Shadowrun Returns

About the ..what was it called? Pike Square Murder? The Blind Lucy quest.

I talked to Dresden, Aguirre, investigated the corpse, talked with the coworker, got him the necklace, bribed Aguirre, talked with everyone three times over, but the quest still isn't complete. Did I miss something?

yes

bring Paco to the body

question: how do I kill Pure Insect Spirits. they're immune to physical damage and I didn't bring any tough mages with me

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Well crap. I got his panicing scene, but didn't think he could add anything if we checked the body again.

I guess it was a bug. Rewinded the save and did the exact same things and the quest was finished this time.

Edited by Oner

yes

bring Paco to the body

question: how do I kill Pure Insect Spirits. they're immune to physical damage and I didn't bring any tough mages with me

You can't. You need to use that elf girl to hack door controls so you can escape. 

About the ..what was it called? Pike Square Murder? The Blind Lucy quest.

I talked to Dresden, Aguirre, investigated the corpse, talked with the coworker, got him the necklace, bribed Aguirre, talked with everyone three times over, but the quest still isn't complete. Did I miss something?

The level has a bug so if you don't recruit paco before going to the crime scene, you will get the same quest CONSTANTLY anew. You don't have to bring paco to the quest to finish it though ( it ends with you paying the detective for info)

Best line of dialogue so far from my PC:

"I'm not really the committee joining type"

The writing in this game is really superb.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished too. Happy. Think I might replay it within a week or two. Only major bug that impacted gameplay was that the music tended to hitch and get all choppy at times (moving the game to my SSD - love the portability of no install process by the way - made no difference). Annoying, but it goes away in 10 seconds or so.

My classless character ended up a pretty standard, SMG-wielding deadeye, with some moderate decing skills (i.e. I let the always-provided NPC deckers tackle the Matrix stuff) and a bunch of points dumped into charisma but without any real spellcasting (well, picked up enough to be able to haste myself but that's it). Plenty of wasted points to be sure, but still ended up as lethal in combat as the NPCs, so being a bit adventurous isn't completely screwing yourself. I'll say the implementation of the Matrix, in that it's mandatory in places and the consequent assignment of a Decker NPC every time one is coming up is a bit of an unfortunate design decision. All it basically means is if you play one, you can drop the NPC for one a bit more effective in combat (since the NPC ones are hopeless). It's not an *option*, it's just another level in the game like the Fade was in DA1.

Non-spoilerish campaign comments were that it was effectively enough plotted, but I have some issues with the pacing. A lot of the combat is back-loaded, which is a bit unfortunate for those who had grown to enjoy the sparse and fairly short encounters early on. The final level turned into a bit of a slog - not quite Deep Roads level of tedium, but still a bit repetitive for my tastes. And given the mission structure, if you forget to regularly check the vendors when you're in the quest hub, you might find yourself hobbled for the next segment. Difficulty is generally fine - early on I was concerned that normal difficulty seemed a bit of a cakewalk, but by midgame it's a solid challenge: I think my final party wipe count was three.

In the end, it's a game that reflects its origins and the way it was made. It's obvious where the corners are cut and where the wallpaper has been applied, but I'm confident enough it's the missteps will be learning ones. As an early project I do very much believe they overshot a fair bit on the reward fulfilment costs (I mean, $65 got international shipping on a T-shirt), and as much as I love my feelies, I love bigger games more. Onwards and upwards.

Finally I'll say it again: I'm very very happy with the decision to drop the loot system. I didn't miss it one bit, and it'd have been nothing but padding out the game length. I'd be happy if this became the norm for the future. Shedding that baggage I might call the best feature of the game.

EDIT: Oh, one more thing, not sure if a flaw or a bug. I had an issue where my player character could equip an ESP but couldn't use it. I had no points in ESP control, but then that skill description does not specify that it is required, and the ESP when purchased didn't have any red requirements listed either (which would have prevented me from equipping it in the first place).

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Finally I'll say it again: I'm very very happy with the decision to drop the loot system. I didn't miss it one bit, and it'd have been nothing but padding out the game length. I'd be happy if this became the norm for the future. Shedding that baggage I might call the best feature of the game.

Wholeheartedly agreed.

After playing for roughly four hours, I can say that I'm a happy backer despite some flaws. Knowing that I'll get the Berlin campaign for free and user created campaigns makes it even better.

I am happy with all kickstarters I have supported, borh backed and purchased.

only had time to play for 30 minutes so far, but i like what I'm seeing so far.  this looks like a solid first effort, and fits a genre I'm so glad is making a comeback (turn based crpgs)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I wish some of the armor didn't look so retarded. A bunny head? A gas mask with a huge glowing tendril in my face?

I can accept the tourist shirt as the decker being ****y at least, but the rest?

I wish some of the armor didn't look so retarded. A bunny head? A gas mask with a huge glowing tendril in my face?

I can accept the tourist shirt as the decker being ****y at least, but the rest?

Yeah, it's pretty goofy overall. You know something's up when the first significant armor available for a quickness-centered character is a ninja costume. Most of the ones that look good have a mediocre armor rating and really specialized bonuses. But it doesn't really matter since the character models are so small due to the perspective and so low in polygons. It's not like that stealth catsuit is going to make your ass look better when your ass is 12 triangles.

Edited by AGX-17

Yeah, it's pretty goofy overall. You know something's up when the first significant armor available for a quickness-centered character is a ninja costume. Most of the ones that look good have a mediocre armor rating and really specialized bonuses. But it doesn't really matter since the character models are so small due to the perspective and so low in polygons. It's not like that stealth catsuit is going to make your ass look better when your ass is 12 triangles.

Sure, it's no big deal graphically, but I know that my character is walking around dressed like a lunatic.

Two things about the bug religion HQ: At first I wanted to try entering the Inner Sanctum alone, got a warning that I won't be able to get my teammates beyond this point...and the game threw the others in with me anyway. Considering what comes, I can't tell which part is the feature and which is the oversight.

Also, in the room with the bugs, what's behind the southern door? Triggered ML before opening that. - _ -

Edited by Oner

Considerig how much the built up Harlequin, he was pretty useless in combat.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I found the game quite addictive and enjoying it so far.  Hit the bug at Stop the Ceremony quest.   :facepalm:   From the look of the official forum, the devs seem to be working on it and I guess it's time for me to go back to other things in my life.  Still very happy with how the game turned out.  Absolutely no idea why some people complaining.

No looting - yeah, I'm happy with that.  I don't think container clicking is a vital part of CRPG, at all.

While I'm not missing the looting very much, I do think having items as quest rewards would have been a nice touch. Also, I think melee weapons could have been more effective.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Considerig how much the built up Harlequin, he was pretty useless in combat.

Really?  Huh, he was the first melee character I had used and I found his variety of hits pretty useful.  He was also a better mage than most of the runners I hired.  He was better than that elf guard I brought for an extra bug zapper.

I think I'll go decker next run through.  I also didn't use many riggers, but I noticed quite a few air ducts for them to take advantage of.

Turned him into my healer (what's with the "last damage taken" healing mechanic anyway?) and aim buff bot (actually that's another complaint of mine - keeping up these short duration buffs is nothing but busywork and doesn't really add to the game). That said, he was at least more useful than the random hired adept I took on an earlier mission, who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Given that for most missions, I rolled with a couple of AoE guns and an AoEing mage though, melee didn't really fit my strategy, so on my next playthrough I'll give it a proper chance.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G