The funny things thread

Gorth

Part of the trouble is, people in the emergency services have actually lost their jobs for ignoring health and safety. It's yeah, pretty damn ludicrous. And one of the reasons the mentioned "common sense" law was brought in. But the mix of health and safety regulations brought on by the various governments of the previous decades (and from Brussels and the EU), combined with civil lawsuits thrown at emergency responders for some downright silly reasons.. Can make folks extremely hesitant in situations like this.

It's just crazy.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Part of the trouble is, people in the emergency services have actually lost their jobs for ignoring health and safety. It's yeah, pretty damn ludicrous. And one of the reasons the mentioned "common sense" law was brought in. But the mix of health and safety regulations brought on by the various governments of the previous decades (and from Brussels and the EU), combined with civil lawsuits thrown at emergency responders for some downright silly reasons.. Can make folks extremely hesitant in situations like this.

It's just crazy.

Yeah, 'cept nobody follows the Brussels regulations more obsessively than the Finns, and our rescuers can pull people out of the water just fine. This obsession with water "safety" seems to be an entirely British phenomenon, I've run to it before.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

A way Episode I could have been done

That is just brilliant.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not really 'funny' but Optimus Prime extolling the virtues of exploration and NASA.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

LOL. Well, Hilde. When we invaded Iraq people asked what we were doing about all the other ***holes....

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Charlie Brooker talking about the Kony 2012 con.

LOL. Well that's comprehensively ruined the campaign for me. :)

Although I do have to ask if we're not just tearing down a laudable attempt to nail a complete bastard simply because it's too shiny.

-Elwood Blues

Going back a step, why the hell couldn't the slogan have been 'General Butt Naked 2012'. There would have bound to be some hilarious misunderstandings.

-Elwood Blues

tumblr_m0ehsfiJ2N1qdlh1io1_250.gif

"There's something deeply satisfying about mithering a cat." - Uncle Mort

-Elwood Blues

Maybe it's because I stil haven't eaten, but I just find that sad.

-Elwood Blues