What you did today

Tale

Still in crunch mode as I prepare to move out, leave the country, and finish three articles, and play Risen 2 since I won't have my desktop until September. Obviously, the last is the most important! *fire up*

1 year out of 5 done, but I'll be at home in NZ for a little bit, then France and Korea for research projects. I'll be moving to a different place next year, so timed it to cut down on rent overlap. Which is why my desktop and other things will be languishing here for the summer.

Our school gives us quite a bit of money, but I'm still drawing from my own savings as well.

Started the operation on my mother today. It started bleeding and would not stop. This needs to be immediately followed up with that she's "in no danger" at the moment. But they had to stop the operation and will check to see if the bleeding stopped tomorrow. They've got some balloon plugging the bleed. If it hasn't stopped by tomorrow, they'll cauterize it.

The situation is apparently something that doesn't happen often. The doctor knows it's a possibility, but has never seen it in his practice before.

So, it's all pretty terrifying.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Gets worse the older you get. Blink and you will have missed it.

I'm still fairly young, but I've noticed how time has really begun speeding up .. I wonder why that is. Perhaps just that a year/month etc, compared to your whole life, becomes an ever decreasing percentage of the total.

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm still fairly young, but I've noticed how time has really begun speeding up .. I wonder why that is. Perhaps just that a year/month etc, compared to your whole life, becomes an ever decreasing percentage of the total.

I've heard the theory that it's (in part) because as we get older, for many of us, life starts to become more and more routine....thus we build up less new experiences and staggered moments of time to gauge time by. The more stable and routine life becomes, the less you have to pay attention to the passage of long-term time because it's more mentally automatic, if that makes sense. Work, home, chores/errands, play, work, home, etc. Then that awesome vacation to Timbucktu. Then back to work, home, etc. It's not that you aren't aware of time, or don't check your watch to make sure you aren't late...it's just not stuff you tend to keep in the forefront of experience memory. Thus the "6 months have gone by, what did I do/where did it go?" syndrome.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's because to manage your growing empire, you are spending more of your gathered resources on upkeep and repair costs, not new buildings and units. After a while, your upkeep costs are large enough that it's difficult to build anything new...

Sorry.

Started the operation on my mother today. It started bleeding and would not stop. This needs to be immediately followed up with that she's "in no danger" at the moment. But they had to stop the operation and will check to see if the bleeding stopped tomorrow. They've got some balloon plugging the bleed. If it hasn't stopped by tomorrow, they'll cauterize it.

The situation is apparently something that doesn't happen often. The doctor knows it's a possibility, but has never seen it in his practice before.

So, it's all pretty terrifying.

Wow, I hope that at the very least her condition its stable.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah, she is stable. I went by and saw her and she seemed fine, if tired. The vascular doctor seemed confident she wouldn't need the cauterization, so I'm being hopeful.

Which is good, I was panicing more when my sister informed me of it. She had to go a good 5 minutes before mentioning that mom was okay.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

New Apartment, get the keys tomorrow at Noon!

I suppose congratulations are in order? 8)

What happened, got tired of your room mate or something?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Moving from school housing to actual apartment.

I get a kitchen, bathroom, family room, 2 bedrooms.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Woke up to the joys of having slept in a position that gave me a totally dead arm.. It's always fun trying to flop around and get some sensation and movement back in a limb....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

As a continuation later in the day... Trying to read some things and develop some work. But so far, meh. Something just isn't focusing and tis a day that's making it all mental scattering rather then striking genius...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I had planned to game all day.

Ii woke up at 11am. Casually started to cleaning some stuff, but I ended up doing a massive clean up that took me a few hours. Got sick of seeing what I had cleaned, so I went out for a long walk. Went to a friend's pizzeria, ordered and took it with me home. At the delicious pizza, and then I took a shower.

I have realized I suck at planning ahead what I'll do the next day.

Now I want a pizza too. *attempts putting on tinfoil hat of food resistance*

I keep locking hubs outside accidentally. I go out the side garage door and when I go back in, locking it is auto-pilot. Problem is hubs is often sitting in the yard in a chair under a tree, in the shade having a quiet break moment or something. He doesn't say anything to me and I don't notice he's out there (I think he's still in his office) and thus a bit later I hear rustling by my office window and his voice floating in "Hey wife, I know you want to get rid of me, but could you unlock the door please." :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hi everyone.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell