The funny things thread

Gorth

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining American Idol and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The story should use someone opening a gate to Hell as a plot device!

Could work.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Terrible Crossover Fanfiction Idea Generator!

http://kaction.com/badfanfiction/

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining 1984 and Final Fantasy X-2. The story should use legalizing same-sex marriage as a plot device!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining the Diary of Anne Frank and the Lion King. The story should use possession by Satan as a plot device!

Srsly.

sonsofgygax.JPG

The Terrible Crossover Fanfiction Idea Generator!

http://kaction.com/badfanfiction/

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining 1984 and Final Fantasy X-2. The story should use legalizing same-sex marriage as a plot device!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Monty Python & the Holy Grail and Rocky Horror Picture Show. The story should use shopping for an iPad as a plot device!

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

WIN!

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Quake and Robin Hood. The story should use drug abuse as a plot device!

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And for the ladies out there..

And remember "kittens make everything better..."

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ... gimmie!

beretcat-01.jpg

...wat, was there something else to notice? :-

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Thundercats and Batman. The story should use furries as a plot device!

:S

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

• Like 3

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Meshugger gets +10000 for posting that one. Awesome sauce, loved it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Best part is 7:31

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

For the wall of text - something that amused me during a description of exposure to vacuum in space.

Anywhere a victim isn't near a large heat-retaining body, she flash-freezes first. Thirty to 60 seconds is an extremely generous amount of time for the human body to freeze through, considering the ambient temperature in space is cold enough to freeze solid helium.

If the crystallizing victim gets pulled inside before she dies (yes, "dies," as in all of the water in her body freezes into tiny crystals and ruptures most of her cells), she has some brutal frostbite of the limbs and loses her eyes (Eyes are essentially balls of water, are quite delicate, and don't have the protection of that surprisingly tough envelope, skin).

Additionally, the subject probably suffers pressure-induced damage as well: ruptured capillaries throughout her body, blown-out eardrums, and possible eruptions of gastrointestinal and urinary tracts.

In the event that the victim is exposed to a significant heat source.. That's where there's gore. In this case, the pressure likely kills the victim first. He has about as much time to survive as the other victim did, although the effects are somewhat different here. The subject's surface capillaries burst, his eyes rupture, his eardrums pop - there's a lot of general rupturing as heat works its way inward to boil his blood and cellular contents. He blows up like a balloon - remember, human skin is surprisingly tough and elastic - with quite a lot of bleeding out every orifice, and the destruction of most of the delicate tissues within those orifices. A last second rescue is rather messier then it is for the frozen victim, but this subject might sustain a little less damage.

At least he doesn't have frostbite.

Oh, and remember something called radiation. The damned stuff is everywhere when there's no atmosphere to protect you. Not only is the subject of a last minute rescue cooked, he suffers massive cellular damage. Beyond that, he's certainly got severe cancer to look forward to in the near future.

In the end, unprotected exposure to hard vacuum is a bad thing. It's best to avoid it entirely. Don't go outside without a spacesuit.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Always liked Eeyore.

Hey, at least they didn't kill the hookers and secret their bodies someplace.