Deus Ex 3

I find it annoying to get lost all the time in Hengsha and even with quest markers I got loste more often than I wanted to. Especially because I find the location map worthless most of the time. On my third playthrough I've slowly learned the setup of the location and manage it to go around without checking the map often.

About the markers I don't like that they aren't working like in DX1. In the original, an object was highlighted when you pointed on it. In DX:HR you can only have them highlighted always or never (there have been complaints about it already prior to release. There was a community vote for what alternative option should be included into the game because of these complaints and yeah, the majority failed here because the majority obviously didn't remembered anymore how it was done in the original. Quite funny, almost like with Fallout 3---- so many fans of the originals from one moment to the next, but for *fans* they know surprisingly little about the original game). I don't like both (all off / all on), but if I have to chose, I let highlighting on for all.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The end with the

three buttons and the audio explanation

was a comedic moment at least :)

With widescreens and accompanying pictures no less, Hugh Darrow really planed ahead it seems heh.

Fortune favors the bald.

Quick question about how much I've got left of the game, if I can finish it somewhat quickly despite not much free time.

I just got to Singapore.

How much left of the game?

It's pretty much the

Omega Ranch in Singapore, and then oft to the end in Panchea

and you'll be done... at least for one playthrough. :)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

One thing that surprises me about most of the screenshots people are uploading is how many seem to keep the obnoxious quest markers switched on.

That's a surprise ? Was funny to hear people complain about not finding Zelazny when it's written down pretty clearly. I wonder which ending will be the canon one, Taggart's I guess?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wonder which ending will be the canon one, Taggart's I guess?

I kind of see the self-sacrifice one as the most logical for canon... Pushes the mystery aspects, adds to the Bob Paige ending talk of "search the wreckage", and adds the posibility of

Adam ending up in a frozen block in the arctic and getting defrosted for a later game

:)

Edited by Raithe

One thing that surprises me about most of the screenshots people are uploading is how many seem to keep the obnoxious quest markers switched on.

That's a surprise ?

Considering most places I hang out online have people complaining about the dumbing down of games, yeah. It's like discovering that the people who laughed at those who couldn't find Caius Cosades are themselves the players who couldn't find Caius Cosades. Of course this is the same crowd that whines when you take save anywhere away from them. If there's one thing you can rely on gamers for, it's inconsistency.

I think the endings are vague enough that there isn't a need to pick a canon ending.

Fair enough. I guess it's expediency for some.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think the endings are vague enough that there isn't a need to pick a canon ending.

Unless they plan on doing something between DX1 and DXHR, there's definitely no need to canonise any of the endings. The world can change enough in the time in-between to make any one of those a viable starting point. Besides, as the novel pretty much points out, whatever gets released, will be spin-doctored by Picus within the week.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Maybe it's just cause I have the pc version, but loading times are never a problem for me.

You probably have a lot of RAM. Mine were fairly annoying on the PC.

Well, 4Gig of Ram.

But in-game I don't have any long loading times, if I've been playing for a couple of hours re-loading a saved game might take 20 seconds or so.

My load times weren't intolerable, maybe 10-15 seconds for Hengsha, less for other areas and I've 4 Gb of RAM. I did notice one 'bug' for me, game would hard lock when loading sometimes - although I suspect my alt-tabbing brought that on, heh.

My load times weren't intolerable, maybe 10-15 seconds for Hengsha, less for other areas and I've 4 Gb of RAM. I did notice one 'bug' for me, game would hard lock when loading sometimes - although I suspect my alt-tabbing brought that on, heh.

No, I've had that a few times but I don't alt-tab. It's not that common, but it happened maybe a dozen times through one playthrough.

my game was 100% crash free after two playthroughs. it was about 6-8 seconds per loading screen, more like 10-15 if it was a brand new area. i have 8 gigs of ram but the rest of my system is not particularly powerful (9800gt, weak processor too)

i had most graphic settings to low, except resolution. game was very very smooth (had to download new drivers for it though, but thats not very unusual)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Maybe it's just cause I have the pc version, but loading times are never a problem for me.

I was on the PS3, and I don't remember there being much in the way of loading upon entering buildings.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Returned to Hensha on my second playthrough..and just realised I missed a couple of those Hugh Darrow ebooks in TYM.. Darn. Ah well, something to keep in mind when I get around to a third one.

I was on the PS3, and I don't remember there being much in the way of loading upon entering buildings.

Playing with the game installed on the 360 load times are pretty good. Super long load times were apparently only an issue on the PC version and that issue was fixed in the patch.