RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Ranged combat on consoles will either be piss easy or an absolute nightmare to aim.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It'd be great with Kinect.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just got this in the mail:

http://www.razerzone.com/projectfiona/video

probably the dumbest, most impractical, very likely overpriced, "platform" yet

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

"Ranged combat on consoles will either be piss easy or an absolute nightmare to aim."

This doesn't make a lick fo sense since plenty of console games have awesome shooting/aiming for ranged combat. Your logic is poor.

"So Blizzard is finally making the transition?"

FINALLY? They made the 'transistion' way back with Diablo 1. And, it was a lot more fun on console than on PC.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So Blizzard is finally making the transition?

Wonder how many adjustments it'll take to make it playable on a pad.

Blizzard's made a lot of console games in their time. Even Diablo was on PSOne. I imagine they'll refine that old scheme a bit.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So Blizzard is finally making the transition?

Wonder how many adjustments it'll take to make it playable on a pad.

Blizzard's made a lot of console games in their time. Even Diablo was on PSOne. I imagine they'll refine that old scheme a bit.

What worked a decade ago doesn't matter - today the design pattern is clearly to go from PC-oriented design to console-oriented one.

The standards have changed too much and I can't see how blizzard can get away with point and click menus in a console version.

I don't know about this. I got a PS3 because I was sick of the entire always online DRM junk Ubi put out for PC but not on the consoles. If Blizz does an always online to play the SP version of D3 I don't think they'll have as big of sales on the consoles as they may think. Might as well stick to PC instead if that is the case since we'd all have played it via PC already if we were going to play it with the always Online thing going on in the background.

Ammo is abstracted. You're assumed to be carrying enough clips to reload as much as you want, but it takes a turn to do so. Suppressive fire is crazy awesome, for instance, but it burns through ammo like a mofo so you're borrowing turns down the road to kick ass now.

Only truly negative thing so far. Might have to check the link to see if there is any info on LOS and Fog of War effects, whether it will have all the awesome autonomous factions of X-Com 3 etc.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ammo is abstracted. You're assumed to be carrying enough clips to reload as much as you want, but it takes a turn to do so. Suppressive fire is crazy awesome, for instance, but it burns through ammo like a mofo so you're borrowing turns down the road to kick ass now.

Only truly negative thing so far. Might have to check the link to see if there is any info on LOS and Fog of War effects, whether it will have all the awesome autonomous factions of X-Com 3 etc.

I don't mind that, worked fine in some other games so i look forward to see how it does here. Sure ammo shortage would create plenty of great situations but probably even more annoying ones and who knows how many people are willing to put up with that. It might be modded into the game later. And maybe one turn will make a difference so you will still have to plan approaches careful, so you won't have an empty gun when the enemy is pinning you down or when some good opportunity for killing is at hand.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Yeah not a fan of that ammo change, shame to hear your squaddies can't freak out and waste everyone else though ;)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I actually like this. Never did get ammo concerns in a setting where you really should have enough. Sure, for a few powerful weapons it could be a bit stupid (ie rocket launchers), but on a general scale I think it's a good move.

I think this game sounds very promising.

"Ranged combat on consoles will either be piss easy or an absolute nightmare to aim."

This doesn't make a lick fo sense since plenty of console games have awesome shooting/aiming for ranged combat. Your logic is poor.

I'm assuming Diablo 3 will play like the previous games.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

XCom was about resource management as much as it was about tactics. removing multiple bases and ammo... this game is already ****e in my book

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Not having played previous XCOMs, that sounds pretty cool. I'm usually not a fan of building multiple bases in quasi-strategy games. Lack of ammo sounds a bit silly though.

I actually like this. Never did get ammo concerns in a setting where you really should have enough. Sure, for a few powerful weapons it could be a bit stupid (ie rocket launchers), but on a general scale I think it's a good move.

I think this game sounds very promising.

Well, what's "enough" ammunition, though ?

I'm less upset about the ammo than the multiple bases. I loved having a research base, a military base, and a manufacturing base. Still, everything else sounds sublime, so I'm planning on it as a day one purchase.

Not having to manufacture individual clips will also be nice, that was a pain in the original.