What you did today

Rosbjerg

Mr. Black and Mr. Grey. Maybe I should have given mine easier names, I somehow envy you because I decided it would be funny to give them ridiculous names. My three cats are Dr. Droolbabble, Engelbert Humperdinck and Binkelinus the Third of Liechtenstein.

:lol:

In the past I gave my cats actual names...simple descriptive or "cute" ones. But always been terrible with naming. The shelter called my two cats Jude and Johnny, and I didn't like those names at all...but I can't be arsed to come up with a permanent name that's better. So Mr. Grey and Mr. Black it became. Or cat. Mostly, just cat. They come running when I make mouth click noises or finger snaps so that's fine.

I tried some cheap Sony blu-ray player largely to check out the netflix access in the unit (don't care about the dvd player). After going thru hoops to be able to actually do that, I discovered anything from netflix wouldnt load to play via this unit. Just gets stuck. This was over a wired connection too, not wireless. The interface menus are terrible, even for YouTube stuff (which did work, but very slow). Basically it all confirmed that I should stick to plugging a cheap PC into the television over some unit service. What a piece of crap.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Decided to watch Wing Commander. This is a bad idea.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Decided to watch Wing Commander. This is a bad idea.

I saw it in the theater, which was a worse idea.

When it was on at the theater.. I just played the games. Which was a much better idea.. :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Finalised my flight schedule for the summer. To save on $, I will be flying a total of 40 hours, including layovers and ground transportation, to go from NY to New Zealand. Then I'll go to Korea. Then France. Via Hong Kong. Then Korea. Via China. Then NY.

:wowey:

Today I came to a troubling realization.. haven't partied for more than year, me and my gf had 3 couples over for dinner the other night - I spend more time reading than listening to new music / seeing films and I was at a quiz-night at a local center with some friends (on a saturday evening) instead of drinking till my vision dimmed. My god, have I really gotten this old? :lol:

Fortune favors the bald.

Finalised my flight schedule for the summer. To save on $, I will be flying a total of 40 hours, including layovers and ground transportation, to go from NY to New Zealand. Then I'll go to Korea. Then France. Via Hong Kong. Then Korea. Via China. Then NY.

:wowey:

:thumbsup:

Sort of doing the same thing on a smaller scale, booking tickets to Denmark for August with a handful of days to spend in Hong Kong. Might visit Italy while I'm in Europe anyway, always wanted to see Sicily.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Didn't manage to get to sleep till post 4am.. Then had one of those odd dream sequences where I thought I'd actually gone through the process of waking up, getting ready for the day (albeit with a headache) and starting to see double of things.. only to then really wake up and still have the headache.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Wondering why the hell people are up in arms over this Martin kid being shot... Given how there isn't much known over all, but the racist beating of an Iraqi mother of five in southern California ends up as a foot note to the martin issue.

Also am worried about one of my history courses, which is taught by a guy who is going to retire.very soon, although rumor had it he's being forced to retire by the school for generally being a terrible teacher

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Two weeks left in my final semester. Six assignments left. Two are almost done with a third started. Assignments four and five should be short. Assignment six is going to take me what little time I have left to finish. Must finish...

Today I achieved what I think is a personal best of 7000 words of final draft quality report. I'm now off for a well earned pint.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

@Labadal - in these times, that's great news. Must be a load off the mind.

Dear Diary: Today my plan was to be as unproductive as possible...and I was successful. Go me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wondering why the hell people are up in arms over this Martin kid being shot... Given how there isn't much known over all

Isn't that exactly the problem?

Some vigilante stalks a guy, pursues him despite police telling him to back off and then shoots a man when he has him cornered, claiming self defence. Police couldn't even be bothered to investigate as the killer claimed "self defence", effectively turning a stupid law into a free for all "license to kill", as long as you say the magic words "i felt threatened".

Maybe it is good that it gets a bit of attention and especially the police conduct gets scrutinized a bit.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wondering why the hell people are up in arms over this Martin kid being shot... Given how there isn't much known over all

Isn't that exactly the problem?

Some vigilante stalks a guy, pursues him despite police telling him to back off and then shoots a man when he has him cornered, claiming self defence. Police couldn't even be bothered to investigate as the killer claimed "self defence", effectively turning a stupid law into a free for all "license to kill", as long as you say the magic words "i felt threatened".

Maybe it is good that it gets a bit of attention and especially the police conduct gets scrutinized a bit.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven if you ask me.

1) The police told Zimmerman not to pursue the kid.

2) The kid ends up with two bullets in his chest and nothing by skittles and iced tea in his hand

Those are two good reasons why he should have been arrested. If there is a good reason why he should not then I haven't heard it. But there is the rub and Calax is right here, we do not know all the facts. Maybe it is justified, but if there is a compelling detail that makes it so they had best make it public soon. Sooner or later someone is going to kill that guy.

I am a supporter of the Stand Your Ground law but the threat has to be reasonable and I'm just not seeing it here. But again like Calax said we do not know everything.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My main point was that everyone is up in arms over this, and yet a GENUINE hate crime goes down in Cali (here) and the only coverage you find is one article on each major news site, while this.... kids death is played to the masses as a hate crime and compared to a landmark case from the 1950s. Hell, even the article I linked spends a good 1/3rd of it's length talking about the Martin kid's death.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

My main point was that everyone is up in arms over this, and yet a GENUINE hate crime goes down in Cali (here) and the only coverage you find is one article on each major news site, while this.... kids death is played to the masses as a hate crime and compared to a landmark case from the 1950s. Hell, even the article I linked spends a good 1/3rd of it's length talking about the Martin kid's death.

The Martin kids death plays into a political narrative. Or at least is being crammed into one by people who make their living doing that very thing. I guess that's why. That story you posted is very FUed.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Calax; bless your heart but you should know that nobody cares about Muslims, because then we would have to admit all the craziness that the US government has been up to in the post 9/11 world.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

If I tell you that finding out that my new watch was -2 seconds from the beginning of December until the European DLS change last weekend was the best thing that's happened to me all year, it probably puts things in perspective. :p

Also, got my teeth scraped by the dental hygienist. Feel reincarnated.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Spent all day filming reference material for animation. It happens to have combat in it.

We don't happen to have any mats, and we had to shoot about a dozen takes for each of these things, wherein I was the actor:

- Being thrown into a wall.

- Simply being thrown around.

- Being knocked down on my back.

- Being knocked down onto my face.

- Being thrown against a table.

- Being knocked off a chair I'm standing on.

- Knocking someone else off me.

- Repeatedly slowly getting up from being knocked down.

Everything is sore. Plus, I have carpet burn on my hands and elbows and even my face.

Despite that, I had so much fun. Plus, I got to knock a few other people down.

Chuckling at how small talk with coworkers ended up becoming a discussion on the effects of different calibers and types of bullets.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Chuckling at how small talk with coworkers ended up becoming a discussion on the effects of different calibers and types of bullets.

Hey, sometimes people like to...

[sunglasses]

Shoot the breeze.

(I'm sorry.)

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

I'll admit, that made me laugh pretty hard.

Bought my MegaMillions ticket. When I win that 500million, I'll buy everyone here a bunch of Steam gifts and a keg of beer.