What are you playing now?

Gorth

Started Claptrap Revolution only to notice it's level 35 TOO. Of course Zombie Island already leveled me from 36 to 42 (well, 41.5, but I got the remaining .5 from the one Moxi quest and challenges completed while doing Moxi). So... yeah.

What was the point of having 2 exactly same leveled DLC? Either way one of them is going to be too easy... :/

As for Drakensang, no idea. But my local shops have both for 7.50 euro. Cheap enough :). What did you pay?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Started Claptrap Revolution only to notice it's level 35 TOO. Of course Zombie Island already leveled me from 36 to 42 (well, 41.5, but I got the remaining .5 from the one Moxi quest and challenges completed while doing Moxi). So... yeah.

What was the point of having 2 exactly same leveled DLC? Either way one of them is going to be too easy... :/

As for Drakensang, no idea. But my local shops have both for 7.50 euro. Cheap enough :). What did you pay?

I payed $9,99 for it. Someone was nice enough to help me get the game via the American Steam store. I got it as a gift,and I sent him money via paypal.

The distributor for RoT- THQ's budget distributor, can't remember their name offhand- only has digital rights for US/ NA. It's weird though, as the expansion/ dlc for RoT (Phileasson's Secret) is not region locked.

Interesting, I did not know about this. It's funny and sad at the same time.

Edited by Labadal

Steam had something called Saints Row the Third on a weekend sale (50% off). Looked sufficiently silly that I might like it, so I bought it. Grabbed it's predecessor too for an extra $3.75. Might use it to kill some time some day.

Edit: As for what I'm playing, currently trying out the "Vessel" demo.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Plodding along in JA:BIA. Trying to keep a hold of Cambria sure is a pain, kind of a stumbling block for me in the game. So I guess I'll give it a rest and return to some Civ V.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Been dabbling an extra run through of ME2 over the last week or so. An hour here, an hour there... Just have to finish off Overlord and then do Arrival.

Just had to reaquaint myself with some of the background again to get it fresh in the mind, that and to have a third save to import with different choices just so I can see how much they might affect the finale.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The game is bloody hopeless if you try to play it with mouse and keyboard. Things went much better when I plugged my xbox360 controller back in. Nice puzzle type game. I hope the full game has a save feature so you don't have to watch the intro (unskippable) and start from scratch every time.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

After quitting Skyrim, I spent about four hours today looking through my games - on my shelves, in boxes in the garage, on my hard drive, in my GoG and Steam accounts - and I couldn't find anything I felt like playing. I installed Lionheart (never played it before) and played for 10 minutes, installed Might and Magic 7 and didn't get past character creation, and downloaded Arcanum but lost the mood before even installing it. Ended up spending an hour just watching a Let's Play of Return to Zork (which I only remember as being too scary for me as a kid in the day).

Guess I'd be extra-vulnerable to an ME3 sales pitch at the moment having been rained in for an idle weekend with nothing to play.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Finished both Chronicles of Riddick campaigns. Had more fun with it than I had a couple years back, maybe due to the fact that I can run it smoothly now.

God I hope there's another game coming in the same style. There's a new Riddick movie coming in 2013, after all.

Well, Syndicate it's from the same guys...but don't play it. Really.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Steam had something called Saints Row the Third on a weekend sale (50% off). Looked sufficiently silly that I might like it, so I bought it. Grabbed it's predecessor too for an extra $3.75. Might use it to kill some time some day.

Basically, it and Just Cause 2 are twins.... with Just Cause 2 being slightly more serious (very slightly) and more "one man army" while Saints Row is just kinda poking fun at the whole "worship the gangsters" stuff.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Guess I'd be extra-vulnerable to an ME3 sales pitch at the moment having been rained in for an idle weekend with nothing to play.

It might not be perfect, it might not live up to the (absurd) standards some people have set up for Bioware that they have consistently failed to meet since BG2, but I find it highly unlikely there's going to be a better game released in the next few weeks :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I know it'll be plenty playable enough, but I'm not the type to generally buy new releases - probably the only one in the last couple of years being The Witcher 2. Going back I only bought Skyrim early February which is comparatively early for me, and New Vegas and Civ V were on similar timelines. Fallout 3 was over a year after release (and a total waste of money even at that). Indeed Mass Effect 2 I bought almost 6 months after release, in July '10 (going by dates in Windows uninstall list), and also 6 months for Alpha Protocol.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I still haven't picked up Skyrim.. that's one that will probably end up in the "wait a year or two until its dirt cheap with a bunch of dlc included".. ;)

I think I allowed myself to get caught up in the last few months.. Deus Ex CE, TOR CE, and now the ME3 CE...

Of course, apart from those and Saints Row the Third.. I haven't really picked up any games properly fresh in the whole of last year. Just a few cheapies via steam..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well Australia's version of dirt-cheap is the UK's full price - so as someone who imports the vast majority of their games, it's hardly ever about the price for me - after all half price junk is still junk - but about, ahem, non-sponsored feedback on it.

Even then I still screw up badly, DXHR is still sitting on my shelf, never installed, four or five months after buying it.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I want to play the Journey badly, but I don't know anyone with a PS3 I could hog for the 3 hours the game lasts.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Unexpected success! I've been playing the same Dungeons of Dredmor character all weekend (Default difficulty; Permadeath On), and I just cleared the Monster Zoo on level 10. (I don't have the add-on, so this is the last level.) I was really still in the "figure out what all these skills do" phase of discovering a roguelike-- this is only the 10th character I've made, and the best my previous bunch had done is level 3.

This guy is a pretty straight Warrior. Has maxed Maces, Dual-Wielding, Thrown Weapons, Berserker Rage, and Smithing, with a few points in Master of Arms, and 1 in Viking Wizardry. If I were starting over, I'd probably change those last two. I guessed that "Viking Wizardry" would pair well with a melee character, but I hadn't quite understood the degree to which heavy armor undermines spellcasting. And the "Master of Arms" skill (basically a "you're good at wearing heavy armor" concept) has some useful bonuses, but I suspect that something like Assassination (for more critical-hit chance) would be more useful.

Edited by Enoch

I got through at least three dozen characters and actually had several builds that were cruising through Levels 8-9, but then killed myself through lack of caution. Is there a big baddie at the end?

I got through at least three dozen characters and actually had several builds that were cruising through Levels 8-9, but then killed myself through lack of caution. Is there a big baddie at the end?

I presume that Lord Dredmor is waiting for me somewhere around here.

I'm keeping count of my characters by naming them alphabetically.

Edited by Enoch

Well, I managed to spot Lord Dredmor. But I decided to chug an invisibility potion and run away to explore the rest of the level before facing him. Never made it back. I really should've used another invis to get away from that pack of Arch Diggles. Poor Ja the Adventurer-- didn't even get the achievement for dying at Dredmor's hands.

Ka, you're up next!

Edited by Enoch