RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

The game should start with Nazi and Red officers carving up Poland, just to get a sense of perspective.

The carve up of Czechoslovakia- under the aegis of the UK, inventor of the concentration camp, and with Poland (and Hungary, for virumor) getting a forgotten chunk of the spoils- would be equally as good. Doesn't quite go to the same narrative, though.

I'm sorry to derail this thread but I gotta know, what's with the rape post?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The game should start with Nazi and Red officers carving up Poland, just to get a sense of perspective.

The carve up of Czechoslovakia- under the aegis of the UK, inventor of the concentration camp, and with Poland (and Hungary, for virumor) getting a forgotten chunk of the spoils- would be equally as good. Doesn't quite go to the same narrative, though.

I'd like to have an RPG on such history-based setting but, the issue is, even if Americans try to capture the atmosphere, such an attempt tends to end up with something overly simplified (e.g. typical Nazi villain in Hollywood movies) or, at most, abstractly ideological.

EVE Inferno trailer. Not as cool as other ones though

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

An interesting article about few emails inside Activision about Infinity Ward bonuses for CoD:MW2...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/05/rising-costs-tensions-in-activision-infinity-ward-e-mails/

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Really looking forward to CoH2. Operation Barbarossa, Operation Citadel and the Battle of Stalingrad. That's great stuff for some awesome missions. But only playing on the Soviet side? That sucks.

The German campaign I suspect will be the stuff of XPs, a bit like OF and ToV.

Of course, German multiplayer will be playable out of the box.

Would be great if the game would get the XPs treatment. But I think it's more likely we will see more DLC stuff.

Damn, that sucks.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sounds worth buying on release. Zenimax Bethesda Arkane deserves the support.

Yeah...of course, I expect, at least, quite many bugs but my money wants to go after such designers. Any internet sale will do for "major" titles and it is if I find time to play them.

And 38 Studios lays EVERYONE off including Big Huge Games.

Shame for Big Huge :(

Am I missing something? I thought Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning sold quite well.Indeed, I haven't bought it since I tend to be attracted to interesting worlds, characters and stories and that the most of the reviews around describe them "generic" unanimously. In any case, by the time reviews began to appear (I was quite busy at that time, too), I had already figured out or more precisely, hadn't been able to figure out what could be expressed by the goofy graphic with Ken Rolston and Salvatore.

That said, they say the game has a well-designed action mechanic. I always thought action RPG had been cursed by the prejudice from the mechanic of party-based RPG, where magic users have no close-combat abilities - When in Rome... or, there should be a suitable way to balance games depending on their genres. It seems that they made some improvements in this area.

In any case, even if the game appears to have its own achievement in the action RPG genre, a company can fail as a business. Does it happen to be another case of money shortage as in Troika's case? Anyway, it appears to be getting harder for independent developers which try to compete with their massively invested counterparts. I suspect that the same can be said to Obsidian, which seem to be laying off their younger designers despite that they seem to have some talents... :(

Am I missing something? I thought Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning sold quite well.

Yes. It didn't.

Compared with their debt, do you mean? A brief net search, which I should have done before my previous post, ended up with the fact that the company owed $75m (!) to Rhode Island governor, which is more likely to be the missing piece of the puzzle. Even a simple math is enough to show the million seller - "over a million" to be precise, according to Schilling - wouldn't cover it. :facepalm: Oh, well...I could only wish good luck on the designers who lost their jobs. >_<

ArmA 3 Lighting demonstration.

Edited by Malcador

Sleeping Dogs 101 trailer.

Uhhh... holy cow? Is this a real GTA competitor there?

Also, who needs Next-Gen consoles? Unless of course they showed actual PC footage...

Formerly True Crime: Streets Of Hong Kong, or something. In theory it was a sequel to a "GTA from the cops side of things" game set in LA (which was ok... minor tweaks and it would have been great) and later new york (which was crap) but they lost the rihts to the name.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.