we're talking modern day.. Koenigsegg CCX. For what looks like sheer fun.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

With it of course.. Actually, haven't Koenigsegg put the top gear wing on all models since then?

Can we have more pictures? I don't know what any of these cars look like..

Been there, done that. Not owning the car, but just "letting go". It's awesome.

Same here, but I was mortified when I passed 300 km/h (186 m/h) .. Driving fast is really not my thing. No, driving through India in a autorickshaw which goes at 40-80 km/h max is my thing heh.

Would totally like to drive these things again..

4616051132_14a122094b_z.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

Never saw the point in owning a car that's like a race car when you can't (legally) drive it like a race car (except on a track).

I like having a well-built car with enough power reserves (and superb brakes) for potential emergency situations.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

There's always a racetrack or the autobahn. I'd like a '65 Chevy Impala myself, I saw one of those drive by when I was little and I was in love with it. Well, it's looks anyway, I would probably modify the technology to suit my tastes and give it better handling and brakes. And just have it look like one basically. :D

http://image.chevyhiperformance.com/f/30731199/0912chp_01_z+1965_chevy_impala_ss+aftermarket_head_lights.jpg

Otherwise, I'm satisfied with a '69-'70 Volvo 123 Amazon. Ofcourse, modernized by myself. :p

volvo-123-gt-01.jpg

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Well, the old Koenigsegg CCX on Top Gear.. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svxRpqeqFRY

Edit:

And of course, after that, Koenigsegg actually went and put a spoiler on it.. And let them have it again. (Now the spoiler is standard)

Edited by Raithe

In 2007, the CCX was the fastest car to complete the Power Lap with a time of 1:17.6 (until it was beaten by the Ascari A10 with a time of 1:17.3).[18] The car originally lapped the circuit in 1:20.4, but was then fitted with an optional rear spoiler to provide downforce after the show's test driver (The Stig) spun it off the track. The Stig purportedly recommended this modification, predicting that the car would then be the fastest ever round Top Gear's track[19] but Koenigsegg later stated that the improvement was due to adjustments to the chassis and suspension settings and not the addition of the rear spoiler.[20]

Also, as far as I can tell, the spoiler is optional. The quote is from wikipedia, but here's the original article from a Swedish car magazine; http://www.bilsport.se/news.php?id=36110

And here's a translation for you; http://davidnaylor.org/blog/2006/06/top-gear-koenigsegg-ccx-didnt-really/

As much as I love Top Gear, sometimes they talk alot of poo. :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Hell yes, especially their specials. Love their Three Wise Men trip. :D

And to keep slightly more on topic, here's a picture of what wankers do with sand.

DSC_2527.jpg

That cost me almost a month of work to clean out, then we shipped the engine off (Again) to get refurbished.

36fe3b4821d28476af4895d2fe4859d1.jpg

The GTR

800px-2012-03-07_Motorshow_Geneva_4608.JPG

The Lambo I was talking about.

And on the CCX top gear vid (the first one) skip to about 7 minutes. They have a list of various cars and times around their track. And the exact reason they put the spoiler on a moment later.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.