What you did today

Tale

it's 6am and i just got home from a friend's 21st birthday party

bit of a crazy night really

all sorts of new people, such as the goth twin girls i kept getting mixed up. which was awkward because one of them is gay and i was talking to her girlfriend for a while. it was very confusing because i was never quite sure which of the twins she was talking about.

then there was the girl i met a few months ago who still persists in being.... overly friendly, despite knowing full well i have a girlfriend and that i've already turned down her offers time and time again. she brought along her little sister to the party and kept espousing my supposed virtues to her. it kinda seemed like she was trying to set me up with her, which is more than a little odd.

also i finally heard some of the tracks that are being written for this band i'm apparently going to be singing in

as far as groundwork goes for a finished track, it was sounding pretty good

time for bed methinks. i am le tired

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

If you told me it also included ultra violent bloodlettings and tentacle rape I might be interested :woot:

Berserk

It's on a class of its own and as such all comparisons fall short aside from being offensive to such a great work. :wub:

NOW SOMEONE PUT A GUN TO KENTARO'S HEAD AND GET HIM TO FINISH IT!!! :o

Edit: BTW, has anyone heard from Tarna?

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

she brought along her little sister to the party and kept espousing my supposed virtues to her. it kinda seemed like she was trying to set me up with her, which is more than a little odd.

It's a classical strategy, it would seem bragging to talk about ones own virtues. Using someone else reinforces validity.

The guy equivalent is having several (preferably female) friends talking positively about one in the desired woman's company.

Fortune favors the bald.

I have found a very strange anime.... it's way to overtly sexual... there's like a boob shot in every single episode, panty shots every seven minutes, and they have an episode where a girl works a sea cucumber like a guys... nethers, and a second girl gets covered in ... stuff.

If you told me it also included ultra violent bloodlettings and tentacle rape I might be interested :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afhc7K9eN78 just go to 1:40

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hi everyone,

I have just spoken with a friend of tarna's and he is out of surgery and actually making phone calls! Things look hopeful at this point. I will update as I hear updates from him!

F

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Excellent news. Thanks Fio. Hopefully this will be a big step in his road to recovery.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hi everyone,

I have just spoken with a friend of tarna's and he is out of surgery and actually making phone calls! Things look hopeful at this point. I will update as I hear updates from him!

F

Great news! Thanks for keeping us updated!

That's the best news I've heard in days. :(

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Got called in as "IT support" by a friend , so spend some time trying to solve a problem on a laptop. Complicated by the fact it was set to Chilean Spanish... and the spanish speaker didn't know how to translate completely.

Then ended the evening with cuban cigars and cuban rum supplied by that friend as we sat around afterwards.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I went fishing in Cold Creek today. I caught two pea**** bass of pretty decent size. I pan fried them with some brown rice and summer squash. Now sitting on the front porch watching the rain and enjoing a glass of Knob Creek straight up on ice.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Gran is away in france visiting one of my uncles.. so we snuck over to her house to pull up a bunch of paving stones in her garden, level out the surface since it had all started sinking in, then relayered the paving stones.

Now I'm home, it's noon..and I'm getting to enjoy my first damn cup of tea of the day. Huzzah.

Hi everyone,

F

Outstanding :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Talked on the phone for two hours with the ex wife today (yes I finally did give her my number and address :) ). She is getting remarried and wanted me to hear it from her. I wished her all the best and I do. I wasted far too many years hating her for just being who she was and I think she did the same for me. All that ended when we spoke after I had that car accident a few years ago. The truth is I think we were incompatible from the start but had my life and career turned out otherwise that may not have been the case. I wonder about that. More than anything else it was money trouble that drove us apart. The stress of that just ruined our relationship. But even before that I could tell we were two very different people beyond our mutual attraction to each other. I imagine that the "stress test" would have come along sooner or later and the outcome would have been the same. If was not money trouble after two years of marriage it would have been something else much later on. I guess it was better to find out early.

I hated her for the worst reason of all, she did not turn out to be the person I wanted her to be. And there was nothing she could do about that because it was not her fault. I am sure we have forgiven each other for all past wrongs even though we have never said so. I wish I could have told her all that but in the end we just caught up a bit and I wished her love and happiness in the future.

However relationships turn out don't ever hate the other person, it eats at your soul and odds are they did not deserve it anyway.

Thomas Sowell

Talked on the phone for two hours with the ex wife today (yes I finally did give her my number and address :) ). She is getting remarried and wanted me to hear it from her. I wished her all the best and I do. I wasted far too many years hating her for just being who she was and I think she did the same for me. All that ended when we spoke after I had that car accident a few years ago. The truth is I think we were incompatible from the start but had my life and career turned out otherwise that may not have been the case. I wonder about that. More than anything else it was money trouble that drove us apart. The stress of that just ruined our relationship. But even before that I could tell we were two very different people beyond our mutual attraction to each other. I imagine that the "stress test" would have come along sooner or later and the outcome would have been the same. If was not money trouble after two years of marriage it would have been something else much later on. I guess it was better to find out early.

I hated her for the worst reason of all, she did not turn out to be the person I wanted her to be. And there was nothing she could do about that because it was not her fault. I am sure we have forgiven each other for all past wrongs even though we have never said so. I wish I could have told her all that but in the end we just caught up a bit and I wished her love and happiness in the future.

However relationships turn out don't ever hate the other person, it eats at your soul and odds are they did not deserve it anyway.

But it's great that you sorted it out and figured out why it went wrong. Life lessons!

That's good to hear GD, and fantastic news about Tarna.

It was a pretty good Labor Day weekend. Saturday my wife and I went out with another couple, and we ended up at a bar with over 100 beers on tap, it was awesome. Then yesterday I played a round of golf with my dad, and today I went on a bike ride and had a nice brunch with some friends. I also ran a ton of errands with the extra day off, so I'm feeling good about starting the work week.

Well said, and really agree with the final sentence.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Woke up from some semi-odd dreams because a dog jumped onto the bed and landed on my back. Then kind of laid there with the sounds of high winds in the trees and rain on the windows being a tad hypnotic...

The rain has now stopped, but the wind is still causing a hellava lot of tree sway and branch/leaf rustle.

Trying to keep my brain ticking along and in some form of focus as the day shapes up...

Semi-related to the earlier discussion, just got a mail from the ex, telling me that she and her 5-day old son are doing well.

Have an urge to go sit on the balcony, look at the miserable rainy weather outside and down that bottle of chivas. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Heard pretty much the worst news of my life today. Even though I've known this day was coming since early spring it doesn't make it any easier to handle.

Why does life have to suck so much most of the time...

Hate the living, love the dead.

Heard pretty much the worst news of my life today.

Sounds like non-trivial bad news... :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Heard pretty much the worst news of my life today.

Sounds like non-trivial bad news... :)

Perhaps he's just realised he's not British? o:)

~~

Agree with GD. Although I think hate gets a bad rep sometimes. It's better than an insipid emotional vacuum.

~~

Mad dreams last night. Terrorist bombs, and frogs doing handstands... You ever seen a frog doing a handstand? Don't. It's bloody awful.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Heard pretty much the worst news of my life today. Even though I've known this day was coming since early spring it doesn't make it any easier to handle.

Why does life have to suck so much most of the time...

I have a guess as to what the news is, but hope you manage well with it for what it's worth. Also you people drink way too much, your poor livers :p

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra