RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

I'll guess the ai is so stupid because of all the zombie critters. The more figures the engine has to calculate, the more power is needed and if I remember correct, that was a lot in Arma games.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Played all night on European servers, everyone teamed up with everyone.

Logged on a Russian server. ****ing hell.

Perfectly sums up my experiences playing with Europeans or Russians in any game so far.. You eastern Europeans are so competitive!

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm guessing, I thought you were a zombie defense doesn't work.

Watched the youtube videos of it, the zombie animation really annoy me, the one shot anywhere kill mechanic annoys me, the fact you can't bait zombies to attack another player is annoying, yet the thought of offing a player while they are reading a map is strangely alluring.

Unfortunately I only have Arma 2, might give this a try if arrowhead comes on sale.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I'll guess the ai is so stupid because of all the zombie critters.

what AI? the only NPCs are zombies themselves, and they don't have any fancy AI behind them (they're animals with custom models and animation), because there's usually 400-700 of them on the server simultaneously.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Difficult to say something about the mechanics from there but it looks a bit like Arkham City but with additional weapons, floaty animation and violence that makes me feel uncomfortable in the stomach? So far from what I've seen it can really go both ways with this title.

Sleeping Dogs was a game I expected to be a bad game, but from what I have seen, I'll most probably pick it up sometime during summer.

Not enough martial art games that aren't just fighting games.

I will have to order this from overseas, since it will be either RC or watered down in Aus.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Found a new great review site. Read their review on Binary Domain

http://games.on.net/...inary_Domain_PC

Hilarious read. Is it really as bad as they portray for PC?

I only tried the Steam demo, but yes.

"Do not attempt to play Binary Domain without a controller. If you don

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I only tried the Steam demo, but yes.

"Do not attempt to play Binary Domain without a controller. If you don

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Never figured out if it was serious about me having to say something in a microphone either.

You don't have to. There's the possibility to do so but you can easily switch it off. And play the game the same regardless.

It's basically a community site run on the side by my ISP, heh - all the ads for example are just for the ISP and no external advertisers. I suppose gives it a decent degree of editorial freedom but also the impression it's just a hobby site run by the gamey techs, not that I mind that.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

A few reviews for the Game of Thrones RPG are out and, unsurprisingly, they mention a distinct lack of polish and gameplay problems.

Who could have guessed... I hope the license will change owners after this game and someone with better track record will get to make games based of the license.

Hate the living, love the dead.