Deus Ex 3

Judging by various monitoring tools the game isn't really stressing any of my components, I reckon it'll need a driver update from Nvidia, seems all these DX11 games need immediate driver updates if you want to use the fancy features :(

Edited by WDeranged

You kids and your ARGs these days.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The most recent development is there's a wav file hidden in the source for that page. It's morse code and translates to 11M13CLINIC when read backwards, gibberish forwards. Or something close to that. Does not lead to a new site, no idea what to do with it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Some suspicion it's to do with Paris, apparently.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Leads to a camera shot of adam in a storage pod. Dated Sunday 4:28:something. ARG is done. Now to see if it means we wait until Sunday to get an actual announcement.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1378/3crsbcjcie.jpg

Some suspicion that it might be linked to Icarus Effect. The BSAXO reference on the 13311tower.com site. But nothing substantial.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Paris was the only major area that wasn't touched on by HR no? I mean area 51 but that was more just a hazard area. Would make sense to have stuff set there.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The BSAXO reference on the 13311tower.com site.

Ben Saxon from the book, who left Belltower to join the "Tyrants?" :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The BSAXO reference on the 13311tower.com site.

Ben Saxon from the book, who left Belltower to join the "Tyrants?" :>

That's not all he did...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Don't know, I am at around 3/4 of the book so far. Will probably finish it until friday.

It's an ok-ish book, btw. It's tensing and has atmosphere. I just don't like that you have to know at least something about DX3 to really understand it. Often stuff is only losely described and if you never heard of it, you don't know what the hell is going on. One example being the use of the Diamondback in the early pages. It's said that the gun is used, but you just don't know what gun this is--- it is nowhere said that it's a revolver, etc. So if you don't know the weapons from the game, you end in questionmarks here. I saw a few of such parts already in the book. Also the sentences are pretty long here and there and unnecessarily interlaced. But that's all I have to nagg about so far...

/Edit: Also if you want to play the game as well, I'd suggest to play DX:HR first and read the book later. Else you are going to spoil yourself elements from the games story (while the game doesn't spoil anything big about the book).

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Don't know, I am at around 3/4 of the book so far. Will probably finish it until friday.

It's an ok-ish book, btw. It's tensing and has atmosphere. I just don't like that you have to know at least something about DX3 to really understand it. Often stuff is only losely described and if you never heard of it, you don't know what the hell is going on. One example being the use of the Diamondback in the early pages. It's said that the gun is used, but you just don't know what gun this is--- it is nowhere said that it's a revolver, etc. So if you don't know the weapons from the game, you end in questionmarks here. I saw a few of such parts already in the book. Also the sentences are pretty long here and there and unnecessarily interlaced. But that's all I have to nagg about so far...

/Edit: Also if you want to play the game as well, I'd suggest to play DX:HR first and read the book later. Else you are going to spoil yourself elements from the games story (while the game doesn't spoil anything big about the book).

Meh, I read the book before playing the game, and I wasn't really spoiled at all, the info is complementary so it gives you stuff on the conspiracy but very little on the happenings of the game. And when someone whips out their Diamondback, is it REALLY absolutely necessary for you to know if it's a revolver or semi-auto? I'd throw a fit if the author would start explaining that to me! >_<

Also: Long sentences, brah? You mean it's not Tom Clancy? :p

I don't read Tom Clancy. :>

Also it's the german version, so I don't know how much it differs to the english original.

About the weapon: From a "I know nothing"-readers perspective, I saw no hint about what type of weapon it is. And yeah, if the direct weapon name is written, I somehow expect them to describe it. I mean, stuff like that flying drone mines was described as well, so why not the guns too. Elements like this pretty much give me the feeling that the book was only written for the game nerds who know everything about it already anyway and just want moar. It makes me unable to see the book standing alone. But maybe I only feel this way, because I normally don't read such books. After all it's the first game book I've read since the Resident Evil (1) thing years ago.

I don't read Tom Clancy. :>

Also it's the german version, so I don't know how much it differs to the english original.

About the weapon: From a "I know nothing"-readers perspective, I saw no hint about what type of weapon it is. And yeah, if the direct weapon name is written, I somehow expect them to describe it. I mean, stuff like that flying drone mines was described as well, so why not the guns too. Elements like this pretty much give me the feeling that the book was only written for the game nerds who know everything about it already anyway and just want moar. It makes me unable to see the book standing alone. But maybe I only feel this way, because I normally don't read such books. After all it's the first game book I've read since the Resident Evil (1) thing years ago.

Allrighty, if it's ze german version, I can't really comment. All I know is that I had essentially zero in-universe knowledge (well, of the "this weapon is that" kind, anyway) before I read the book, and I had absolutely 0 issues with the original version.

Besides, I thought that unnecessarily long sentences are a required part of the German language. Certainly in the legal material I have to read! :D

Weee, finished it. Took me around 24 hours and it would seem I even missed one sidequest. Definately had a blast playing it and think it's actually better than either one of the original games.

Now let's see what they can do with the Thief license >_<

Hate the living, love the dead.

Looks like first DLC might be set between the scene where Jensen is transporting himself to a location via ship (after the Tong mission). No comm-connection available + the image that was released confirm it pretty much, imo.

/Edit: VGTthingy news.

Edited by Lexx

Looks like first DLC might be set between the scene where Jensen is transporting himself to a location via ship (after the Tong mission). No comm-connection available + the image that was released confirm it pretty much, imo.

/Edit: VGTthingy news.

Wonder if it's greys and greazels now... :D

p.s. The reviewer who said that the double takedown aug is useless, is either a lying sack of ****, or didn't play it past Milwaukee Junction. I think the same person also said that the Social Aug is useless, which is true only if you don't like to get bonuses from dialogues. ****wit.

I think the same person also said that the Social Aug is useless, which is true only if you don't like to get bonuses from dialogues. ****wit.

The social aug is actually pretty useless, I've gotten the "smooth talker" bonus on all but one (

that angry police dude in detroit

). The right dialogue is pretty self evident imho. Double takedown however is a must.

Fortune favors the bald.