What are you playing now?

Doing a Recruit run of Alpha Protocol. Playing as a sarcastic jackadoodle. Stealth and SMGs. Stealth when he can, goes nuts when he can't.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dusted off Bard's Tale (2005), which originally only lasted me for about 5 minutes, before I tired of the game. I was just going to get my facts straight for a comment in the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter thread, but it turned into quite a long fact gathereing.. The flaws of the game constantly pisses me off on so many levels and it's lagging like hell for some odd reason, but it's also quite amusing and entertaining. I got a feeling it's much more linear than it claims to be, because I've dodged several mission impossible parts of the game already that implies I am at the wrong place at the wrong time..

(Signatures: disabled) 

I'm too old for strafing around, taking swipes and potshots at enemies. I'm surprised this Grimrock is so popular. Played enough of Lands of Lore (the old school version of Oblivion, Patrick Stewart included) and Eye of the Beholder when the animals could still speak.

You are not too old yet to do a comic book guy impersonation on this forum, so don't use that excuse now buddy.

Tribes Ascend, lots of Tribes Ascend.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Force Unleashed.

Fought 3rd Jedi Master, had to turn my game difficulty down. Why? Because I couldn't stand fighting with the camera. 90% of my Force castings missed and thanks to it I generally offered my back to my opponent. Just no fun.

While in TFU2 I lost to bosses just because I am not good in action games, I actually could defeat them on hard with perseverence and learning. Not so much here with this ****ty camera stuff. So just for that TFU2 beats TFU for me.

Oh well, back to the main game (back on Hard). If the next boss is the same, I put it down to "pathetically easy" right away. Ugh...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The Force Unleashed.

Fought 3rd Jedi Master, had to turn my game difficulty down. Why? Because I couldn't stand fighting with the camera. 90% of my Force castings missed and thanks to it I generally offered my back to my opponent. Just no fun.

While in TFU2 I lost to bosses just because I am not good in action games, I actually could defeat them on hard with perseverence and learning. Not so much here with this ****ty camera stuff. So just for that TFU2 beats TFU for me.

Oh well, back to the main game (back on Hard). If the next boss is the same, I put it down to "pathetically easy" right away. Ugh...

That was one of the biggest issues I had with the Force Unleashed. The camera angles were horrible, and I found it near impossible to actually target the enemy I wanted to target with my Force abilities.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Force Unleashed felt like a PS2 game. Or even PS1. Back in the days where cameras could suck and enemies could be cheap. And I still found it charming.

Camera's still suck but the enemies are expensive now, maybe?

I'm still playing through Tales of Graces f but remembered I'd been doing Tales of the World on my PSP and picked it back up.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Back in the days where cameras could suck and enemies could be cheap. And I still found it charming.

That doesn't happen now?

Not to the same degree. And it's not considered typical when it does occur.

I played through the PS2 Prince of Persia games pretty recently, then did Forgotten Sands. The cameras and cheapness of enemies is simply not comparable. Even Super Mario 64 had a camera that wouldn't be tolerated today.

That's because the Force unleashed WAS a PS2 game. I played it on the PS3 though. I liked it. I liked 2 as well. 2 had better gameplay, but the story was waaaay to short. Loved 1, but it's gameplay could have used some help at points.

The Force Unleashed.

That's... Paratus on the junk planet right? He's known as THE HARDEST boss in the game.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The Force Unleashed.

That's... Paratus on the junk planet right? He's known as THE HARDEST boss in the game.

There was some trick that I used that beat that guy...can't recall exactly what it was though, made him a LOT easier than another later boss. Can't remember what the actual trick was though...sorry.

Currently stopped my Agarest playthrough as I took a break which turned into basically switching games. Started on FFX just for fun diversion for an hour or two...now playing FFX instead of Agarest.

There was some trick that I used that beat that guy...

Switch to easy? Made him easy enough for me :)

Did the same with the following Jedi, though she fell easier. Haven't had such annoying fights since... let's hope it stays that way.

Though the glitchiness reached mass level on the plant planet...

* For no reason what-so-ever the camera gets stuck. How much I want to rotate it doesn't. Very annoying for just walking about... or when someone pummels you in the back. Had a few times afterwards but never so often as here on that planet again.

* dissapearing enemies, when crossing an invisible border between zones apparently.

* Invisible enemies. Always fun when you think you're save and get attacked by an empty enemy box...

* AI exploits. Worst with the rancors, but also very usable for a hefty sith fight on the empirical ship. They don't cross afore-mentioned invisible border, so just standing on the other side of it, I can just hide without risk, recharge force bar, hit, repeat until enemy is dead.

* The rancors had it worst. By standing after the line, the rocks they threw at me dissolved into nothing. Easiest fight ever. I could just stand there, throw stuff at it till dead, and it couldn't do a thing to me... Atleast aforementioned Sith gave me a rocket to the face if I was standing still in plain sight like that...

But as I said, now that the Empire side is over, things look better. Let's see if it lasts...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

There was some trick that I used that beat that guy...

Switch to easy? Made him easy enough for me :)

Did the same with the following Jedi, though she fell easier. Haven't had such annoying fights since... let's hope it stays that way.

Though the glitchiness reached mass level on the plant planet...

* For no reason what-so-ever the camera gets stuck. How much I want to rotate it doesn't. Very annoying for just walking about... or when someone pummels you in the back. Had a few times afterwards but never so often as here on that planet again.

* dissapearing enemies, when crossing an invisible border between zones apparently.

* Invisible enemies. Always fun when you think you're save and get attacked by an empty enemy box...

* AI exploits. Worst with the rancors, but also very usable for a hefty sith fight on the empirical ship. They don't cross afore-mentioned invisible border, so just standing on the other side of it, I can just hide without risk, recharge force bar, hit, repeat until enemy is dead.

* The rancors had it worst. By standing after the line, the rocks they threw at me dissolved into nothing. Easiest fight ever. I could just stand there, throw stuff at it till dead, and it couldn't do a thing to me... Atleast aforementioned Sith gave me a rocket to the face if I was standing still in plain sight like that...

But as I said, now that the Empire side is over, things look better. Let's see if it lasts...

No, it had some cheesy force exploit that was particularly effective against him with the timing...I think it had to do with when he went and destroyed one of his own creations as long as you were patient, and then you did something.

There was a fight later on in it that was MUCH more aggravating to me...and then the end fight was also particularly hard to win for me, though you might not get the same ending.

Getting tired with the lag of Bard's Tale I decided to try a bit of debugging and eventually I pulled out my ATi HD 4850 and put in the ATi X1950PRO which was quite a revelation. Bard's Tale is blazing fast with the X1950PRO in comparison to the ATi 4850 and there isn't a single drop of fps anywhere moreover there is even more graphics in the game with the X1950PRO. Bard's Tale requires a card that supports Vertex Shader 1.1 or higher, but the ATi 4850 got Shader Model 4.1 which doesn't support Shader Model 1. The X1950 got Shader Model 3 that is backwards compatible with all previous versions.. I am guessing that my ATi 4850 is too hard at work figuring out how to compensate for the lack of support of 1.1 to provide a suitable gaming experience.. Or maybe it's just the driver, because I had to roll back to a really old one with support for the X1950.. I'll fiddle that out later.

(Signatures: disabled) 

DotA 2. Holy hell, this is crap.

What's crap about it ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

DotA 2. Holy hell, this is crap.

What's crap about it ?

Skill ranges are literally longer than the screen, spell effect/animations are so nonexistent, you can't see what anyone is doing, the small color pallette makes it even harder to see what anyone is doing, the shop UI is an overcomplicated disaster (press SHOP, try finding the item in the unsorted mess, click on it, so you'll get the recipe list, not the item, right click to actually buy-but wait, it just sets the item apart, right click again to actually buy it- see the X on the UI? that won't close the shop, it's just there, press SHOP again instead, dummy).

Oh and Traxxex' frost shot is bugged, making her extremely unwieldy.

Think I'm getting close to done with Botanicula. The first 1/3 was wonderful...art-wise, humor, cutenees. sound effects and music. then you hit this "town" (in a manner of speaking) area and it starts to feel a bit too random/tedious. Still some great stuff/humor in there, but I spent a couple hours being stuck on a couple of the huts/rooms, running around clicking everything, looking for some part that would let me collect what I needed. :p Then the area after that, similar thing. Now I'm stuck at the halfway point in some almost all-black levels. Time for a break. :lol:

The puzzles aren't terribly puzzly, with most being more of an item hunt with random clicking around to figure out how to activate things. Some of it's just random click until you find the right order for something. They're puzzles of a type, but not exactly mind-bending/thinking man sort, if you know what I mean. Controls are simple (mouse clicks) but occasionally trying to control movement of an object w/the cursor movement feels wonky/lagged/buggy. Slighty better if you're in windowed mode.

Those quibbles aside, still a fun and artistic game....and for $10 I have no complaints. So far I'd give the first third of the game 9/10 and the latter two thirds maybe 6.5-7/10.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

TFU's on Hold. Got Arkham City from my GF so am going to do that first. Also have to do KOTOR2 TSLRCM 1.8 testing.

Annoyingly enough while installing AC I selected the Arkham Asylum map, then removed Asylum replacing it with City, assuming it would make a new map. No, siree.

So I am stuck with AC in AA's map, and AA obviously refuses to work with many of it's base files overwritten as such.

So I now have the fun task of re-installing them both, and not make the same mistake again next time. Though I have to say, I never seen something so stupid while installing before. :/

Also, question. The little flyer with the game mentions a code for catwoman. None is included. Though her art appeared in the main menu "characters" tab. So would she be included, or do I need to visit my shop and ask for a code?

Any way to check without playing half the game?

^

Annoyingly enough while installing AC I selected the Arkham Asylum map, then removed Asylum replacing it with City, assuming it would make a new map. No, siree.

So I am stuck with AC in AA's map, and AA obviously refuses to work with many of it's base files overwritten as such.

I.. have no idea what you're talking about here.