RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Looks pretty awesome. I always enjoyed Starbreeze products. Never played the old Syndicate games, so I'll just treat this as a new IP (same with XCOM).

Oh yeah, and please spare us all the whining this time please? Let's keep the discussion to the reboot, and for what it is, namely a SHOOTER Shooter shooter shooter.... >_<

Meh, on one hand I'm sorta happy about getting more cyberpunk, OTOH I don't get these reanimated franchises - if you are trying to kiss up to the old crowd, why make it fundamentally different in gameplay? Or is it to cater to the gaming hipster crowd, the ones who go around claiming how DXHR is vastly inferior to the original, because it's worse in the imaginary ways of x, y and z (that quite ably demonstrate that the person talking about the game has never played it). Maybe EA is cynical enough to assume that they won't even remember that Syndicate wasn't an FPS. >_<

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

*Sighs*... And people still claim that japanese games lack innovation... If the innovation means that 9 out of 10 games released is stupid FPS, then I do not want any innovation in gaming industry... it gets more and more boring...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

You might disagree, but I see more innovation nowadays in shooters/action games than I see with, say RPGs.

The great thing about shooters/action games is that they're so...mallable. Mix in RPG elements, make it semi-open world (Fallout 3 anyone?), put in conversation wheels and what not, people are still gonna love it because at it's core, it's visceral combat and great immersive (I know people hate that word) atmosphere. What's not to love?

You can present a world much better within that genre than, say a top-down strategy game.

Even Bioware realised that a long time ago, and see how they're thriving.

Hope it isn't too late for Obsidian to realise this FACT. Well, Fallout NV should have opened their eyes.

Edited by Morgoth

Oh yeah, and please spare us all the whining this time please? Let's keep the discussion to the reboot, and for what it is, namely a SHOOTER Shooter shooter shooter.... :lol:

a020.gif

Just wondering what it could add to the table that shooters haven't added before?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I find it funny how some people cry about Syndicate getting FPS'ed, but for Fallout it was ok. :lol:

"Wuu wuu Syndicate gets raped, wuu wuu!" - "Well, but the same happened with Fallout too." - "But Fallout is different, it worked very good in first person!"

Oh well.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

*Groan* :lol:

Sometimes the dead are just better left dead. The world really doesn't need more generic FPS games.

Indeed. Especially not old classics re-imagined as such.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Hm...wonder what old series they'll revive next ?

You should say "reanimate" instead of "revive".

bride_reanimator_001.jpg

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Looks pretty awesome. I always enjoyed Starbreeze products. Never played the old Syndicate games, so I'll just treat this as a new IP (same with XCOM).

Oh yeah, and please spare us all the whining this time please? Let's keep the discussion to the reboot, and for what it is, namely a SHOOTER Shooter shooter shooter.... :lol:

*shrug*

If a company buys up an old IP, releases a new version of the IP with the exact same name and completely different gameplay they deserve whatever flack they get.

They could just as easily make up a new IP for the new gameplay but instead consciously try to cash in on the cred of a previous IP. It's a money-grab nothing more. Certainly a company's right as IP owner, but still a d-bag move for those whole liked the IP because of the original gameplay.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

coming Q1 2012.

I soo bet it's gonna be March.

Like ME3. Or XCOM. Or Max Payne 3. Why not add Syndicate to that?

EA isn't going to have ME3 and Syndicate going head-to-head, they'd be crazy to do it with two big released in general, and these two in particular. Mid-late April.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Sorry to inform you Slowtrain, but the game business ain't about entitlement and "serving the fanbase" today anymore.

EA can do with it's IP whatever they want.

No argument there. But it's also completely understandable why fans of the original gameplay would get annoyed and slag off the company.

Hopefully though The New XCOM (in specific) will be a good game in its own right and it won't matter what it's called.

In the end that's what its all about.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Sorry to inform you Slowtrain, but the game business ain't about entitlement and "serving the fanbase" today anymore.

EA can do with it's IP whatever they want.

See it on the bright side, at least Peter Molyneux isn't working on it.

Why is that the bright side?

1.13 killed off Ja2.