What are you playing now?

all the reviews im reading for risen 2 are making me not interested in it. i never played risen, but i played two worlds 2 and hated it, and risen 2 kinda sorta reminds me of that game from the pictures.

can you tell me more about why risen 2 is good and not bad?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

all the reviews im reading for risen 2 are making me not interested in it. i never played risen, but i played two worlds 2 and hated it, and risen 2 kinda sorta reminds me of that game from the pictures.

can you tell me more about why risen 2 is good and not bad?

Exploration is actually fun.

are we talking like, morrowind fun?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Playing the GW2 beta.

It's quite different, control wise. The first game used the mouse to control movement, this game has TPS controls. The way dodging is solved isn't the best (direction double tap), meaning you stop for a moment ...in a situation where you want to move extra fast.

The world is quite full with NPCs and areas are huge, smaller outposts litter the world and there are events in sigh range from one another. Events can be a bit hectic, one starting as soon as the one before it ends, some are a bit too easy (one boss was already at half hp when I clicked on her when she spawned), others are just hard to target from the mob of players. Enemies can be tough, but most are easy to defeat if you don't forget to move.

Graphics are very pretty, even when I turned everything on low or on off, sounds are good, some took a bit of time till I realized what they mean *cough* mail ping *cough*.

Combat is loads of fun, even though I don't really have a lot of skills yet. Still at low level so I can't comment on the leveling system. Partying is a pain, the starting areas are cluttered so one of us always got shafted on an Overflow server. Granted, we could've joined the queue, but where's the fun in that, amirite? ;D

Oh and Alt+Tab-ing doesn't cause animation errors, yay!

Wanted to write down something else too, but forgot. Remembered: The 1st skill of your weapon skills is on auto cast, and I forgot how to turn it off, causing my character to shoot at guys using reflection skills. Not. Good. For. Your. Health.

PS: I made an Engineer.

Edited by Oner

is there any way to play it without being in big groups of people? in part one you could go out into the world and it would make an instance just for you and your party

Nope! You can solo most stuff, but people will likely be there, so impromptu groups are abundant. You don't have to form a party with them, but playing all alone isn't an option, discounting story instances.

Warlock - Master of the Arcane Demo

Most fun game of it's "type" (turn based strategy in a fantasy setting) since HoMM III. At least the demo leaves a good impression. Other peoples mileage may vary. No visible benefits to pre-ordering, so it just goes on my must have list in May (supposed to be released on the 8th).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Decided to go out and pick up the Witcher 2 for the 360. I'm still in the prologue, but it's solid so far. I got to see Triss naked, which is always fun. :D

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

are we talking like, morrowind fun?

Well, I doubt the world will be close to Morrowind's in size. I like the mood and overall feeling of the world. Nice looking foilage and actually feeling like you have to be on your toes not to get jumped in forested areas. I also like that if you explore carefully enough, you might find small places you would not have found if you weren't paying attention. I'm not the biggest fan of the combat, but I do like that most enemeis are challenging and not super easy. I had a jaguar attack me from nowhere and I almost ****ed my pants! I'm still early on in the first island, so I can't really tell yet how the exploration compares to other games yet. This island isn't huge or anything.

Most fun game of it's "type" (turn based strategy in a fantasy setting) since HoMM III. At least the demo leaves a good impression. Other peoples mileage may vary. No visible benefits to pre-ordering, so it just goes on my must have list in May (supposed to be released on the 8th).

I was so sad when I saw a gameplay trailer of that game. Warlock was the name of a really fun WarCraft III mod, thought they made an indie game out of that. :(

I was so sad when I saw a gameplay trailer of that game. Warlock was the name of a really fun WarCraft III mod, thought they made an indie game out of that. :(

I've never played any of the Warcraft games, so I wouldn't know what they look like. The demo was fun though, if you are into turn based strategy games (with a slightly humorous touch).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've never played any of the Warcraft games, so I wouldn't know what they look like. The demo was fun though, if you are into turn based strategy games (with a slightly humorous touch).

The Warlock mod was an arena style game where you bought spells for your warlock and had to defeat opponents by attrition or by knocking them out of the periodically shrinking arena. It's loads of fun. :D

Downloading Deus Ex GOTY Ed. as we speak. Any essential mods?
There are three (apparently) great mods: The Nameless Mod, Zodia and 2027.

I can really recommend TNM. Otherwise I wouldn't have made a fanmade fixpack for it (you know, like TSLRCM for KOTOR2. I don't invest in stuff I am not interested in).

It's standalone (all 3 mentioned are), so no conflict if used with vanilla DX (although you can use the renderer for vanilla, might fix issues). Other recommendation; "Burden of 80 Proof". It's pretty much an adventure though.

And if it looks too dated for you, use New Vision... Doesn't change anything but textures, so you still get the base game if used on your first run too...

http://www.moddb.com...s-ex-new-vision

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Two Worlds 2 was a terrible game, so it's hard to judge the 'type of game' from it, since it wasn't even good for what it is.

Exploration is fun in a different sense than Morrowind. It's about a smaller world where the eternal danger of enemies that can kill you in a few seconds really changes the way you explore, and it's all about seeking out little nooks and crannies - if you take the trouble to check behind a waterfall, the island on the edge of the map, a small cave off the beaten path behind some vines, you're going to be rewarded for it. The danger these enemies pose - and Risen 2 has some instakill traps as well - means you're going to be finding creative ways to jump off ridges, run for your life, etc. to get to some places.

• Like 1

Downloading Deus Ex GOTY Ed. as we speak. Any essential mods?
There are three (apparently) great mods: The Nameless Mod, Zodia and 2027.

I can really recommend TNM. Otherwise I wouldn't have made a fanmade fixpack for it (you know, like TSLRCM for KOTOR2. I don't invest in stuff I am not interested in).

It's standalone (all 3 mentioned are), so no conflict if used with vanilla DX (although you can use the renderer for vanilla, might fix issues). Other recommendation; "Burden of 80 Proof". It's pretty much an adventure though.

And if it looks too dated for you, use New Vision... Doesn't change anything but textures, so you still get the base game if used on your first run too...

http://www.moddb.com...s-ex-new-vision

Might try New Vision sometime, but I assume it would be strange to see some textures in better quality while other textures are not fixed. I've put the game on hold for now. First I need to finish Risen 2 and then back to Deus Ex.

Most are fixed.

But yeah, those who aren't do stand out.

Dave said an update will come, but when... no-one knows, not even he...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Warlock - Master of the Arcane demo

Loving it so far! It's like Age of Wonders and Master of Magic but with more of a Civ 5 look. If you like 4X turn-based strategy games then I recommend you try the demo

Preaching to the choir...

I pre-ordered it anyway :)

• Like 1

Whoa, that looks pretty cool. i'm all booked up with Ck2 and Risen 2,but let us know, I might buy the game when it comes out.

I was playing Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

In doing so I came to a decision. I need to be more discriminating. It's not that it's a bad game. It is a good game. It's just not a great game. I have a rather significant backlog of books and games and there's little point in spending too much time with those that are simply passable. Further, I'm in the mood to improve my understanding of the ways that good stories can be told. All this game is doing for me is reminding me of the flaws of long cutscenes, pointless sideplots, and unclear impetus. The lesson about how those are bad is one I think I've already learned.

The effect of this decision seems to be that I've shelved most of my current queue and gone back to reading. I hear delightful things about Nier and Dragon Quest V, so I may pick those up shortly.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Managed to play a bit of Gratuitous Space Battles and Trine 2 towards the end of the weekend.

Testing new ship designs is fun, but not being into the whole internet gaming thing, I wish the single player game had been more "expansive".

Trine 2 is if possible even more fun than Trine. Some of the puzzles (to get all experience points in a level) requires some rather creative thinking. You know the answer is there and it's solvable with the tools at hand. A bit like ye olde adventure games.

I'm somewhere in Chapter 1 in the Witcher 2 right now. Pretty cool game so far. I'm liking the story thus far. Oh, and I've had sex with Triss twice now.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm somewhere in Chapter 1 in the Witcher 2 right now. Pretty cool game so far. I'm liking the story thus far. Oh, and I've had sex with Triss twice now.

That's all normal.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.