Mass Effect 3

Gorth

Somehow I think the actual developers can filter, heh. :p

Isn't DA2 proof that they, in fact, cannot?

No.

What a wonderfully articulate and well-thought out response. I am in awe.

Whatever. I guess the negative reviews and especially the lower sales compared to its successful predecessor mean that the feedback from a Bioboards player sample that is as reduced as it is vocal actually made for a great game.

And a pic of someone crapping on a ME3 box? Really?

The only part of the game I've seen in vacuum (on Mars) had everybody in hardsuits. Let's not keep mixing non-breathable atmosphere with vacuum, shall we? ;)

My bad. I'm going from what I've seen in preview pics. Do Liara et al actually have closed helmets? I've only seen breather masks.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Whatever. I guess the negative reviews and especially the lower sales compared to its successful predecessor mean that the feedback from a Bioboards player sample that is as reduced as it is vocal actually made for a great game.

I didn't think they used forum feedback as much as they rely heavily on data mining of gamer behaviour while playing the game(s). Now what they do with all those raw data... probably about as exact a science as statistical analysis.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The Reapers want to capture people, kind of like the Borg. Although, that doesn't explain why the Reapers don't nuke earth's military bases first to render the civilian population defenseless.

I suppose an explanation could be that they didn't visit the Citadel and get the entire rundown of each race. Perhaps they didn't even realize what those funny looking vehicles with toy guns even were!

Or, since the fleet apparantly was like paper mache to them, perhaps they don't care.

My personal pet peeve: I was hoping they would go back to full helmets/hardsuits for vacuum situations. No such luck apparently. Seemingly, explosive decompression is nothing compared to the threat of not looking gorgeous, always.

The only part of the game I've seen in vacuum (on Mars) had everybody in hardsuits. Let's not keep mixing non-breathable atmosphere with vacuum, shall we? ;)

To be fair, while it looks a bit silly when they just wear face masks rather then the full helmets.. I think it can kind of be justified in-universe - The whole use of element zero in the production of shields / barriers? If the suits potentially generate those around the heads as part of the "protection" and that works as well as having a full helmet? - Still kind of silly, but so-so justified.

Also, going with the whole devil's advocate here for the potential justification...

The Reapers - Sovereign, 2km long, bloody big and powerful Reaper , but, all we've seen him do is capable of landing on a planet and taking off. Considering that Normandy Mk2 is too "large" and doesn't have enough element zero to successfully land on some planets... Maybe Reapers of Sovereign's size can't successsfully buzz around in planetary atmospheres conducting proper military actions. So Reapers of that design are for space, maybe the command/control types with big weaponry similar to dreadnoughts.

Which is why the Reapears have the "Reaper Destroyer" variants that are 160 meters long/tall that can fly / maneuver / walk around on planets and conduct appropriate reaping activities...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Caused quite a stir. People often say games are crap, that guy gave it form.

O_O

21st century trivialization doesn't respect even iconoclasm...

I didn't think they used forum feedback as much as they rely heavily on data mining of gamer behaviour while playing the game(s). Now what they do with all those raw data... probably about as exact a science as statistical analysis.

Right, I had forgotten about that. They know us better than we know ourselves, huh? :ninja: Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The Reapers want to capture people, kind of like the Borg. Although, that doesn't explain why the Reapers don't nuke earth's military bases first to render the civilian population defenseless.

I suppose an explanation could be that they didn't visit the Citadel and get the entire rundown of each race. Perhaps they didn't even realize what those funny looking vehicles with toy guns even were!

Or, since the fleet apparantly was like paper mache to them, perhaps they don't care.

They've had their agents gather intel on the galaxy for years.

The whole overconfidence thing doesn't really make sense considering how often their plans have been foiled.

IGN is no more credible.

Considering that an IGN journalist, Jessica Chobot, got a role in Mass Effect 3 as a "communications officer", We can safely assume that. How do IGN even expect us to take them seriously now?

To rub it in, apparently, it's possible to get laid with her. Urgh, talk about creepyness.

Edited by Auxilius

IGN is no more credible.

Considering that an IGN journalist, Jessica Chobot, got a role in Mass Effect 3 as a "communications officer", We can safely assume that. How do IGN even expect us to take them seriously now?

To rub it in, apparently, it's possible to get laid with her. Urgh, talk about creepyness.

Thing is it was IGN who brought attention to the lip sync and "stiff animation" in thier preview. The German review which someone translated said something "Fantastic" animation.

I'll treat them like witness statments see which part corroborate and which contradict.

The key words here are "preview" and "review".

Journalists tend to be harsher (truer?) in previews, because they are less controlled by publishers and the likes. For them, it's not a preview that is going to influence the results. It's all about reviews where the finals core appears, because it's more read. At least that's what I realized after years of reading.

Of course I could be wrong but it's hard to think IGN won't deliver a 10 out of 10 score for a game where one of them is fully committed with.

Or you could do what I do, form your own opinion and not care what magazines, websites, forum trolls or creepy people who make effigies of video game characters care. :p

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Zat is of course written in German, but reading through it, ME3 might have the best C&C ever in any BioWare game, possible any RPG ever released. Like, Commander Shepard determining the fate of whole civilizations, depending on how prepared you are and how thorough you play the whole game, certain side missions might open or vanish again. There's definitely tons of replay value there.

It will be a fun game for sure, but let's not get carried away, son.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

IIRC they made the "intro" so bloody instead of great like the DA:O origins since "xx% of the players left before finishing them". Probably because they didn't expect a RPG. Looking at the avarage Steam game, even full blown FPS show similar drops of like 90% starting the game, but only 75% only proceeding beyond tutorial/mission 1/prologue/whatever.

So, yeah, the data is accurate, the lesson learned is wrong. Will we see repeat preformance? We shall see. I already call anyway that the MAKO and Hammerhead are even further dumbed down to a railroad shooter segment. Apparently TOR already has that too.

I suppose this time I wait for the gold version (if one is made). Still little annoyed I miss out Shadowbroker, but I am not really wanting to purchase DLC seperately through EA...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Or you could do what I do, form your own opinion and not care what magazines, websites, forum trolls or creepy people who make effigies of video game characters care. :p

Thats a bit like biting into a cake that might be poisoned. It might not be , but by the time you find out it's too late.

Well they did give a demo, so try before you buy. Everything else well you know what to expect at this point. So the cake might just be dry with too much icing, rather then being poison, so to speak. Also can just ask people you know what they thought of the game. All part of an informed purchase :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So basically you're here because you have low blood pressure and need to raise it, I take it?

At this point, I pretty much ignore mags. But there's a few posters here whose criteria I trust (perish the thought!) so I like reading about their experiences with games I might be interested in. I don't hate wasting money so much as wasting time. I'm crabby like that.

Hmmmm...

So you are the commander of the most advanced ship in the Alliance navy with dozens of crew members and probably some VI's too and that is why you have to scan each planet manually for resources.. Because that's what commanders do.. I wonder why scrubbing the floor, dusting and cooking isn't also part of my chores.. There is an abundant potential of silly duties here that could have been turned into mini games.. Thankfully Bioware was reasonable enough to leave it at scanning planets and playing cat and mouse with the Reapers only.

The Reapers are supposed to be like 2 Km's long.. That would be like 5 times the Empire State building, but I think they must have shrunk a bit, because they are not that much bigger than the Normandy (wonder how long that is supposed to be, likely less than 100m) and they barely seem to be more than twice as tall as the tallest buildings.. They should at least be somewhat covered by the clouds.. Low clouds, but maybe that's why they picked a clear sunny day for the invasion..

Picking up the body count from the trailers.. 2 millions dead in the first day and another 7 millions at the end of the first week.. What?? Big freakin' cities with millions of people in each.. 2 millions is not a lot for a coordinated Reaper attack on major cities and only 7 millions more after a week.. They must really take it slow.. Carefully chewing each piece.. Flossing.. Brushing..

(Signatures: disabled) 

The Reapers are supposed to be like 2 Km's long.. That would be like 5 times the Empire State building, but I think they must have shrunk a bit, because they are not that much bigger than the Normandy (wonder how long that is supposed to be, likely less than 100m) and they barely seem to be more than twice as tall as the tallest buildings.. They should at least be somewhat covered by the clouds.. Low clouds, but maybe that's why they picked a clear sunny day for the invasion..

Hm, just how many times do I have to mention this on this thread? Reapers like Sovereign are 2km long.. but the ones you see rampaging on Earth and such are apparently Reaper "destroyer" variants that are only 160 meters tall/long.

o O (at least, according to the Art of Mass Effect Universe notes..)

So definitely suggests that Reapers come in different versions depending on the tasks they need to do...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

No.
What a wonderfully articulate and well-thought out response. I am in awe.

You asked a yes/no question and I gave a yes/no answer.

And a pic of someone crapping on a ME3 box? Really?

Stay classy, BioBoards. ;)

It's only a handjob in the barebones version.

What nothing at all ?

I'd have responded but that would just be throwing you a... bone.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.